• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Wii questions

MoPlaYa

Crazy Guy
Reaction score
So I have a PS3 and I am thinking about buying a Wii...Is it true you can download NES and SNES games like you can from the PSN?

If so where do I find the list?

Also I heard you can play GameCube games on the Wii... do you need a different controler?

So I have a PS3 and I am thinking about buying a Wii...Is it true you can download NES and SNES games like you can from the PSN?

If so where do I find the list?
Yes you can from Nintendo's Virtual Console service. They offer games from the NES, SNES, N64, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafix-16, Neo-Geo, Commodore 64, Arcade games, along with original downloadable titles from Nintendo's WiiWare service.

Here's the list
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=257137

Also I heard you can play GameCube games on the Wii... do you need a different controler?
The Wii is backwards compatable with GameCube games. It would be rediculous if it weren't since the Wii is built on GameCube technology and is essentially a souped up GameCube. But yes, you will need a different controler. Since they are GameCube games, you are going to need a GameCube controller.

However last year Nintendo released a few GameCube games under the New Play Control! banner which are ports of GameCube games with Wii controls, just like the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Those games are Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Pikmin, Mario Power Tennis, and the Metroid Prime Trilogy. However, there are no announcements for any more future New Play Control! titles.

I just bought the Black Wii yesterday with the Motion Plus Wii-mote and I have a few questions also:

After I purchased all my favorite NES, SNES, and N64 games, it said I need the classic controller.

I looked online and found the black classic controller for only 10 bucks. Now my question is, do you need a separate Wii-mote in order to use additional controllers?

My Wii only came with one controller and I'd like to play some of these classic multiplayer games with friends and family. Therefore, I want 3 classic controllers. Does that mean I need to buy (total) 2 additional Wii-motes and 3 classic controllers?

My 2nd question is, is the HDMI 480p wire worth it? I have a really nice LED HDTV so I am wondering if this will look better than the standard 480I RCA a/v wires.

Can somebody explain how this works?

I just bought the Black Wii yesterday with the Motion Plus Wii-mote and I have a few questions also:

After I purchased all my favorite NES, SNES, and N64 games, it said I need the classic controller.

I looked online and found the black classic controller for only 10 bucks. Now my question is, do you need a separate Wii-mote in order to use additional controllers?

My Wii only came with one controller and I'd like to play some of these classic multiplayer games with friends and family. Therefore, I want 3 classic controllers. Does that mean I need to buy (total) 2 additional Wii-motes and 3 classic controllers?

My 2nd question is, is the HDMI 480p wire worth it? I have a really nice LED HDTV so I am wondering if this will look better than the standard 480I RCA a/v wires.

-Yes, the Classic Controller connects to the Wii Remote the same way the Nunchuck does, so for each Classic Controller you will need a Wii Remote. Which kind of sucks.

- On my 40 inch lcd, the difference between the 480i Wii and 480p Wii is barely noticeable. In my opinion it is not worth it to buy the extra cable, but some people are really into visuals being as crisp as possible (which for the Wii still isn't very crisp) and it may be worth it to them.

If you want to go the cheaper route with the controllers, I would recommend just getting some Gamecube controllers, instead of shelling out for two Wii-motes + Classic controllers. Gamecube controllers work just fine for the classic games.

If you want to go the cheaper route with the controllers, I would recommend just getting some Gamecube controllers, instead of shelling out for two Wii-motes + Classic controllers. Gamecube controllers work just fine for the classic games.

Except that Gamecube controllers have the shortest f'n cords in the world.

Well I think it's going to come down to whether he wants the convenience of a low price tag and a reliable controller or if he'd rather spend $150+ just for wireless. I was simply trying to provide him with another option.

I sold my Gamecube a long time ago, although I do have my original N64 with my rumble back enabled controller.

Anyways, I went and bought the Wii motes and the classic controllers on ebay It cost me $70 additional bucks to what I paid for the console. So I got 3 Classic controllers(Black), 2 (motion plus) Wii-motes (Black) and the Black Wii with Wii Motion Plus.

So total cost so far for the console with the accessories is a whopping $360 dollars. Oh you know what? I didn't even talk about the games I bought on the VLC, which cost around 40-45 dollars.

That means I have no spent roughly $400 to play old games. I am happy yet ashamed at the same time. :meanie:

I bought a black Wii last night... gonna buy somne games for it soon

I was going to buy a Wii within the next month or so... However, 3DS could launch in March, which has me thinking maybe I'll hold off for that.

More so since the Wii won't look very great on my 47" TV.... By that I mean, it could look blurry or smudgy...

Doesn't look too bad, just get the component vid cables and set it up for 480p... it's the best you're gonna get. I have a 42" Panasonic full HD plasma and I think the Wii looks great... *shrugs*

I'm just trying to find reasons to buy a 3DS over a Wii... but I want both. :p

haha yeah... I guess it depends on the games you want. For me, the Wii was necessary to download all the old NES/SNES games... as well as Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy. Also RE4 for the Wii is probably one of the best games, ever.

...I hated RE4 on the Cube. I just don't like the direction the series took after 3.

You're joking? I've never been a fan of the RE series... But I picked it up as a friend said it was a 'must have'... I don't normally play shooter games, let alone stuff revolving around zombies... But I must say it's def in my top 10 video games of all time. Of course I've only played it on the Wii so I don't know any better in terms of the other version previously released.

I'm a fan of both directions the RE series went. If the series had stayed with the tank controls and zombies it would have died from staleness. Do I wish Resident Evil 5 would have been more frightening? Yes, but RE4 genuinely does have some scary moments in it.

However, the fans of RE that don't appreciate both directions have a right not to be fans of the direction the series took.

It's the definitive version of Resident Evil 4 as far as I'm concerned.

RE4 and 5 still have tank controls. Just a DIFFERENT form of tank control.

Yeah. I'm so sorry, but I don't feel like I'm controlling a tank in those games. The movement feels much more fluid there.

Playing Resident Evil 4 with the Wii Remote and Resident Evil 5 with the PlayStation Move works so much better than using the GameCube controller and DualShock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"