Sequels Why do people like Brainiac?

Of all supes villains all that are left that are credible are Braniac and Darkseid. Brainiac is cold calculating and has the ability to produce some great fight scenes with supes (think gigantic killer robots). Darkseid is imo the best villain in DC he is basically a god who cant be killed (beaten but not killed outright) he is a genius and can match superman physically when he lowers himself to fisticuffs. The JLU darkseid was amazing i loved his flat unemotionless voice (micheal ironside) the part in the series finale when he says supermans valour has touched his heart so im going to cut out your heart and put it on a pole in my throneroom was amazing. Put that darkseid straight into a movie Singer now!.

The same could be said for Braniac; although, that doesn't answer my question.

not really. brainiac is cool, long existing character that many stories could be told with.
doomsday is something they threw in just to kill superman in the death of storyline. he's a one dimensional monster that only exists because they wanted something big and scary to kill superman.

Brainiac would be cool. But, personally including Donner film, I think there has been too much familiarity with all things Krytonian already. I want something fresh and new. I think Parasite would be a really good pick for the next movie. His back story could be very human and interesting, but best of all, as a villian he would be a new perfect threat since he could essentially turn Superman's powers against him. The film could play with that idea tons of way with Superman's own fear about his powers hurting everyone who seems so fragile.

Metallo would be a good choice too because Singer could use technology as a means for villians to "catch up" with Superman, which could also involve Lex. Kryptonite is played out even in the movies.

Im excited to see any new villain as far as I am concerned whether its Brainiac,Darkseid ,Parasite, or Bizarro.Does not matter.

no way will they go against the brainiac/krypton connection. The STAS Brainiac helped make him much more liked. On Justice League, he showed serious abilities when he fused with Luthor. Think about it... a computer program that chose not to save krypton.... but was created by jor-el. plus he can be strong. he doesn't want to rule the planet, just absorb info and destroy it.

I hope they DO go with the Brainiac/Krypton connection. I makes for a more close-to-home storyline, and as far as Brainiac and Lex goes, that was just a ripoff of Ratner's Superman Flyby script.

Sketches of Brainiac and Bizarro by: NAAM from The Planet Forum

407734251_bd926f6a9b_b.jpg

407734816_a574412958_b.jpg

Darkseid gets \S/sDNA, not bizo. He has an implant somewhere in his body. Brainiac means new scenes on Krypton.

SR has hinted at Brainiac. Remember, astronomers thought they found Krypton but when Superman went he found nothing there. Maybe what they found was Brainiac's ship, so it was gone by the time Superman got there. Now, with New Krypton floating around, Brainiac gets his hands on that as well.

no, a deleted scene of SR was of Luthor explaining how he set him up to leave...

for me, it was goes back to the beginning of STAS... I knew of Brainiac, but when they came up with the interpretation of him being from Krypton, that blew my mind as a kid...

I read a post in another thread that Brainiac will form out of the crystals left on New Kyrpton. I think that would be a pretty good way to bring him in.
What was there at the beginning of SR 'cause i dont see it?

People like Brainiac and Metallo because of TAS. Simple.

People like Brainiac and Metallo because of TAS. Simple.

Yep, that's pretty much where all the backstories for all of the interpretations of Superman villains. It's the only piece of the media where Superman actually has a decent modern interpretation.

I can see why someone would want Doomsday in the next film, though he is kind of flatly drawn as a monster, but Brainiac? He is leading the poll on the front page last I checked.

Why do people like this character? I just see another bald guy.

I'm curious, I want to know why people like this character. I find nothing interesting about any interpretation I have seen.

I offer my view on it. I want ALL I CAN GET from the latest Superman franchise. I really DONT like the bald Brainiac. I prefer something similar to the Animated one or even the robotic version. I dont like the idea of Brainiac being "so human". His "Inhumanity" is what makes him so appealing.

The main reason I would like to see him is that, you get BOTH, Superman having to use his BRAIN as well as his BRAWN. Also, knowing Luthor will be there, we tend to want Superman to "Flex his muscles" a bit.

I would GLADLY take a movie with a "so so" storyline IF it has A LOT of SUPERMAN DOING THINGS. I enjoy the Return but it was really WEAK in the lack of a fight scene and ACTION.

not really. brainiac is cool, long existing character that many stories could be told with.
doomsday is something they threw in just to kill superman in the death of storyline. he's a one dimensional monster that only exists because they wanted something big and scary to kill superman.

THAT is a VERY good point. Though I think of DOOMSDAY as more than "just a one dimentional monster" You are absolutely correct in your assessment of his purpose.

And he works so well in the DOS story because, to kill Superman, it's unimaginable that a being could do it by pushing Superman to the very limits of what he does best.

He's a smart guy, maybe slightly more intelligent than a professional in the work force but just below genius. All he has seen, alone, would have to make him smarter than average.

He's FAST and ONLY a few, in the DCU/MU are faster. He is capable of many things. However ONLY a few can "Kick ash" as well as he can. IT's THAT simple.

You might beat him with SOME kind of energy or magic. And it can CERTAINLY be done with Kryptonite. However, NO ONE (in the DCU/MU...........I dont include Indy cuz they suck), can ever lay claim to simply "Kicking the living Crap" out of Superman.

DOOMSDAY is the ONLY one who could actually BEAT the daylights out of Superman. STILL, it was Superman's BRAVERY, and ALL the STUFF that REALLY makes him SUPERMAN, that stopped DOOMSDAY.

ONLY a few things would have made that story better. One, They should have used only ONE artist for the story. I would have taken the one who drew the last part of the story, where he actually dies.

One other thing I would change is the "double punch" ending. I would have Superman landing the last punch. DOOMSDAY FINALLY FALLS, (still face first). Superman staggers to his feet, glassy eyed. Lois rushes to him as he falls to one knee (I guess if we MUST have her so close). He utters the same line......"Doomsday......is he.........is he......." as he falls, first in a fetal position, then on his back.

One other thing. I would never have Lois so close. That scene where Superman blasts DOOMSDAY with his heat vision SO INTENSE that DOOMSDAY is sent into a building, ANYTHING that could do that to DOOMSDAY would SURELY be harmful to Lois if she were standing so close. SHE should have been fried.

Last thing I would change is that I would have had a few more "REAL" JL members attend. It only amplifies the magnitude of Superman's sacrifice. I understand not having Batman present but, maybe another GL and I would have had Jonn "be himself", not the character Bloodwyn, who no one knew.

no, a deleted scene of SR was of Luthor explaining how he set him up to leave...

Very nice but I dont see what this has to do with Superman Returns. I do have one, unrelated, question...............

Where are these two scenes from:

Kirk sitting in the captain's chair and Sisko standing there talking to him.

Spock meets Picard

I would like to see those.

Any help would be appreciated

Dude, what is it you are talking about? Post it and let everyone have a go at it! :)

It was Brainiac who sent the signal to Superman, as Superman flew around Krypton, Brainiac manifested himself into Superman's ship. Now Brainiac is on earth, he wants to cover earth with his Kryptonian technology so that he can control the planet.

I always felt that Brainiac was opposite to Superman.. its like brains vs brawn.. but brawn always wins in this case =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"