L.A. Noire (PS3, 360)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for a thread resurrection. Yes Rockstar is still making this game. Finally some info

- The largest and most detailed open world game to date, Team Bondi had done extensive research on 1940's LA in an aspiration for an almost 1:1 recreation of the how the city looked back then, looking at over 180000 pictures from the UCLA and UMC archives. From the old downtown up to Hollywood... even the roads are as back then, with car models made off of authentic 1940's cars

- Adds new adventure elements to the familiar drive and shoot gameplay model, essentially, according to the games' Producer Jeronimo Berreira, the game is "an adventure game that playes like a GTA". You'll have to do real police work - interrogation, piece together various evidence, and even idetify whether a person is lying to you or not by their facial expressions... which is made possible by Team Bondi's hard work in the field.The crimes in the game are also stylized to the time thanks to the research Team Bondi's Brendan McNamara has done on the subject.

- 300 people are involved in vocal and facial capture, everyone starting with the protagonist and ending with a random padestrian is fully voiced and animated... and the most famous person invloved? Ken Cosgrove from acclaimed TV show "Mad Men"

- Facial models in the game are indestinguishable from the real thing... there are no problems with lip syncing either (it's essentially perfect), and according to Team Bondi's Brendan McNamara, these features allow character interaction levels beyond those of Uncharted 2 or Mass Effect 2.

- As you progress in the game and in crime solving, your protagonist, Cole Phelps, will also progress in rank - from simple beat, street cop solving simple crimes, to a homicide detective, the most prestigious job in the department.

- It's not all investigation! You'll get to participate in plenty of shootouts, car chases, and witness explosions galore. However, for Team Bondi mixing the elements of open-world GTA gaming with first-class atmosphere and storytelling is very important
There's some scans of the game at the link

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6980

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if The Agency won't turn out to be a Exclusive

I won't be surprised if The Agency won't turn out to be a Exclusive

This looks awesome. Glad to see a Noire game & glad to see it'll be on 360! Though, it being on PS3 would of been another reason for me to get one after UC2 & GOW3.

He probably meant Agent
oh ok, that makes more sense. Agent will most likely launch as an exclusive and will stay that way at least for a few months before they announce it for anything else

anyway they seem to be using a light stage like facial animation system. be interesting to see the results.

oh ok, that makes more sense. Agent will most likely launch as an exclusive and will stay that way at least for a few months before they announce it for anything else

I remember reading that The Agent will stay PS3 exclusive due to Take-Two making L.A. Noire mulitplatform even though Sony put lots of money into the project.

I think that was the deal, L.A. Noire multiplatform for an exclusive game developed by the GTA team.

this game looks amazing.

this is an automatic buy for me.

Nice to see Rockstar moving away from Grand Theft Auto a little and making games that I might enjoy. I had doubts about Red Dead Redemption, but I have been enjoying it. Much better than any GTA game, which I'm not a fan of.

Nice to see Rockstar moving away from Grand Theft Auto a little and making games that I might enjoy. I had doubts about Red Dead Redemption, but I have been enjoying it. Much better than any GTA game, which I'm not a fan of.

Redemption is pretty much GTA with a western setting. It controls the same as GTA IV, altho Redemption is much more refined.

Redemption is pretty much GTA with a western setting. It controls the same as GTA IV, altho Redemption is much more refined.

I will agree with the controls, but the entire game itself is something I wouldn't call a "western GTA". At first I called it that, but after playing the game, I really enjoyed it and I see it as something much better than GTA IV, imo.

i like red dead redemption a lot more than gta iv. however, i liked san andreas the most of any rockstar game.

this game looks incredible.

I will agree with the controls, but the entire game itself is something I wouldn't call a "western GTA". At first I called it that, but after playing the game, I really enjoyed it and I see it as something much better than GTA IV, imo.

It is very much western GTA. The mission structure, the controls, the side activities, the cutscenes. It's all GTAIV in the west, though it is more refined (which is to be expected since it came out well after IV).

Rockstar is a big company, I don't think Rockstar North needs to shy away from GTA when the rest of Rockstar is doing great stuff like Bully and RDR.

Oh i agree that its far better than GTA IV, imo GTA IV does nothing better than Redemption, but if you cant see the parallels then ill have to assume u never played GTA IV and just say you dont like that game for whatever reason. Like Geo said, everything is similar, from mission structure to the controls, its VERY much GTA IV and thats not a bad thing. GTA IV was a very well made game. If Rockstar just continues to use that as a base, expanding on it and improving it we are going to get some fantastic titles. Just look at Redemption. Need i say more?

I hope LA Noire can be as good as Redemption.

For a game that's supposed to be released in the next few months there's a VERY worrying lack of news coming from it...

I didnt even know they gave a release date. I wasnt expect this till next year. With Rockstar's track record, I wont be surprised if it is delayed till then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"