Why Vin Diesel SHOULD Play 'Venom'

How did Tyler Mane act nothing like Sabertooth?
Sure he really didnt do much but he was alright.
And he looked perfectly like Sabertooth.

I liked him better than Schrieber.

I honestly don't know how it's possible for anyone to like Mane's portrayal more than Schrieber's.

Mane's Sabertooth was literally NOTHING like the real Sabertooth from the comics, apart from in looks and name. And I even thought the visual was a bit too campy.

He said about 1 page worth of dialogue and just roared throughout the whole movie. That isn't Sabertooth. Sabertooth is like Wolverine's Joker, constantly winding him up. Not a half mute lackey for some other villain.

The Ace of Knaves said:
I honestly don't know how it's possible for anyone to like Mane's portrayal more than Schrieber's.

Mane's Sabertooth was literally NOTHING like the real Sabertooth from the comics, apart from in looks and name. And I even thought the visual was a bit too campy.

He said about 1 page worth of dialogue and just roared throughout the whole movie. That isn't Sabertooth. Sabertooth is like Wolverine's Joker, constantly winding him up. Not a half mute lackey for some other villain.

I honestly like Mane's portrayal of Sabertooth more than Schrieber's. Maybe because I strongly dislike it when characters are recasted, which is why I'm strongly against recasting Eddie Brock. It just felt ******ed seeing Jackman and Mane in X-Men and then Jackman and Schrieber in Wolverine. Why keep the same Logan, but cast a completely different Sabretooth?

Why not? Especially when the Sabertooth in X1 wasn't a good enough portrayal of Sabertooth.

So the makers of Wolverine should just go "Well we already have our Sabertooth. He acted nothing like comic book Sabertooth and is played by a wrestler, but we already have him."? Do me a favour.

Creed in Wolverine had the PERSONALITY spot on. Mane's Sabertooth didn't, and I'm pretty sure he couldn't pull it off anyway. If you guys prefer a character to just look like their comic book counterpart rather than ACT like it, then well, I just gotta laugh at ya. :hehe:

I didn't mind Mane's performance because he really looked like a badass, but they should've given him more to do. He may not be a better actor than Liev but I'd bet my bottom dollar he would've given a good performance if he was given more to do & say.

Now, on to the topic at hand: Vin Diesel should be banned from Hollywood.

I think they should do Venom as a TV series. The way I'd do it, is follow the formula from the old Incredible Hulk series from the 70s. Have Eddie Brock going from place to place, trying to fight the monster inside of him. He'd solve some kind of crime, but Venom would take some innocent lives along the way.

I think they should do Venom as a TV series. The way I'd do it, is follow the formula from the old Incredible Hulk series from the 70s. Have Eddie Brock going from place to place, trying to fight the monster inside of him. He'd solve some kind of crime, but Venom would take some innocent lives along the way.

I would see it.

Vin Diesel cannot act. I'm sorry, but its the truth. He has no talent.

But seeing how I'm pessimistic about this Venom film anyway, I would not be surprised to see them go that route...get a guy that can pull off Eddie Brock's build and appearance, but can't portray the character in personality.

Why Vin Diesel SHOULD Play 'Venom'

Cause they both suck out loud?

What do steroid drugs do when a guy is already attached to an Alien Symbiote anyway? He's crazy and ripped both mostly because he's got an alien entity attached to him! I think the whole steroids angle would be unnecessary.

He was already big and ripped before he got the symbiote. He hit the gym as a way to cope with how his life had turned to crap. Once you throw in the stupid cancer angle, that type of growth could only be explained by steroid abuse. Bonding with the symbiote just replaced one fix with another.

Thing is, that stupid cancer bit has been semi-retconned. Both Zeb Wells (Venom: Dark Origins, the upcoming Anti-Venom limited series) and Steve Wacker (New Ways to Die) either hate the cancer angel, or think it was unnecessary. Dark Origins completely ignores the cancer while NWtD states that it was Eddie being bonded to the symbiote for many years that gave him cancer, completely retconning the idea that Eddie had cancer before ever being Venom like how Paul Jenkins wrote.

Heck, in "The Last Temptation of Eddie Brock", they confirmed in part one that Eddie never had cancer until years into his career as Venom. Only in "The Hunger" is Eddie supposedly cancer-ridden years BEFORE being Venom. While I prefer him to not have cancer period (which is the case currently), I rather the current story (getting cancer during his many years of being Venom) rather than the God awful BS that Eddie had cancer long before becoming Venom, and using that as an "angle" to hate Spider-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"