Why aren't PC Games included in this "Microsoft" forum?

Thats because of manny, he likes to piss of people in the sony section.

Drakon said:
Let me make this clear--I'm not just speaking as a staffer, I'm also speaking as a friend here.

If you take the time to notice, there's a good period of time between the time the idea was even announced, and when I brought it to Mirko, and when it happened. There's a reason for that. I put a LOT of thought into this, and decided that, if I was right, there would be benefits from this far past any "spreading flame war" you're incessantly talking about, which, quite frankly seems to be the only reason you're willing to give as to why "I fail by having the forum split". And no, this isn't the only forum worth a damn. You and your whining is ruining it. Instead of having good, honest reasoning, all you ever do is worship Bill Gates and/or hate on Ken Kutaragi. In that sense, you're just as bad, if not worse, than Horrorfan and his reasoning for not liking anything less than "M" rated games.
All I ever do is worship Bill Gates....whom I rarely mention.....and hate on Ken Kutaragi....like pretty much everyone else and to a much lesser degree as I've never made entire threads or even posts dedicated to him and have only mentioned him by name maybe twice in my life, though I guess I'm somehow "more" responsible for this....gotcha. As for "me and my whining" and it "ruining the forum", that's a pretty impressive task for me to have accomplished with the two, maybe three posts that I've written dedicated to "whining" about this change.
Getting to my lack of good, honest reasoning, is that some sort of joke? Please, point me in the direction of my posts that are not written as a joke that are lacking “good, honest reasoning”, I'm begging you, just point me in the direction of one. Did I not provide “good, honest reasoning” because someone disagreed with it? I disagree with almost everything you wrote, did you not provide “good, honest reasoning”? The whole implication that I'm somehow less reasonable than anyone else here is a joke. At the very least, the posts that I write are better and more logically sound than 99% of the crap that passes for posts in here. I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but I prefer “no, you idiot, you're wrong, here's why” to the poorly written, boring, one sentence grammatical tragedies that you get from most of the people in here.

Drakon said:
No, you're not getting banned because I won't admit to a "screw up" that really isn't. Well, now it is, and it's because of your constant bellyaching. Like I've told everyone---have faith in me, I've got reasons. Far beyond what I'm willing to share just yet, because if I did, I wouldn't be getting an honest reaction out of you guys. And quite frankly, the only reaction I've seen out of you the entire time is "This Idea Sucks! I hate Sony! My XBOX is the best thing on the planet, above food and oxygen!" Quite frankly, I can't see how you can't consider that trolling. Complaining to get a rise out of someone. Yeah, you're just as bad as you claim Topdawg to be. [And if he's that bad, REPORT HIM! I can't see everything, especially since I'm spreading out more now since I'm admin.]
If that's the only reaction you've seen, you haven't been looking. I've yet to make a massive “360 ****s on Sony, here's why” flame thread, I've mostly just made threads about games I think are going to be good, posted in those, and then did the same in the Nintendo and yes, even the Sony forum. If you were actually looking instead of just assuming, you'd see that I've actually made quite a few positive posts/threads in the Sony board, the only time I was blatantly trolling and not just expressing an opinion was in the Resistance thread, so it's hardly as wide spread as you like to pretend. And no, I'm nowhere near as bad as Topdawg is. There's a big difference between my posts, which most recently have been “wow, Okami, a PS2 game, looks awesome, I wish I could play it”, “PS3 will probably outsell the others”, “Yakuza, a PS2 game, looks awesome”, “God of War 2, a PS2 game, also looks awesome”, and the crap people have been posting in here. In case you haven't seen them, some great examples would be “lol u like kid games and have buttsecks with kids lol” from Horrorfan, variations of “lol i herd xbox360 is bad is this true?lollolololol” from Topdawg, “N3 Sucks Ass” (which you blamed ME for, but I'll get to that later) by Zenien though she was just joking, etc. You can pretend that I'm the troll if you really want to, knock yourself out, but I'm not the problem, I'm not even in the top ten.

