BOUGHT/THOUGHT Thread for 6/14/06: SPOILERS Inside!

Can we PLEASE get back on topic about the bought/thought for this week instead of this bizarre tangent about religion?

BrianWilly said:
No one made the Vatican obsessively condemn homosexuality and evolution in schools and Harry Potter and the Da Vinci Code either...that's not the media manipulating or depicting them horribly, that's what they choose to do. I'm not saying thats what the whole religion is like, but you can't blame the media for reporting the news, and stuff that people actually do.
quote]

There's a HUGE difference in condeming something vocally (movies including) and killing someone over some drawings and blowing up your neighbour because they are not sunni,

So basically, your equating condeming a practice and movies you dont agree with vocally over killing innocent people over drawings?:confused:

Not to mention a religion who's main prophet slept with and impregenated his wife at nine years old?:confused:

And also, we are talking about recently.....recently, Islam has done a lot worse things in it's name that christianity, on the whole, to be villified for.

All religions are equally as bad, I agree with that, but again, if you're going to start saying how one is so terrible, you can't ignore current events because it shows that the religion you villify is probably the lesser of two evils.

Shadowknight said:
Can we PLEASE get back on topic about the bought/thought for this week instead of this bizarre tangent about religion?

My bad...didn't mean to go off on a tangent, I just thought it was a valid point.

Did the Two Gun Kid one-shot come out, if so, my comic book guy just got a new *******.

That reminds me, wizard also mentioned that Giant Size Hulk with reprint a classic Hulk tale, as well as Hulk: The End. it's due in June so I hope to pick that up since I dig the end titles.

Darthphere said:
Did the Two Gun Kid one-shot come out, if so, my comic book guy just got a new *******.
Yup. Picked it up on Thursday. Ties into She-Hulk #11, whenever that comes out. Pretty good western tale by Slott. Haven't bothered reading the other 2 stories yet.

Why must people try to steer a thread back on track that was slow before the tangent? If you have something "Bought/Thought" related to say, just say it. I think it was a valid tangent anyway.

Marvel has no Pentecostal heroes :( They'd be a lot more lively than all the catholic ones!

I think Doom's next plan should be to start up a crazy religion about alien spirits and evil spirits colliding. The system would be tax free (to make huge profits ), make women give birth in silence (to ensure stronger kids) and brainwash lil midgets called Tom for his personal army that will assault humankind so Doom may enslave them.

Doom shall call it: SCIENTOLO....oh wait :(

Yeah..I think all organized religion is bull****, but that one takes th' cake right there.

simple question - y put the review up of a DC comic on a marvel board? just askin'

oh and anybody read Walking Dead (i collect the tpbs) or Powers? Guess it depends what you think of Kirkman and Bendis but i highly recommend them. And Powers IS marvel icon... I'd also recommend Hunter Killer if Waid and Silvestri werent screwin it up.

MyPokerShirt said:
simple question - y put the review up of a DC comic on a marvel board? just askin'

oh and anybody read Walking Dead (i collect the tpbs) or Powers? Guess it depends what you think of Kirkman and Bendis but i highly recommend them. And Powers IS marvel icon... I'd also recommend Hunter Killer if Waid and Silvestri werent screwin it up.

This is basically a general comics forum.
Believe it or not, the bought/thought threads were posted in the Spider-Man comic boards several years ago; they migrated here fairly recently. :o

Technically, I suppose they should be in Misc. Same with the shipping lists really.

But it doesn't really matter.

I think it's 'cause Marvel has th' highest volume of posters, so it makes more sense to be here.

MyPokerShirt said:

I love walking dead :up: (trades only).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"