Wii for $229, November 12??

The Riddler said:
i will NOT be getting wii at launch.

the moment ssbb is released however, it shall be mine.

Why are you waiting for SSBB to get a Wii?

If this is indeed true, I'll actually be disappointed. Every Nintendo console has debuted at 199. With far weaker techonology this time around, it would be something of a slap to the face. Not to mention that alot of sources were claiming an early to mid October launch. Not that I won't be rushing to getting it and some Twilight Princess, but still.

Not cool, Nintendo. Not cool.

The awesome support, the cheap price, the cool controller, the very good list of upcoming games, etc.

Spidey-Bat said:
Why are you waiting for SSBB to get a Wii?
because:

1. wii will be easier to get by then

2. i can choose from a better game library

3. i don't want to waste my time playing wii until next year

1. True
2. Meh, all the best games coming out will already be launch titles.
3. Twilight Princess will own your soul.

If you never liked Metroid or Zelda, no list I give you will be "good", for any system, because there's a good chance that you don't like games period.

NOFX said:
I love the Resident Evil Series!!! Only reason I got a Gamecube. I was thinking of purchasing Wii but RE5 is coming to 360, no pont now. I dont know Nintendo to me seems like a system for kids than really for adults thats just my honest opinion.
I actually agree with you. As soon as I turned 18, I said to myself "you know something Stephen....you're an adult now, it's about time you outgrow fun".

Manny Calavera said:
I actually agree with you. As soon as I turned 18, I said to myself "you know something Stephen....you're an adult now, it's about time you outgrow fun".

:up:

(I hope you were being sarcastic.)

I think Wii sounds like it outclasses the competition in every possible way. Nothing against PS3 and Xbox 360, though. They are great consoles, from what I hear.

i think alot of people are like me that want a wii, but also want a xbox 360. not because i consider the 360 a more adult game, or the wii for kids. i think there both awesome machines. i just cant wait to play with a wii, hands down the coolest system out of these 3 next gen. and 360 got games commin out i really want, like dead rising, halo 3 and lets face it, 360 is the place to be for online game play as far as sports and shooter games go.

im a full nintendo supporter , i have owned all of the systems. i will get a wii at launch.. and i have yet to get a 360.. if that says anything.

Wii will be the first next gen console I get at launch. As soon as GameStop takes pre-orders I'll be there. Now, if they would just tell me when I can switch my Cube Twilight Princess pre-order over to the Wii version all would be well.

I'm a little disappointed that Wii won't be debuting at $200, but I'll still buy it. It will be the must-have system of next-gen. I can't wait.

The Riddler said:
because:

but your going to be buying wii anyways, so whats your point?

Future Prez said:
I'm a little disappointed that Wii won't be debuting at $200, but I'll still buy it. It will be the must-have system of next-gen. I can't wait.

that 30 bucks does suck.... just dont by your weeks worth of taco bell , and there is your 30 right there.

iambilly81 said:
i think alot of people are like me that want a wii, but also want a xbox 360. not because i consider the 360 a more adult game, or the wii for kids. i think there both awesome machines. i just cant wait to play with a wii, hands down the coolest system out of these 3 next gen. and 360 got games commin out i really want, like dead rising, halo 3 and lets face it, 360 is the place to be for online game play as far as sports and shooter games go.

im a full nintendo supporter , i have owned all of the systems. i will get a wii at launch.. and i have yet to get a 360.. if that says anything.
I totally agree. I'm getting a Wii right at launch and gamewise, I'm not worried in the slightest. Hell, I've got Eternal Darkness, Hulk:UA, 007:EoN, LoZ:WW, NFS:Underground, Metroid Prime, all three Spider-man titles, Wolverine's Revenge, X-men Legends 2, Soul Calibur 2, Resident Evil 4, Sonic Adventure 2, SSB:Melee and Viewtiful Joe, so I've already got 16 games to play, not to mention how cheap other GC titles will become after Wii is released- MGS:Twin Snakes and Mario Kart, I'm looking at you, so theres no need to worry about game shortages. Plus, the controllers are backward compatable too.

But, I want a 360 for the stuff the Wii cant do. Theres no way Dead Rising could work on Wii. Lost Planet wouldnt be as beautiful. And frankly, Live kicks all kinds of ass. But price affordability is a big factor in my Wii purchase. So thats why its not being 199 kinda stings. And thats why I'm going to wait a while to get the 360. Its got to be at least 250... and thats the preimum.

NOFX said:
Like???

I never liked Metroid Prime, or Zelda. Mario good but its gone to redundant.

agreed... i haven't played too many fps', except for the bigger ones (riddick, halo, killzone, fear, doom3, quake, etc...) but the new metroids were easily my least favorite by a big margin, zelda is... okay. i played wind waker and couldn't get into it. i'll admit that twilight princess does look great, though.

and mario hasn't had a good game (his own good game, anyway) since the n64. i think the only reason people get so excited for galaxy is because of nastolgia.

the wii doesn't have a single title that excites me yet... but i'll wait and read the reviews when it comes out to make any concrete conclusions.

Mr. Credible said:
agreed... i haven't played too many fps', except for the bigger ones (riddick, halo, killzone, fear, doom3, quake, etc...) but the new metroids were easily my least favorite by a big margin, zelda is... okay. i played wind waker and couldn't get into it. i'll admit that twilight princess does look great, though.

and mario hasn't had a good game (his own good game, anyway) since the n64. i think the only reason people get so excited for galaxy is because of nastolgia.

the wii doesn't have a single title that excites me yet... but i'll wait and read the reviews when it comes out to make any concrete conclusions.
:up:

jaydawg said:
I totally agree. I'm getting a Wii right at launch and gamewise, I'm not worried in the slightest. Hell, I've got Eternal Darkness, Hulk:UA, 007:EoN, LoZ:WW, NFS:Underground, Metroid Prime, all three Spider-man titles, Wolverine's Revenge, X-men Legends 2, Soul Calibur 2, Resident Evil 4, Sonic Adventure 2, SSB:Melee and Viewtiful Joe, so I've already got 16 games to play, not to mention how cheap other GC titles will become after Wii is released- MGS:Twin Snakes and Mario Kart, I'm looking at you, so theres no need to worry about game shortages. Plus, the controllers are backward compatable too.

Then the virtual console games. Once there is a date I'll pre-order.

Hell yes. I'm so excited, I'm worried I'm going to try to have sex with Twilight Princess.

The Riddler said:
because:

1) How much easier can it be? Nintendo isn't pulling a Microsoft, they're going to have a supply to satisfy the demand.

2) By the time SSBB comes out, that will be the only new game worth buying immediately other than some launch titles.

3) You can never waste time playing a Wii. Never.

Mr. Credible said:

Was Wind Waker your first Zelda game? If it was, you started out on the wrong foot. Wind Waker is a great game, but not the best to start the Zelda series with. It was much longer than most other Zeldas, mainly due to the tedious travel (I still loved it, but there were times I just wanted to skip it). If you have not played Ocarina of Time, you are severely deprived. You cannot call yourself a gamer having never played that. Even if you end up hating it, you have to have atleast played it.

Wow....this seems cheap....compared to the other consoles at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"