Why do you hate the patriots?

The Patriots are my team! And I'm surrounded by haters. They never can give me a good reason they just say "Idk I just do" or "because". Spygate gets brought up occassionally but the Patriots now have asterisks besides their records for that season so I think that is a poor argument for hating them. Too me spygate was no more crooked than paying players bonuses to purposefully injure specific players on the opposing team. That is to say both acts are crooked and people have been punished for both acts. Success brings out the haters and the Patriots have always been a rrallying point for the haters.

Sore losers....I still remember when the Colts beat them in Foxboro and Bella Cheat wouldn't shake Tony Dungy's hand!

Running up scores 72-9 ...poor sportsmanship

And just because other teams may cheat, its still wrong. And when those other teams get caught, we'll call them on it too.

I used to hate the Patriots years ago, but now, I usually root for them in every game they play.

I hate when people shout poor sportmanship when the score is run up too. When it's your job, you should play better to not get embarrassed.

I agree. I never found it a problem of poor sportsmanship...especially if it was my team.

I hate when people shout poor sportmanship when the score is run up too. When it's your job, you should play better to not get embarrassed.

Jimmy Johnson said it best when he was at the U of Miami.

"It's not my job to stop our offense."

I'm a Ravens fan and now that they gave Tebow the shot he deserves I'm gonna root for them on the side as long as they are not playing the Ravens.

Between the Dallas Demon Spawns and the Baltimore Fecal Birds, my loathing docket is full. But I can understand why people hate NE after Spygate. That was a blight on the game, and another proof that the NFL can't properly police itself.

My thing about Spygate is that even though it was some shiesty ass s***, the Patriots have been Super Bowl contenders on a consistent basis ever since. They can only be credited ever so much.

Patriots fan here. Where would you guys rank us among the league's most hated?

I still say the Cowboys are the most hated team. If you're including fanbases, then Philadelphia Eagles fans definitely take the cake by a mile.

The fact that anyone would even associate with a turd like Rush--regardless of political ideologies--makes me want to throw up.

Most of Rush's schtick, like most of those personalities, are just an act.

Yes, but there's still no reason to go for a TD when you're up by 35 with less than 2:00 to go in the game.

Most of Rush's schtick, like most of those personalities, are just an act.

Yes, but there's still no reason to go for a TD when you're up by 35 with less than 2:00 to go in the game.

if you can score...then score. Some players have certain conditions built into their contracts to gain a bonus for certain number of touchdowns thrown, or certain number of yards rushed a game, or certain number of passes caught.

Well, there's the Patriot way that needlessly runs up the score on opponents and pads their stats, or there's the Peyton Manning way that kneels on the ball inside the 10 yard line, knowing that 1 more TD pass will break the single season record because he wants to break the record "through the natural flow of the game" and not by artificially padding stats.

One of those I respect. The other, I don't.

Up big in the final minutes, another TD is not going to change the outcome of the game. It's just classless at that point to run up the score.

I dont hate them I do like them, I like them a hell of a lot better than the other teams (Bengals,Browns,Cowboys,Steelers), what I hate is this idea that ESPN think that they the best.

Winning tends to make fans insufferable.

Well, there's the Patriot way that needlessly runs up the score on opponents and pads their stats, or there's the Peyton Manning way that kneels on the ball inside the 10 yard line, knowing that 1 more TD pass will break the single season record because he wants to break the record "through the natural flow of the game" and not by artificially padding stats.

One of those I respect. The other, I don't.

Up big in the final minutes, another TD is not going to change the outcome of the game. It's just classless at that point to run up the score.

that makes no sense

If my team ran the score up, I would not be complaining. These people are getting paid so much money to be on that field. Play like it. Nobody has to give others mercy.

I am assuming you are a Titans fan. Look at it this way. That team was a trainwreck at 0-6 at that time. You remember what happened after they got blown out? They won 8 of their last 10 games. Belichick and his stormtroopers did them a favor.

If my team ran the score up, I would not be complaining. These people are getting paid so much money to be on that field. Play like it. Nobody has to give others mercy.

I agree. You are payed to play football. Don't cry when you lose and the other team keeps playing. Maybe they should just take to the little league rules and just stop the game to keep people from having hurt feelings.

I had no problem with the Patriots running up the score. If teams didn't like, then maybe they should have played defense.

I got no problem with teams running up the score either,but they should bench their players at a certain point to avoid risking any possible injury (think Wes Welker got injured because of this?)

You get millions to play a game...you go hard until you hear a whistle

I had no problem with the Patriots running up the score. If teams didn't like, then maybe they should have played defense.

Agreed.

I got no problem with teams running up the score either,but they should bench their players at a certain point to avoid risking any possible injury (think Wes Welker got injured because of this?)

I do agree with this though, at some point you should put in backups to prevent injuries.

It's an organization permeated by disgusting arrogance, filled with hatable players and coaches who claim to be holier than thou while acting completely classless. If you're going to be a bunch of d-bags, okay. But you're gonna sit there and tell us you do things differently, that you're held to a higher standard? Give me a break.

Their fans might be even worse.

F the Pats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"