Why is there no discussion on Batman '66

bat_wallpaper_014.jpg

This show got me 'into' Batman. It's classic, it's cool. It's undeniably Batman.

Batman 1989 is what really got me into Batman back during my youth, but Batman '66 is cool with me as well. I always liked the 60's Batman show. It definately worked for what it set out to do. And I still find the show entertaining in that respect. :up:

who could ever forget
the Ultimate Fight scene

THE SUBMARINE SHOWDOWN
kickass :woot: :woot: :woot:

This movie (and the show) was,is and always will be GREAT. Anyone who dosent like it or appreciate it is really missing out on some super stuff. Its just fun and should be veiwed as such. We got so many great performancs from some real great actors and we fans should be thankful that batman was as popular back then as it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso
The shark was rubber and this version of Batman is not very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso
Of course, the part where I'm supposed to love it is what's missing for me.

Listen pal, you're being a complete idiot. :cmad: I saw the movie recently and it's quite a fine piece of bizarre, very enjoyable if you're tuned with it.Today 08:55 PM

El Payaso...your great lol

I LOVE the "some days you just cant get rid of a bomb" gag and when I met West back i naugust I got him to sign a pic of him from this scene, bomb raised high and a crazy face..he looks like a madman in the pic lmao

The movie and the show is brilliant.

And every day a young and new Batman fan (who likes teh gritty and teh paranoid and teh brutal) feels "insulted" of this portrayal of his favourite character brings a smile to my face. :joker:

I watched the show religiously as a kid back when they aired reruns on the Sci-Fi channel in a 2 hour block along with "Wonder Woman," "Green Hornet" and "The Flash."

Adam had the right balance of charisma and humor that works for the Batman of that period, given the books (though as Frank will attest the show's campier than the comics were, even back then)

But I loved it as a kid and I couldn't get enough.

The villains, to date, were portrayed most faithful in the show, followed closely by the early FOX TAS.

And above all you can tell that everyone involved had a lot of fun making this show. To disregard it, I think, means that you're not a true Batman fan. BC a true fan has the ability to embrace every interpretation of the character.

Whether it's the 60s show, the Burton films...even "Batman & Robin" YES even "Batman & Robin"

But yeah the 60s show and film were great fun, and they bring out the bright and colorful world that comic books can be. I loved it, and I do wish they'd release the series to DVD.

CFE

It was on the UK's channel5 two days ago, I didnt notice and happened to flick on just as B&R were climbing up Ye Olde Benbow Tavern, ie just in time for the bomb scene, great great stuff, love it. I lent someone my dvd of the film 3and a half years ago and havent got it back yet so I wouldve liked to have seen all the stuff with Bruce going on the date with Miss Kit Carr which is a riot. I gotta say, despite all the obvious stunt doubles for the Riddler etc I get a total thrill out of the villans confronting Bruce Wayne and him giving them a good fight which they didnt expect. Both fights between BW and the villans are great. As are the flying umbrellas the villans travel on.
It was the 66 show that got me into Batman, it was repeated in the late 70's on UK tv every Saturday morning and i used to go ape***** for it. My older brother and sister had some Batman comics still lying around too(not many tho as my parenst used to throw them out, a practice i soon put a stop to.)

Oh yeah, the opening credits of the 66film are phenomenal, LOVE the music(good music all the way thru the flick too.)

Adam had the right balance of charisma and humor that works for the Batman of that period, given the books (though as Frank will attest the show's campier than the comics were, even back then)

There were not "campy" Batman comics. There were light-hearted, funny, bright, colorful or/and crazy Batman comics but they were actually played straight.

I never said they were...I was reflecting on Miller's comments from the "Legends of the Dark Knight" documentary.

I'm well aware of the straight faced attitude Julius Schwarz kept in the comics before and in spite of the television show.

CFE

Anyone got pics of Vincent Price as Egghead? lol

Just found these small ones.

Egghead_batman.jpg

Egghead.jpg

Anyone know of a site where I could find episodes of the show for viewing?

I'm also one who thought the movie was greatly superior to the series. Though I still love the series and hope that Fox and WB could finally come to some damn type of agreement on that matter. I want it on DVD so bad. With this movie the fight scenes with against the rogues are amongst my favorite in any live action Batman film. "You.....CRIMINALS!", "I'll kill you all" West's line delivery was second only to Shatner. Oh and the United Nations scene owns both in a satirical sense and based on strict entertainment value.

anybody gotta clip from TAS "Legends of the Dark Knight" where they have the homage to this series and Dick Sprang?

There were not "campy" Batman comics. There were light-hearted, funny, bright, colorful or/and crazy Batman comics but they were actually played straight.

Only about 10% of people seem to understand what camp is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"