Why Vin Diesel SHOULD Play 'Venom'

I just don’t see it. I like Vin Diesel, but he doesn’t resemble the character in any way, and yes, he’s underrated as an actor, I’ll give you that.

Topher Grace was fine as Eddie Brock and should get another crack at Venom.

I just don’t see it. I like Vin Diesel, but he doesn’t resemble the character in any way, and yes, he’s underrated as an actor, I’ll give you that.

Topher Grace was fine as Eddie Brock and should get another crack at Venom.

Agreed.

This is an even bigger stretch than going from Liev Schrieber to Tyler Mane for Sabertooth.

I thought Tyler Mane was better as Sabertooth than Liev Schrieber.
Tyler Mane really looked like Sabertooth, Liev Schrieber was just meh.

I've been saying he should play Venom since before Spidey 3. It's a thing where I can just picture him barking out things in collective.

I voted "no," because no Venom movie ever needs to be attempted at all.

If a Venom movie was ever made Eddie should be a suicidal steroid freak with bi-polar disorder.

No to the bold.

Yes to the bold. He's huge and suicidal, he could very well be bi-polar. So Eddie must be taking steroid drugs. Once he bonds with the symbiote that becomes his new fix.

Last edited:
Yes to the bold. He's huge and suicidal, he could very well be bi-polar. So Eddie must be taking steroid drugs. Once he bonds with the symbiote that becomes his new fix.

Again, NO. It's my opinion.

What do steroid drugs do when a guy is already attached to an Alien Symbiote anyway? He's crazy and ripped both mostly because he's got an alien entity attached to him! I think the whole steroids angle would be unnecessary.

What do steroid drugs do when a guy is already attached to an Alien Symbiote anyway? He's crazy and ripped both mostly because he's got an alien entity attached to him! I think the whole steroids angle would be unnecessary.

Exactly.

If this was a character I cared about I'd say no way.

While I've always liked the idea and visual design of Venom, I've always felt Eddie Brock was a rather lame villian, I've also always thought Vin was a rather lame actor...so I guess it'd be a good fit.

If Sam & Marvel had really wanted to ease in Vin to play Venom, then I think they should've brought him in as Eddie Brock back in Spiderman 2 even if it was no more than a quick 5min cameo/intro, setting up Venom in Spiderman 3. Forcing the choice down everyone's throats and seeing the initial reaction. I for one do like Vin Diesel and think he's an incredibly underrated actor, but as Venom in this stage of the game....risky. He'd definitely bring starpower to the film, of that I have no doubt.

My personal choice however would be Nathan Jones. Anyone else disagree?

I thought Tyler Mane was better as Sabertooth than Liev Schrieber.
Tyler Mane really looked like Sabertooth, Liev Schrieber was just meh.

Wha...?!?!

So you prefer a guy who looks like Sabertooth, but acts literally NOTHING like him to a guy who may not look like the traditional Sabertooth(even though he does look the spitting image of Agent of Weapon X Sabertooth) who completely embodies the character? Who IS Victor Creed?

I don't know whether to laugh, or cry...

If Sam & Marvel had really wanted to ease in Vin to play Venom, then I think they should've brought him in as Eddie Brock back in Spiderman 2 even if it was no more than a quick 5min cameo/intro, setting up Venom in Spiderman 3. Forcing the choice down everyone's throats and seeing the initial reaction. I for one do like Vin Diesel and think he's an incredibly underrated actor, but as Venom in this stage of the game....risky. He'd definitely bring starpower to the film, of that I have no doubt.

My personal choice however would be Nathan Jones. Anyone else disagree?

I liked Topher Grace as Eddie Brock and now I would like to see Eddie Brock not as big as he is in the comics but more like a regular guy. But as Venom, that's a different talk... About your choice, I don't know if the guy can act.

Wha...?!?!

So you prefer a guy who looks like Sabertooth, but acts literally NOTHING like him to a guy who may not look like the traditional Sabertooth(even though he does look the spitting image of Agent of Weapon X Sabertooth) who completely embodies the character? Who IS Victor Creed?

I don't know whether to laugh, or cry...

How did Tyler Mane act nothing like Sabertooth?
Sure he really didnt do much but he was alright.
And he looked perfectly like Sabertooth.

Eddie is a loser who has tried quick solutions to make his life better. In the comics he got buffed up after he lost his job. He was already big when the symbiote attached to him. In comic book time, that type of quick growth can easily be explained with steroid use, and it can cause bi-poar behavior and then suicidal tendencies.

I can understand your point.

I'm just hoping that they can give him a shot with a good script and character for him to portray. I can see him surprising a lot of people with his performance; and maybe the movie itself can turn over a few pleasant surprises, as well.

I don't think that we can all blame Raimi for how 'Spider-Man 3' turned out(as none of us were there to actually varify), but I see your point. However, it wasn't up to him with the casting of the character, it was up to the producers. I believe Topher did a good job with the material. But, it was unfortunate that he couldn't have a real-standing presence in the role of Eddie Brock, or even Venom, himself.

I wouldn't blame Spider-Man 3 completely on Raimi either. He has said that he was never a fan of Venom, but he put him in because the producers pressured him too.

SP1D3RxV3N0M said:
About your choice, I don't know if the guy can act.

They should've casted Nathan Jones as Juggernaut. No effects needed.

I liked Vin Diesel in Saving Private Ryan, while a small role I enjoyed him in it alot.

Vin D for captain america! lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"