Drakon said:
Funny how you cut out how often I've let things slide, too. Not just with you, but with a lot of people. I can't speak for the mod you're mentioning above, so I won't try to. But you fail to notice you've got a decent post count on this name, too. And a few others. You fail to notice how you're no longer banned immediately on sight. You fail to notice that I've stood up for you several times. And other trolls, we're doing what we can. I patrol here the most, with Doggy being a close second. After all this time, I haven't slighted you guys once-I've been more than fair with all of you, even for those of you who honestly didn't deserve it. But I'm an idiot, right? Because I recommended that we split the games forums. Yeah. Thank you very much.
I didn't “fail” to notice any of this Drakon, I said “with few exceptions” with you in mind. I didn't call you an idiot, and I didn't act like you've been a jackass like some of the other mods (to name names, Elijah especially for banning me for asking a ****ing question and then deleting the thread when people started calling him/her a dick for it, Dew for banning me when I sent her a PM that contained photographic evidence of Oregondude breaking a rule that was listed in the FAQ, while not touching him, as the biggest *****). The only thing I did was say most of the mods here suck and are self important **** up's (because they are), and that this idea sucks (because it does). There wasn't anything in there that was meant as “hey drakon, **** you too!”.

Drakon said:
Explain why you're so right. Please tell me why you think-no, why you KNOW FOR A FACT that I didn't sit on the idea for days checking all the pros and cons beyond what you'd see here in this forum before considering it an idea worthy to bring to the owner and administrator of the site. This goes LIGHT YEARS beyond the trolling aspect of it. And so far, from what I've seen [admittedly, not as much as I would have two months ago], you've been the only troll with crap like "The Sony Diet" IN THE SONY FORUM, which was Wii related, but you were swearing Sony would steal it. Why would you do something like that when you KNOW FOR A FACT that it would stir up trouble. Zenien made a thread too, but it wasn't nearly as bad as yours "99N SUCKS ASS [when really, it was reported as mediocre]"
Ok, first things first. I can't tell if your saying Zenien's thread wasn't as bad as mine, or if you are saying that the sucks ass thread WAS mine, but if you are, I want you to click that N3 thread. Go ahead, click it. See how I spent the better part of maybe 20 posts defending it to the death? Do you really think I would have made a thread called “99N Sucks Ass”? That was Zenien's thread, not mine. Later either she, or you, or someone else changed the name, I don't know, but they are the same thread, and I had NOTHING to do with it's creation, so don't blame me for that mess. If you were saying the other thing, nevermind.

As for how I know for a fact, that depends. How do I know that a lot of time was put into thinking about it? I don't. How do I know that not a lot of actual thinking was put into it? Because I can see the results before me, that many could have easily predicted were they ever consulted (and don't point out that tech support thread, that's like asking why we didn't see it in the Superman products forum), and I can see that there's no way anyone could have thought everything through and still came away thinking that it was a good idea. Whatever your hidden reasons and plans are that you “can't share with us” at the moment, the fact is, this has given all the threads less exposure. It's given rise to more trolling, and don't try to pin that all on me, that's not even a quarter my fault. It's made topics we're interested in more difficult to keep track of. It's resulted in two half dead forums (Nintendo, PC) and another (Misc) that would be just as bad were it not for the spam thread. It's made the forums more of a chore to navigate, with more clicking involved to see all that we wish to see, and let's face it, with the boards less-than-great track record for speed and not randomly taking 15 minutes to load, that's a HUGE problem. There are a lot more things wrong with this than just “wah wah I don't like it wah wah”, as you seem to think. But then again, who knows, maybe someone will disagree with me and I'll be found totally without logic and sound reasoning.

