The Flash Why do they continually make barry such a milksop

Shazam

Sidekick
Reaction score
Good grief.....even when he's got the upper hand he won't press it!!

I'm yelling at the TV ..."WHY ARE YOU STANDING THERE TALKING TO ZOOM??" He shoulda knocked him out with dozen punches.... and had him in cell. But instead he's trying to reason with him??? This serial killer who broke his back???

Even my 10 year old was like "Zoom is gonna power up again....he's buying time."............. and he did. AND he kidnaps Wally......and NOW he's got the speed......

Not to mention that is really doesnt matter about Barry getting faster.... he gets his butt kicked by men and women villains on a regular. He's 110 lbs soaking wet....... can he pack on some muscle for crying out loud? Actors do that all the time.....

That particularly annoyed me. Especially as he only had used a single restraint and had seen Zoom vibrate through materials. I don't get why they haven't revisited that slow-down drug, it didn't affect Zoom in the tiny time span before he ran away but it did affect Barry for a short time. If anything a higher dose should have been an additional safety measure.

I was half excepting the speed vial to be laced with a sedative or nanomachines or something else given how easily they went along with that plan. Obviously Zoom was never going to be defeated this far before the finale but it would have been nice to see their plan not totally fail. At least shove a GPS tracker in with the speed force so you can track the maniac, though that has its own set of problems.

I'm not bothered by Grant's physique in the slightest though.

Good grief.....even when he's got the upper hand he won't press it!!

I'm yelling at the TV ..."WHY ARE YOU STANDING THERE TALKING TO ZOOM??" He shoulda knocked him out with dozen punches.... and had him in cell. But instead he's trying to reason with him??? This serial killer who broke his back???

Even my 10 year old was like "Zoom is gonna power up again....he's buying time."............. and he did. AND he kidnaps Wally......and NOW he's got the speed......

Not to mention that is really doesnt matter about Barry getting faster.... he gets his butt kicked by men and women villains on a regular. He's 110 lbs soaking wet....... can he pack on some muscle for crying out loud? Actors do that all the time.....

Barry was immobilized by a similar device, so it stands to reason that he didn't know Zoom could free himself. Zoom seems to have a greater knowledge of the speed force than Barry or his team.

I have to disagree about Grant's physique. I've raised the same objections to Topher Grace as Venom and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, but those were characters for whom strength and stature are essential elements. The Flash is a character whose powers are based on speed and elusiveness. Grant is built like a distance runner, so it would serve no purpose for him to bulk up.

Why do they continually make barry such a milksop

Because if he solved every issue immediately, the season would last an episode.

In this case, it didn't bother me too much. As a viewer it was pretty obvious Zoom was going to get free, but to Barry, it had certainly seemed like he had won. Barry constantly makes the mistake of thinking the same rules apply to his villains as do to him. Whether it be morally, or physically.

This actually makes him a strong character.

I could deal with that. But, when they are just all hanging around for Wells to create a way to take Barry's speed. He could have injected him with something to kill or incapacitate him.

I just didn't like the fact that he was now as fast or faster than zoom but didnt really fight him. Just kinda ran away from him in order to trap him.

We kind of saw what happened to Barry when he had equal speed to Zoom, in the freefall fight earlier in the season. He got creamed. I think he did not want to test whether more speed was enough to make up for Zoom's physical superiority.

When did he have equal speed to Zoom earlier in the season?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"