Wifi extender

Morg

Grumpy mod
Staff member
Reaction score
Got a new WiFi but have to set it up downstairs near the TV so it can be hooked up to the cable and TV and phone only problem is the signal is weak where my PC is(upstairs floor) only get 1 bar upstairs but on laptop and other devices I can get 3/4 bars downstairs

Was wondering about those WiFi signals extenders things you see at stores, been hearing some say they work but others saying it doesn't give you much help. Thought I could put one in the hallway and give me a better signal boost to where my PC is set up

They work, though they say the signal gets weaker the farther it gets from the main router or gateway. You could try something like Orbi or Google Wifi which are supposed to be pretty good. Dont know what you want to pay tho.

I think your ideal solution would be a powerline adapter kit. A powerline adapter kit is actually two parts: one adapter that you connect to a power outlet near your router, and a second adapter that you connect to a power outlet near your PC. You connect the first adapter to your router via ethernet cable, and then connect the second adapter to the PC via another ethernet cable. The internet connection is passed through the electrical wiring in your walls, from power outlet to power outlet. It allows you to have something close to a wired connection, even when the PC is floors away from the router. The only hangup that may come from this depends on how old the wiring is in your house/building. But it'd be worth a shot.

I think your ideal solution would be a powerline adapter kit. A powerline adapter kit is actually two parts: one adapter that you connect to a power outlet near your router, and a second adapter that you connect to a power outlet near your PC. You connect the first adapter to your router via ethernet cable, and then connect the second adapter to the PC via another ethernet cable. The internet connection is passed through the electrical wiring in your walls, from power outlet to power outlet. It allows you to have something close to a wired connection, even when the PC is floors away from the router. The only hangup that may come from this depends on how old the wiring is in your house/building. But it'd be worth a shot.

This. I use them to connect my Internet box upstairs to the TV box downstairs, it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"