Drakon said:
No, you're not trolling just because you want to discuss the price. It's all in the way you say things. Calling people idiots and "Sony-****es" isn't how one intelligently argues a point, nor is "Micosoft can and will always do things better than Sony". With you, specifically, you tend to completely ignore any redeeming qualities of anything that you don't like, even if they are proven facts. Example, I've seen you dog Final Fantasy more times than I care to admit, and yet you don't once note how well they sell. I'd go on, but I honestly don't think anyone is really reading after all this.
Worst example of all time. I do mention that games I hate like Final Fantasy or Madden sell well, pretty much any time I talk about them, usually about how “idiot casual gamers continue to gobble this crap up”, with maybe a rolling eye smiley or a sad face. That probably goes into your thing about “intelligently arguing points” though. Well, Drakon, I'm sorry, but that's also wrong. I've calmly disagreed with people like Zenien or WHF or Gammy or even you on these boards many times. If the post in question calls for it, I'm as calm and civil as anyone else. But don't expect me to just ignore the fact that a post or a particular poster is ****ing ******ed. Horrorfan honestly attacked me with four different AIM accounts, told me I 'play with barbies' (I'll give you a second to get over the elementary school playground flashback), and continued to troll around even AFTER I put him on ignore, which sadly doesn't work as well as I had hoped because I can still read his awful posts in people's quotes. After all that, you honestly expect me to say “well horrorfan, despite all the evidence that you're a ****ing moron, I'm not going to call you that, and will instead calmly disagree”? I'm sorry Drakon, but I'm just some guy posting on a games message board, not a presidential candidate, I have zero reason to be that civil with someone that stupid, especially after all that, and there are multiple more examples. No, calling people names isn't a way to “intelligently argue a point”, but there comes a time, especially on this board, when you have to realize that there really is no hope of “intelligently arguing a point” with certain people and you just have to stop caring about being civil with them. That's not me being some huge flamer rulebreaker, that's me being a human being and reacting in a perfectly natural way when presented with something incredibly stupid, as MANY others, yourself included, have done before.

Topdawg said:

Either way that just makes you no better then Manny. Like Drakon said if you have that much of a problem report it & move on.

To be fair, he's right, 100%, bout the sony ****es.

Topdawg said:
Most of my activity in there has either been positive for Sony or just me expressing an opinion. I'm sorry if "hey, this is pretty expensive" or "meh, blu-ray doesn't really help with games much" pisses off the poor sony section :rolleyes::down

attacking you Manny? I tried to apologise, and you were being a ****tard logging on and off, so I got pissed off with you being such a little coward you couldnt even try to sort it out like adults.

Manny Calavera said:
Most of my activity in there has either been positive for Sony or just me expressing an opinion. I'm sorry if "hey, this is pretty expensive" or "meh, blu-ray doesn't really help with games much" pisses off the poor sony section :rolleyes::down

well remember the first thread you made in the sony section that got closed? And dont lie you said much worse than just ''blu-ray doesnt really help with games much'' creating threads with ''OMGZZ LoLzz sony is gonna rip-óff nintendo with teh sony diet!!!'' isnt really just posting your opinion its pure trolling. When Lizard made the thread about resistance when providing alot of information for people that are interested in the game you immediatly came in and ruined the whole thread.
Why did you think he made the ''Negative Comments'' thread?
By your trolling, so just stop with the useless hating on sony.:down

I dont care what he says, he made most of that **** up. He probably just retyped the words one he cut and pasted the real log. I did say he plays with barbies, however, but after chasing the nonce burger for five minutes to make peace i got a little antsy :o

TrailerCues said:
Either way that just makes you no better then Manny. Like Drakon said if you have that much of a problem report it & move on.

I have and we both got warned.:(

Topdawg said:
I have and we both got warned.:(

Then report and don't be guilty.

DRT--I'm still responding. Don't think I've blown you off.

Drakon said:
Then report and don't be guilty.

DRT--I'm still responding. Don't think I've blown you off.
He actually can't report anything I say, because as per Dew's order he's supposed to have me on ignore.

Long quote battles are sooo last update :whatever:

Manny Calavera said:
All I ever do is worship Bill Gates....whom I rarely mention.....and hate on Ken Kutaragi....like pretty much everyone else and to a much lesser degree as I've never made entire threads or even posts dedicated to him and have only mentioned him by name maybe twice in my life, though I guess I'm somehow "more" responsible for this....gotcha. As for "me and my whining" and it "ruining the forum", that's a pretty impressive task for me to have accomplished with the two, maybe three posts that I've written dedicated to "whining" about this change.
Getting to my lack of good, honest reasoning, is that some sort of joke? Please, point me in the direction of my posts that are not written as a joke that are lacking “good, honest reasoning”, I'm begging you, just point me in the direction of one. Did I not provide “good, honest reasoning” because someone disagreed with it? I disagree with almost everything you wrote, did you not provide “good, honest reasoning”? The whole implication that I'm somehow less reasonable than anyone else here is a joke. At the very least, the posts that I write are better and more logically sound than 99% of the crap that passes for posts in here. I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but I prefer “no, you idiot, you're wrong, here's why” to the poorly written, boring, one sentence grammatical tragedies that you get from most of the people in here.

