World Why can't we get a good solo Superman game?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
Injustice is a step in the right direction but why can't a AAA Superman game that's open world with Superman flying around fighting crime across Metropolis exist yet? There's so much potential and yet WB seems scared to make any game that isn't Batman or an ensemble.

How would you personally make Superman playable in a solo adventure?

This next gen consoles is the perfect time for a superman game

Here's an idea. I'll leave plot and story for TPTB.

I've thought about ways in which Superman could get a good viable game. They could introduce time limits for certain missions? As well as that you could make use of the Clark Kent persona and switching back and forth? They could introduce the switching as a means for Clark to get into places Superman could not go. Like say Clark Kent the reporter has to go undercover to get intel regarding *insert bad guy here* or something. He could switch in the same way you could switch between Catwoman and Batman in Arkham City, oh and each persona has intersecting and individual missions.

As for health/life for the Clark persona he could take a certain number of blows or perform a certain amount of actions before others realise he's Superman/not normal thus compromising the identity. For example Clark takes a bullet or two and the other guy realises he's not normal/he's Superman=Game over and Start over. Oh as for how the game varies with difficulty, as levels get harder you have less and less places to change between Clark Kent and Superman.

You could also do missions where the player has to possibly choose and triage big natural disasters and super-villain attacks etc and explore the consequences arise when you choose one thing over another. Think the light/dark side or other choice-driven decisions you would make in games like Star Wars: KOTOR or SWTOR.

Basically what I'm trying to say is we need a game which really takes us into a day in the life of Clark Kent/Superman just like how the Arkham games make us get into Batman's mindset. Superman makes life and death decisions and deals with consequences every day, we incorporate that. Clark Kent has to struggle to keep up a disguise and act, let's incorporate that.

If there's a will, there's a way.

There is no reason why we can't get a good Superman game, but we don't because inevitably controls, graphics or story/gameplay is always stupid.

My favorite Superman game is

Superman_%281992%29_Coverart.png

Here's an idea. I'll leave plot and story for TPTB.

You could also do missions where the player has to possibly choose and triage big natural disasters and super-villain attacks etc and explore the consequences arise when you choose one thing over another. Think the light/dark side or other choice-driven decisions you would make in games like Star Wars: KOTOR or SWTOR.

If there's a will, there's a way.

I like the idea of it being much like the upcoming game Watchdogs. A living city in which everyone is unique and has their own story and lives. If you were to make a good Superman game, it would have to incorporate civilian attitude and feelings towards Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"