Nintendo WII launch date

iambilly81

Sidekick
Reaction score
I preordered my Wii yeaterday because the local games shop was setting up a big Wii display :up:

They said October 25 is the release date for Australia.

I need to call and see if they are taking pre-orders for the Wii at Gamestop here yet.:confused:

Brainiac 8 said:
I need to call and see if they are taking pre-orders for the Wii at Gamestop here yet.:confused:

Last I asked they said not until 8 Weeks of release

They tend to release a few games about a week or so ahead of tbe actual system launch. So, if Best Buy has any basis for their release dates (which I doubt), I'd guess it's hitting around the 10th.

TrailerCues said:
Last I asked they said not until 8 Weeks of release

That's too bad, I want to make sure I don't miss out on the first shipment of them. I want mine in the bag.:(

If you call post here the update I have been meaning to but been to busy

TrailerCues said:
If you call post here the update I have been meaning to but been to busy

I'll do that, I'll call today and see what they say.:up: :)

Because I said I would, I finally got a chance to talk to Gamestop in my area, and they said that they would probably start taking pre-orders in September as the launch date was finalized and a little closer.

But I want to pre-order it now.:mad: :down

Same thing happenned at my Gamestop. They won't take pre-orderes until

a) There is an official release date
b) closer to the date of release (ie: SEP OR OCT)

It sucks. Just gonna have to keep my ear to the ground. As soon as there is a date, I'm gonna put my reserve.

i think because of the problem alot of stores had with pre-orders with 360, there really making sure not to mess this one up, along with preorders for the p3s

TrailerCues said:
Microsoft can be blamed for that

Actuslly, it was about half-microsoft half-the stores themselves. The way GameStop dropped the ball on the 360 launch was one of the things that led to me leaving the job.

That's good, since it's not out yet...so yes, I will too :confused:

XwolverineX said:
I'll wait till the Wii get's some good games. :o

its gonna have great games right at launch.. metroid, zelda, red steel, and soon after, mario and smash brothers... why wait?

not every single nintendo game, only the popular ones.

all the marios,zeldas, metroids, and some others.

^^^nothing is free in life.

theres goingto be like a 2-8 dollar charge i think.

Hmmm, okay. I heard this thing that 7-11 gave away the price point in a promotion as $299. Maybe 7-11 is wrong...

WhatsHisFace said:
Isn't the Wii going to be $299?

There is zero chance the Wii will be $299. The graphical capablities are far too low to warrant such a price point. Anyway, Nintendo has stated time and time again that they want this to be a system that attracts non-gamers, and a $199 price would be more attractive to that audience.

I'm not gonna wait cuz even when the "good games" start coming out, I wanna have the system and not have to stay in line. Gamecube backward compatibility interests me second, though. I never got one.

i know day one what games im gonna buy with it, but im also lookin forward to downloading all the games i havent played in years.

That's gonna be one of the best parts of Wii. All of our favorite Nintendo and Sega games from the last twenty yearrs, ready for download. Even though Live has some great games, I think the Wii's service will blow it out of the water, simply b/c of the back catalogue and Nintendo's own expertise at making games of a differnt style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"