"Bill Gates" and "Ken Kutaragi" wasn't refering to the people themselves, but the brands they represent. Sorry about not making that more clear. I hadn't been up long when I replied to the post, so it made sense in my head.

Dude, every post I've seen is you complaining about the split, or Topdawg, or Horrorfan, or just complaining in general, unless it's in the Microsoft forum.

I'll come up with proof in a little bit. I'm eating right now, and got to answer to the rest of your post.

If that's the only reaction you've seen, you haven't been looking. I've yet to make a massive “360 ****s on Sony, here's why” flame thread, I've mostly just made threads about games I think are going to be good, posted in those, and then did the same in the Nintendo and yes, even the Sony forum. If you were actually looking instead of just assuming, you'd see that I've actually made quite a few positive posts/threads in the Sony board, the only time I was blatantly trolling and not just expressing an opinion was in the Resistance thread, so it's hardly as wide spread as you like to pretend. And no, I'm nowhere near as bad as Topdawg is. There's a big difference between my posts, which most recently have been “wow, Okami, a PS2 game, looks awesome, I wish I could play it”, “PS3 will probably outsell the others”, “Yakuza, a PS2 game, looks awesome”, “God of War 2, a PS2 game, also looks awesome”, and the crap people have been posting in here. In case you haven't seen them, some great examples would be “lol u like kid games and have buttsecks with kids lol” from Horrorfan, variations of “lol i herd xbox360 is bad is this true?lollolololol” from Topdawg, “N3 Sucks Ass” (which you blamed ME for, but I'll get to that later) by Zenien though she was just joking, etc. You can pretend that I'm the troll if you really want to, knock yourself out, but I'm not the problem, I'm not even in the top ten.

I've already admitted that I haven't seen as much as I would have seen before I got my promotion--I've admitted fault on my part. Yes, I don't look as hard as I used to, but what I have seen is just complaining. Okay, so you don't have faith in the forum split. It's okay--that seems to be the general consensus here. But if nothing else, have faith in me and my idea. This was partially to help me better control flame wars [note--at the time, I had no idea that I was going to be boosted to admin], but I will admit, I had an ulterior motive in all of this, and quite frankly, from the attitude I've seen from several posters, it doesn't really make me want to go to another phase of my plan. And I won't tell what my plan

I didn't “fail” to notice any of this Drakon, I said “with few exceptions” with you in mind. I didn't call you an idiot, and I didn't act like you've been a jackass like some of the other mods (to name names, Elijah especially for banning me for asking a ****ing question and then deleting the thread when people started calling him/her a dick for it, Dew for banning me when I sent her a PM that contained photographic evidence of Oregondude breaking a rule that was listed in the FAQ, while not touching him, as the biggest *****). The only thing I did was say most of the mods here suck and are self important **** up's (because they are), and that this idea sucks (because it does). There wasn't anything in there that was meant as “hey drakon, **** you too!”.

I just get touchy when someone complains about the moderating while in a particular forum I call home, because oftentimes, it means that I'm not doing my job. Sorry for getting so defensive. I can't speak for Dew or Eli, however.

Ok, first things first. I can't tell if your saying Zenien's thread wasn't as bad as mine, or if you are saying that the sucks ass thread WAS mine, but if you are, I want you to click that N3 thread. Go ahead, click it. See how I spent the better part of maybe 20 posts defending it to the death? Do you really think I would have made a thread called “99N Sucks Ass”? That was Zenien's thread, not mine. Later either she, or you, or someone else changed the name, I don't know, but they are the same thread, and I had NOTHING to do with it's creation, so don't blame me for that mess. If you were saying the other thing, nevermind.

No, I was saying the name of her thread was "99N Sucks Ass!", which there wasn't a mention once of the game "sucking ass", but several of it being mediocre, so as to put off any potential "flamewars", I changed the title to something that was more appropriate and relevant to the article itself.

