Why no Hockey games for Wii?

Playing as a goalie in a certain game mode could kick so much ass :up::up:

They could make a great hockey game with the Wii Fit board, along with nun chuck and remote.

Mario isn't to good In Ice....don't you remember sliding all over the place in the ice Stages?

Anyway, it'll prolly never happen....Though it would be awesome....

The idea remings me of two things...first is a TNMT Table Hockey game I saw once when i was a kid, featureing Ninja Turtle characters as the players...

The Second is an old game for the NES simply titled Ice Hockey....you got to choose three guys (From either normal, Skinny or fat) Eash had different attributes.....anyway it was three on three plus goalies.

I could see Mario Hockey being pretty cool....pick your players from all of the usual Mario guys...each with different skill sets.....

But as I said it wont happen....Hockey just isn't a big enough draw in the US and Japan...

The NES game I believe is on the Virtual Console.

Mario Strikers meets hockey would be an amazingly fun game.

Maybe if they do a Mario & Sonic Olympic Winter Games video game in 2009 we could see some Mario hockey.

There is a hockey game coming to the Wii this December!!

But you're not going to like it...

943139_95670_front.jpg

Kidz Sports Ice Hockey Company Line
Company Line -- This Content Was Not Created By GameSpot
Posted Oct 2, 2007 4:13 pm PT

It's time to get your skates on! Join the Kidz Sports Crew in Kidz Sports Ice Hockey! Kidz Sports Ice Hockey is a fun based sports game, which will have you standing up, moving around and literally re-enacting the movement of the game you're playing. See if you have what it takes in Kidz Sports – Ice Hockey!

Features:

* Using your Wii Remote and Nunchuk, you can carve your way through the competition and 'slap shot' your way to victory.
* Steer your team to triumph in the Knockout Cup, or enter Exhibition Mode to get straight into the action. The choice is yours!
* As well as the single player mode you can also go head to head with your friends in the multiplayer mode.
* Pull off some awesome super skill moves by utilising the special Wii Remote gestures. Learn chip shot, the power shot and the charge shot to send the puck blazing past the goalie and into the back of the net.
* The highly successful Kidz Sports range is designed to allow the player to intuitively understand the control system. This delivers an unprecedented "pick-up-and-play" gameplay experience.
* Face off with you opponents and deliver a devastating slapshot. Can you take control of the puck and take your team to the top of the league?

It will be interesting to see what the controls are for shooting but I dunno... I doubt there is fighting or even hitting.

sounds alright...I'll rent it...

The Three and Up is a little discouraging though

Being a huge Wii AND NHL fan, it really is sad to see NHL games on what seems to be every other system BUT the Wii.:csad: Hopefully our day will come!

Being a huge Wii AND NHL fan, it really is sad to see NHL games on what seems to be every other system BUT the Wii.:csad: Hopefully our day will come!

NHL 2K9 Announced For Wii
First hockey game with NHL license on console.
by Bill Barnwell

June 12, 2008 - 2K Sports announced today that NHL 2K9 will be released on the Wii, representing the first NHL-licensed game to appear on the console.

Users will be able to employ the Wii Remote as a hockey stick within the game, likely in a similar fashion to the skill stick used on 360 and PS3 versions of the game.

"It's our goal this year to bring the fun back to hockey video games," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "NHL 2K9 for Wii includes the full feature set as available on other platforms, and added Wii Remote controls and other exciting features specific for the Wii console will allow dedicated fans the opportunity to fully enjoy and embrace NHL hockey in a brand new experience."

"Nintendo is thrilled to have 2K Sports' NHL 2K9 on the Wii platform this season," said Steve Singer, VP of Licensing at Nintendo of America Inc. "This title has been highly anticipated by our Wii consumers who will now be able to use the Wii Remote to face-off, play hockey, and fire a slap shot in their living rooms."

To celebrate today's announcement, Nintendo's famed mascot, Mario, will strut his stuff down the red carpet tonight at the 2008 NHL Awards beginning at 6:15 p.m. in Toronto. Fans in attendance will be able to meet Mario and even have their picture taken with him.

Stay tuned to IGN for more details on the Wii version of NHL 2K9 as the game's release date draws closer.

When EA Sports announced that Dion Phaneuf would be their coverboy it stated it would only be for the 360 and PS3. Don't know why EA didn't put an NHL game this year as the Wii is number one across the world.

With 2K9 out this year expect NHL 2010 for the Wii next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"