Why is there no discussion on Batman '66

Travis K

Civilian
Reaction score
The Batman film from 66 was great. It had amazing costumes and awesome Bat-vehicles.

The scene where a shark is hanging from Batman's leg and he is punching it is classic.

The Batman film from 66 was great. It had amazing costumes and awesome Bat-vehicles.

The scene where a shark is hanging from Batman's leg and he is punching it is classic.

As it doesn't treat the source material completely seriously, many young Batman fans have disowned it. Little realising, of course, that is is by far the most faithful comicbook adaption ever. Pick up the book Showcase Presents Batman, and you'll find no difference at all between the comic and the movie/TV show.

Adam West's Bruce Wayne is also the greatest ever, looks and behaves exactly like the comic version.

10103848.jpg

039_45746.jpg

west2.jpg

Cesar Romero is also the best Joker ever, he is exactly like the comic version.

11801046.jpg

Travis K said:
Why is there no discussion on Batman '66

Well what the **** is there to discuss?

(apart from the shark I mean. someone get that gif up here.)

The shark was rubber and this version of Batman is not very good.

I love the '66 batman movie. I own the DVD (the commentary by Adam West and Burt Ward is hilarious!) :up:

****, now I weant to have it just to hear them talking about it.

The shark was rubber and this version of Batman is not very good.

It's not supposed to be a great version of Batman. It's supposed to be the greatest piece of camp ever, which it is.

Of course, the part where I'm supposed to love it is what's missing for me.

Loooooooooove this movie. I was always a big fan of the 60's show.

The Penguin and Catwoman stole this movie. Meriwether was a great Catwoman. And her and scenes with Bruce Wayne were really great.

The 60s series and movie was my first exposure to Batman (Yes, even before B89), and being only 3 in '89, that's quite a feat that it made me a fan.

I think its because the majority of people on the Batman boards are a younger generation. Hell, alot weren't even old enought to experience 89 or Returns. I dont mean this in any insulting way, but there just seems to be a lack of appreciation for the pre 80's history of Batman. We all talk about the bat hype of 89, but remember, there was an equal, if not greater, hype in the 60's. And it was all due to the West TV show. Also, as stated previously, the 60's series has been the most accurate to the comics of the time. Personally, Im not a big fan of the show or the movie, even tho it was one of my first introductions to the character, but I understand its place in Bat history and I respect it for what it did.

I've always been a fan of the TV show and movie. As a kid I thought it was a spoof or something. Then, I realized that it was actually pretty faithful to the comics of the `50s and `60s. Either way I like it. People will say, "but you hate Batman & Robin." And I'll reply, "I don't hate Batman & Robin because it's campy. I hate it because it's stupid." The `60s Batman was campy, but it was fun and highly entertaining.

Here's some cool Batman `66 videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dRF8ctPBeM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0UJaprpxrk

I remember one episode of the old batman show they got "Two Bat-burgers to go". lol I have a bunch of episodes on tape.

The movie is very enjoyable in particuler Frank Gorshin aas Riddler he has a certain darkness to his performance of the character that still stands out today.

I LOVE the 60's series. Too bad it's not on DVD{besides the movie of course}:csad:

It's all because of the licensing issues between Warner Home Video and Fox or something that is keeping it from being released on DVD.

I don't think I'd want the whole show on DVD. A little goes a long way.

I have seasons one and two taped from TV Land and various other channels. I didn't tape any of the third season episodes though because those were the worst of the series (like the one where the Joker is buidling a spaceship to escape from prison).

No, but the '66 movie is on Fox Movie Channel sometimes though.

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"