As for how I know for a fact, that depends. How do I know that a lot of time was put into thinking about it? I don't. How do I know that not a lot of actual thinking was put into it? Because I can see the results before me, that many could have easily predicted were they ever consulted (and don't point out that tech support thread, that's like asking why we didn't see it in the Superman products forum), and I can see that there's no way anyone could have thought everything through and still came away thinking that it was a good idea. Whatever your hidden reasons and plans are that you “can't share with us” at the moment, the fact is, this has given all the threads less exposure. It's given rise to more trolling, and don't try to pin that all on me, that's not even a quarter my fault. It's made topics we're interested in more difficult to keep track of. It's resulted in two half dead forums (Nintendo, PC) and another (Misc) that would be just as bad were it not for the spam thread. It's made the forums more of a chore to navigate, with more clicking involved to see all that we wish to see, and let's face it, with the boards less-than-great track record for speed and not randomly taking 15 minutes to load, that's a HUGE problem. There are a lot more things wrong with this than just “wah wah I don't like it wah wah”, as you seem to think. But then again, who knows, maybe someone will disagree with me and I'll be found totally without logic and sound reasoning.

Admittedly, there are some flaws with the forum split. But these were all considered and evaluated for a good spot of time before I decided that the greater good would/could prevail and decided that this would brought to Mirko, who almost immediately replied with a resounding "Yes". The tech forum thread overall, had no real bearing on my decision to bring the idea above.

I'm not pinning it all on you, but making threads like that "Sony Diet" one sure as hell isn't helping. And I know it's resulted in some dead forums, at least for the moment-that was part of my "test". To be honest, I'm shocked you haven't posted more in the PC forum, since you're one of the bigger PC gamers here. And I honestly think Nintendo's going to perk up closer to the time Wii hits the market. Misc Games is there for any multiplatform game, or for systems that are no longer being produced, such as Dreamcast.

Worst example of all time. I do mention that games I hate like Final Fantasy or Madden sell well, pretty much any time I talk about them, usually about how “idiot casual gamers continue to gobble this crap up”, with maybe a rolling eye smiley or a sad face. That probably goes into your thing about “intelligently arguing points” though. Well, Drakon, I'm sorry, but that's also wrong. I've calmly disagreed with people like Zenien or WHF or Gammy or even you on these boards many times. If the post in question calls for it, I'm as calm and civil as anyone else. But don't expect me to just ignore the fact that a post or a particular poster is ****ing ******ed. Horrorfan honestly attacked me with four different AIM accounts, told me I 'play with barbies' (I'll give you a second to get over the elementary school playground flashback), and continued to troll around even AFTER I put him on ignore, which sadly doesn't work as well as I had hoped because I can still read his awful posts in people's quotes. After all that, you honestly expect me to say “well horrorfan, despite all the evidence that you're a ****ing moron, I'm not going to call you that, and will instead calmly disagree”? I'm sorry Drakon, but I'm just some guy posting on a games message board, not a presidential candidate, I have zero reason to be that civil with someone that stupid, especially after all that, and there are multiple more examples. No, calling people names isn't a way to “intelligently argue a point”, but there comes a time, especially on this board, when you have to realize that there really is no hope of “intelligently arguing a point” with certain people and you just have to stop caring about being civil with them. That's not me being some huge flamer rulebreaker, that's me being a human being and reacting in a perfectly natural way when presented with something incredibly stupid, as MANY others, yourself included, have done before.

Okay, the financial point was bad, but that's the only thing I've ever seen you say something positive about. There's a damn good reason those games still make as much money as they do. [I can't speak about the sports games, though]. And don't say that they're simply for idiot gamers, cause I've got almost the entire Final Fantasy Collection on my PS/PS2, and you know I'm far from the "idiot gamer" line. I do weekly Tabletop sessions, I've played almost every RPG that's crossed my path since I was 12, so I don't fall into the casual/idiot RPG genre that you're refering to. Admittedly, they aren't exactly as in-depth and challenging as, say, Morrowind or Dungeons and Dragons, but they get the job done. They're more like "Gateway Drugs", for lack of a better term. Something simple and fun to start off with, with an okay-to-good story, and can kill 25-40 hours. I know you argue a lot of posts intelligently, that's why I read your stuff in the first place. And I know I've argued them in the "non-intelligent" sense myself--I'm not innocent. But at the same time, I'm calm and collected a LOT more than I am calling someone a jerkface or whatever.

