Whose Smarter than this Teenage?

I've been bored lately and just reading through random threads and commenting. So...

Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1
You know, I was just thinking about this while listening to the radio on the way home today. NPR was airing an interview with this post-doctorate scientist about some kind of squirrel that had evolved an unusually effective intimidation defense against rattlesnakes, and the guy said "irregardless." I cringed and literally yelled, "Come on, you're a ****ing doctor!" at my radio. I know the two fields are not related at all, and I know it's perfectly feasible for someone to be a complete prodigy in science or math but have terrible grammar or writing skills, but I think subconsciously I did dock the guy a few points on the genius scale when I heard him say that. Communication plays a big role in how I view people's intelligence without my even noticing sometimes, and I think that holds true for a lot of people.

Irregardless is a word in the English language. It's generally considered "non-standard", however it is considered acceptable. It's a common misconception that it's not a word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

The internet never ceases to amaze me. We apparently have a greater concentration of bonafide geniuses on the hype than in attendance at M.I.T, one of which (that I have argued with) apparently has an IQ as high as or close to the highest verifiable IQ in human history. Amazing.

Incidentally Corp, that is not directed at you.

Who is smarter than this teenager - not 'whose'.

Yes, but not before we get correct the grammar. Such mistakes shouldn't become a habit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"