Why do you hate the patriots?

braincrusher

More than meets my eye
Reaction score
I am from mass so obvious bias here but i dont get the hatred. Brady is a true class act, charitable guy who owns his mistakes. Sure he does some ads but he is a winner and a walking legend. Wants to play until the pats dont want him. The coach is icy but who really cares with a winning percentage well over .700. There are few big names , mostly patchwork units who just play hard. No whining, no egos. If you hate the fans then i understand as there are a lot of fairweather pinkhats but thats not the teams fault. Honestly why do you hate?

I don't really hate the Patriots, I just think their coach is a d-bag. I respect Brady but as a NYG fan, it's fun to pick on him.

I don't really follow American football to a great extent, but it's perfectly acceptable to hate a team because of its fans. That's why I hate the Montreal Canadiens. :down

From what I understand people hate because of Spygate. Also because they think the Patriots are fake classy. They don't talk and just play the game. But people think they're arrogant about it.

The Patriots are my team! And I'm surrounded by haters. They never can give me a good reason they just say "Idk I just do" or "because". Spygate gets brought up occassionally but the Patriots now have asterisks besides their records for that season so I think that is a poor argument for hating them. Too me spygate was no more crooked than paying players bonuses to purposefully injure specific players on the opposing team. That is to say both acts are crooked and people have been punished for both acts. Success brings out the haters and the Patriots have always been a rrallying point for the haters.

you'll find that when people have discovered a winning combination haters will come out of the woodwork.
Spygate, Bounty programs...there is a lot of d-bag activities in the NFL so hating one team because they got caught is silly. I can guarantee N.E. wasn't the only team filming practices and that N.O. wasn't the only team paying to hurt players.

Patriot hate predated Spygate. Excluding Bill Belichick (who's pretty easy to hate), there's one real reason people hated the Patriots: domination. They were "too" successful, which draws out the hate.

I am from mass so obvious bias here but i dont get the hatred. Brady is a true class act, charitable guy who owns his mistakes. Sure he does some ads but he is a winner and a walking legend. Wants to play until the pats dont want him. The coach is icy but who really cares with a winning percentage well over .700. There are few big names , mostly patchwork units who just play hard. No whining, no egos. If you hate the fans then i understand as there are a lot of fairweather pinkhats but thats not the teams fault. Honestly why do you hate?

They molested me when I was little.

And I don't necessarily condemn hating a team for being successful, mind you. Hell, I've been a victim of it. If another team is dominating a sport, it diminishes your team's chances of winning. Maybe hate is an overly strong reaction, but isn't that what sports are for? Hate is as essential to fandom as adoration, IMO.

I've been known to hate on the Yankees for being overly successful at times but I try to keep it non personal and remember that in any sport you will have very successful teams. Its not their fault they know how to work the system.

I have a friend who hates Brady because he's in UGGs commercials

No offense but your friend is a dumbass.

Honestly I wouldn't care if he slapped his grandma. The man is a hell of a quarterback, and i come to watch good football not get hung up on his personal life. What he and other athletes do off the field i try to ignore. After a while the money and fame goes to the head of all of them. Unless we are talking about Tim Tebow the only begotten son of god to hear the media tell it.

Last edited:
The Fans.

Prior to 2001, Patriot fans were nowhere to be seen, it was pretty much a Red Sox town.

I personally started disliking the Patriots, when a "Yankees" chant broke out after their first Super Bowl win. Yes, a baseball chant during a celebration of a football victory.

But in the end, teams can be disliked for the following reasons:

A) Divisional/Town Rivals (Steelers-Ravens, Giants-Jets)
B) Obnoxious Fans (Philadelphia, New York)
C) Hated players (Lebron, Vick, Roethlisberger)
D) Too Much Winning (Yankees, Patriots, Lakers)

I'm sure after winning 3 Super Bowls, no one outside of the New England area wanted to see the Patriots win their 4th.

Other reasons, Bellichick is just a smug ass in most of his interviews. Maybe he does this on purpose. "We made some plays. They made some plays. But their plays were just a little more playier."

Reasons:
1. Fans
2. Belichick's demeanor and sleeveless sweat shirts rub me the wrong way.
3. The perceived excessive media love.
4. I'm a Dolphin fan.

They win, and besides a few teams most fans are used to licking their wounds after Brady and Belichick roll through town.

When I used to root for the Jets, I despise Patriots strongly, particularly against their arrogant coach and their fanbase. Although I'm not a Jets fan anymore, I still don't like the team out of habit, although I have a ton of respect for Tom Brady.

Wait, how are you no longer a Jets fan. You go home with the date you brought!!!

bradyoface.jpg

...He really would to :woot:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"