I can't account for or admonish what he's done to you off this site. But if he annoys you that much, just don't pay him any attention, and he'd go away. Don't retort to his posts, because he's not going to care what you think, unless it's what he thinks. He should do the same.

Drakon said:
"Bill Gates" and "Ken Kutaragi" wasn't referring to the people themselves, but the brands they represent. Sorry about not making that more clear. I hadn't been up long when I replied to the post, so it made sense in my head.
Dude, every post I've seen is you complaining about the split, or Topdawg, or Horrorfan, or just complaining in general, unless it's in the Microsoft forum.
I'll come up with proof in a little bit. I'm eating right now, and got to answer to the rest of your post.
Even so, that's hardly a bad thing. If I legitimately like what Microsoft is doing with their product and dislike what Sony is doing with theirs (and I do), expressing that isn't trolling, that's what the forums are for. As for every post being complaining...good luck finding that proof. Like I've already said, the vast majority of my posts have been positive, in ALL the forums, not just the Microsoft one.

Drakon said:
I've already admitted that I haven't seen as much as I would have seen before I got my promotion--I've admitted fault on my part. Yes, I don't look as hard as I used to, but what I have seen is just complaining. Okay, so you don't have faith in the forum split. It's okay--that seems to be the general consensus here. But if nothing else, have faith in me and my idea. This was partially to help me better control flame wars [note--at the time, I had no idea that I was going to be boosted to admin], but I will admit, I had an ulterior motive in all of this, and quite frankly, from the attitude I've seen from several posters, it doesn't really make me want to go to another phase of my plan. And I won't tell what my plan is.
I'll have faith in you and your grand idea...but as it is implemented right now, whatever you intend the final product to be, the way it is now is less convenient and less 'civil' than it was before.

Drakon said:
I'm not pinning it all on you, but making threads like that "Sony Diet" one sure as hell isn't helping. And I know it's resulted in some dead forums, at least for the moment-that was part of my "test". To be honest, I'm shocked you haven't posted more in the PC forum, since you're one of the bigger PC gamers here. And I honestly think Nintendo's going to perk up closer to the time Wii hits the market. Misc Games is there for any multiplatform game, or for systems that are no longer being produced, such as Dreamcast.
Sony ripping into someone for doing something and then turning around and doing it themselves (Microsoft especially with Sony's various comments on the built in HDD, the size of the console, the live service, etc, and now with the PS3 having each of these things) or seeing them doing something new and stealing it (the Wiimote) is a valid issue. I'll admit that the first post probably wasn't written in a way that would get the best conversation on the topic, but it was still a valid thread IMO. As for me posting in the PC forum, I can't really afford to keep my PC up to date anymore, and aside from Civilization IV and a few older titles, I don't really play PC games anymore. I'll post more in there when more Crysis info comes out or something.

Drakon said:
I can't account for or admonish what he's done to you off this site. But if he annoys you that much, just don't pay him any attention, and he'd go away. Don't retort to his posts, because he's not going to care what you think, unless it's what he thinks. He should do the same.
I'm not asking for you to account for that, that would be stupid, I was just using that as an example because I thought it was funny that he did that, I blocked the four names he used and will continue to block them, so I mean, it's no big deal, I was just using that as an example for the real trolls here, that will follow you from thread to thread and even off of the forums, and he certainly isn't the only one. As for not replying to him, I don't, I can't, I have him on ignore, I can't even see what he's saying. Doesn't change the fact that his posts don't really warrant “civil” responses anymore, and it doesn't change the fact that he's been doing much more trolling than I have, even in the Resistance thread I wasn't as bad as him.

Manny Calavera said:
Even so, that's hardly a bad thing. If I legitimately like what Microsoft is doing with their product and dislike what Sony is doing with theirs (and I do), expressing that isn't trolling, that's what the forums are for. As for every post being complaining...good luck finding that proof. Like I've already said, the vast majority of my posts have been positive, in ALL the forums, not just the Microsoft one.

I agree that it's not a bad thing, but at the same time, your approach to it could use some improvement. Even when you're being joking, it's hard to read with you a lot of times, so you come off more heavy handed than you probably mean to.

I'll have faith in you and your grand idea...but as it is implemented right now, whatever you intend the final product to be, the way it is now is less convenient and less 'civil' than it was before.

