Supergirl Why doesn't Superman help Supergirl with the really big problems?

In the latest sneak peek video (Myriad #4) I notice they have Superman racing to help Supergirl, only to be knocked unconcious. Great, so all we need to do is find a way to knock him out every single time there's a major storyline, and we have ourselves a workable solution. :yay:

[YT]jaHIFEQtTTQ[/YT]

R5

If they are going to keep playing the Superman card I think they should do a Charlies Angels on it. Get Tom Welling to voice. Have him communicate and strategize with Kara via voicemail.

I actually like how they handle Superman, in this show he's a legend. every character speaks of him with respect and reverence. he's an unseen icon as opposed to the broody reluctant vigilante currently in movie theaters

It was great that he showed up to help but it was really unnecessary given that they already explained why he wasn't there. I didn't see the need to bring him in after that, now they're gonna have to do the whole Clark has returned to Metroplolis chit chat at the end of episode 20 given we know he has no been effected by myriad.

Unless they have done some secret casting and he's actually going to appear at the end of the episode 20 maybe setting him up for a full on appearance in season two. Probably not but a man can hope.

I actually like how they handle Superman, in this show he's a legend. every character speaks of him with respect and reverence. he's an unseen icon as opposed to the broody reluctant vigilante currently in movie theaters

Totally agree...

Totally agree...

He's a blur here too:
e4cb9c5757d881201db93be718c53f9c.jpg

If they're not going to show Superman in person, we could still hear his voice if Kara calls him or something. Maybe they can get Tim Daly or George Newbern to voice him.

Why doesn't Superman help Supergirl? The same reason Batman didn't show up every time Jim Gordon flashed the Bat Signal in The Dark Knight. Because Hopefully, he's busy.

If they're not going to show Superman in person, we could still hear his voice if Kara calls him or something. Maybe they can get Tim Daly or George Newbern to voice him.

That would be cool...

Why doesn't Superman help Supergirl? The same reason Batman didn't show up every time Jim Gordon flashed the Bat Signal in The Dark Knight. Because Hopefully, he's busy.

What if Batman never showed up whenever Jim Gordon flashed the Bat Signal..?

R5

You know, I actually liked the fact that the last episode actually gave an on-screen reason on why Superman doesn't drop by to help more often..with it being a mixture between him having his own duties off planet and respecting Kara's wishes for her to grow as a hero outside of his shadow.

But I wish that the show would have done a better job in portraying their relationship. The season finale really did a piss poor job in doing that. You'd think that Kara should at least be shown being worried or concern over the fact that her cousin hasn't still recovered from the Myriad wave, let alone her at least telling someone to tell an final word of some sort to him when she thought that she was going to die fighting Non and Indigo on her own.

Despite being the only living blood relative that she has left who hasn't tried to kill her, they couldn't be more strangers to each other if they tried.

Sure it would be cool i f somebody like Tim daly voiced Superman,But i want the whole deal,
an actual Man of Steel.
But it is tricky.
It's Supergirl's show and I want it to remain that way.

What if Batman never showed up whenever Jim Gordon flashed the Bat Signal..?

R5
But Superman does show up when Kara asks. He showed up when she was in trouble, and with Myriad. Just because we the viewers can't see his face doesn't mean he's not there.

But I wish that the show would have done a better job in portraying their relationship. The season finale really did a piss poor job in doing that. You'd think that Kara should at least be shown being worried or concern over the fact that her cousin hasn't still recovered from the Myriad wave, let alone her at least telling someone to tell an final word of some sort to him when she thought that she was going to die fighting Non and Indigo on her own.

Despite being the only living blood relative that she has left who hasn't tried to kill her, they couldn't be more strangers to each other if they tried.

This is a valid Superman complaint.

you know, I forgot he was even there in the finale. They really downplayed it and dropped the ball

the truth is superman doesnt need to be showing but the way the show has handled imo has been slightly poor.

The instant messages i thought were a bad idea. he could at least call her. Shes following his example, why would he just be sending messages through jimmy only.

Another thing he should have brought her to the fortress of solitude not jimmy. that just felt wrong to me.

He should have showed her proper flight Technics not MM.

Those are the only three moment i feel he should have shown up in the show. For the finale and the myriad thing, they could have just said then the krptonians sent some guys to keep him busy in metropolis. no need for him to show up and be knocked out because of nature vs nurture bull crap

I like the IMs, a nice social media touch.

Superman tried to bring her to the Fortress of Solitude but as Kara told James, she always said no because she was afraid it would make her home sick for home...

At the point she was learning, Superman man had far more important things to be doing, and MM being right there why not have him teach her. Besides, she pretty much had it down anyway.

IMO, they should have not brought him up AS MUCH, as they did. But having brought him up a few times would have been fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"