It's not implemented yet, per se. This is just a test. A "Phase One", as it were. And yes, I know it's not really working as well as it could. But the change is still pretty fresh. A few months down the road, who knows?

Sony ripping into someone for doing something and then turning around and doing it themselves (Microsoft especially with Sony's various comments on the built in HDD, the size of the console, the live service, etc, and now with the PS3 having each of these things) or seeing them doing something new and stealing it (the Wiimote) is a valid issue. I'll admit that the first post probably wasn't written in a way that would get the best conversation on the topic, but it was still a valid thread IMO. As for me posting in the PC forum, I can't really afford to keep my PC up to date anymore, and aside from Civilization IV and a few older titles, I don't really play PC games anymore. I'll post more in there when more Crysis info comes out or something.

I agree, it WAS a valid thread, but I moved it to the Nintendo forum because that's where it was relevant. Your post wasn't exactly inviting, but it wasn't too bad, so I let it go, but I changed the name of the thread when I moved it because I didn't want it to start any more flames.

I'm not asking for you to account for that, that would be stupid, I was just using that as an example because I thought it was funny that he did that, I blocked the four names he used and will continue to block them, so I mean, it's no big deal, I was just using that as an example for the real trolls here, that will follow you from thread to thread and even off of the forums, and he certainly isn't the only one. As for not replying to him, I don't, I can't, I have him on ignore, I can't even see what he's saying. Doesn't change the fact that his posts don't really warrant “civil” responses anymore, and it doesn't change the fact that he's been doing much more trolling than I have, even in the Resistance thread I wasn't as bad as him.

All I can say is what I've been saying from day 1--report him, and don't be in the wrong. :(

Drakon said:
"I can't account for or admonish what he's done to you off this site. But if he annoys you that much, just don't pay him any attention, and he'd go away. Don't retort to his posts, because he's not going to care what you think, unless it's what he thinks. He should do the same.

Thanks for not reading my posts. I mean why would Manny lie? Its not like he's a trouble maker who's been banned a million times right? But cheers for your show of faith in me.

Horrorfan said:
Thanks for not reading my posts. I mean why would Manny lie? Its not like he's a trouble maker who's been banned a million times right? But cheers for your show of faith in me.

That wasn't meant as a mark against you, per se. It was moreso meant as a mark against reading your posts. If he ignores you, it'd be like you've gone away, as it were. And the last part was just a remark on what usually happens with arguements on this site.

You already know what I think about you.

Drakon said:
That wasn't meant as a mark against you, per se. It was moreso meant as a mark against reading your posts. If he ignores you, it'd be like you've gone away, as it were. And the last part was just a remark on what usually happens with arguements on this site.

You already know what I think about you.
Sorry, man. It just sounded like you believed what he said.

I dont know what you think of me actually :p

I was trying to clear the air with him. See, I have NOTHING against G rated games. My particular point on that thread was that Viva Pinata was primarily a marketing campaign to get kids to play 360. That doesnt mean I dont think it looks fantastic visually (it does) and it could even be kinda fun. I just think Manny was trying to misrepresent it as something groundbreaking and original when it wasn't, and I merely pointed out that for $250 million bucks, I would expect something more than a pokemon style rip off. I didnt mean it to slant the game or g rated games (I mainly said that because Manny was being annoying). I tried to explain that to him but he didn't want to listen.

Horrorfan said:
Sorry, man. It just sounded like you believed what he said.

I dont know what you think of me actually :p

I was trying to clear the air with him. See, I have NOTHING against G rated games. My particular point on that thread was that Viva Pinata was primarily a marketing campaign to get kids to play 360. That doesnt mean I dont think it looks fantastic visually (it does) and it could even be kinda fun. I just think Manny was trying to misrepresent it as something groundbreaking and original when it wasn't, and I merely pointed out that for $250 million bucks, I would expect something more than a pokemon style rip off. I didnt mean it to slant the game or g rated games (I mainly said that because Manny was being annoying). I tried to explain that to him but he didn't want to listen.

No harm. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Drakon said:
Dude, every post I've seen is you complaining about the split, or Topdawg, or Horrorfan, or just complaining in general, unless it's in the Microsoft forum...
...where he just complains of how 'repetitive' isn't a valid reason for scoring down a game. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"