Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are The Other Guys

the majority of movie goers enjoyed this movie??? i started this movie, but halfway through i can't finish it....it sucks!! admittedly i never cared for Will Ferrell's comedy, but Mark Wahlberg is dreadful in this movie. many of the jokes fall flat either because they suck or are too forced. major thumbs down.

Last edited:
The funny thing about The Other Guys is that more than any other Will Ferrell film, it creates a huge dividing line. People for the most part either love it or hate it with no in between. I haven't met anyone that thought it was just okay (before someone comes in and say "I thought it was okay," I believe you. There probably are a few people out there who thought it was okay.)

The reviews for the movie in this thread is either expressing love for it or genuine hatred.

Seriously the funniest movie this year. Wahlberg and Ferrell had terrific chemistry.

Yeah it was the funniest this year. It was great

However this wasnt a very good year for comedy. But Other Guys was awesome. Probably going to get the blu ray tomorrow

At first I hated this movie but after I watched it a few times I really did enjoy this movie.
I think I liked the first part the best with SLJ/Rock part I just thought it was darn funny. "Did someone call 9-1-HOLYS##T"," If I wanted you to talk I would put my arm up ur @ss and work your mouth like a puppet"

if this was the funniest movie of the year.....then it truly is a sad year for comedies. i laughed more watching the trailer of Gulliver's Travels than this crap. Scott Pilgrim was ten times funnier than this was and i didn't even think Scott Pilgrim was all that funny. anyway, i'll do no more trashing....just felt the need to express how crappy i thought this movie was seeing as how i wasted an hour on it.

if this was the funniest movie of the year.....then it truly is a sad year for comedies. i laughed more watching the trailer of Gulliver's Travels than this crap. Scott Pilgrim was ten times funnier than this was and i didn't even think Scott Pilgrim was all that funny. anyway, i'll do no more trashing....just felt the need to express how crappy i thought this movie was seeing as how i wasted an hour on it.

It's okay. You were venting. :up:

though the Gulliver's travel's thing even hurt my feelings :csad:. It evokes feelings worse your hatred for The Other Guys. Seriously, does anyone think Gulliver's Travels will be actually good?

*crickets chirping*

Last edited:
Yeah it was the funniest this year. It was great

However this wasnt a very good year for comedy. But Other Guys was awesome. Probably going to get the blu ray tomorrow

Yeah, with this year you had The Other Guys, and, that's it. That's the only comedy I really liked. I thought Get Him to the Greek was okay (Diddy was the best part of the movie), and I though Dinner for Schmucks was okay (but I'm more towards the negative on this one). I haven't seen Hot Tub Time Machine yet. I need to get around to doing that.

Damon's son just freakishly resembles his father too much. His mannerism, his laughter, the way he talks, just straight up weird. He freaking mirrors his father.

Try putting a cucumber in your water. It's actually quite good.

I also think we're all forgetting to mention how great Keaton was in this.

That little moment where he drops the gun on his desk and looks at it was great.

You learned to dance like that sarcastically?

Probably my favorite joke. Also like the more subtle ones like Keaton dropping his gun when answering the phone.

I also noticed on second viewing how Ferrell is holding a gladss of water with a pepper looking thing when they're in David's penthouse.

One of my favorite jokes was from Ferrell's character about trimming 3 minutes off Goodfellas. I found the idea of someone doing a fan edit of one of the most popular and critically acclaimed movies ever hysterical.

FInally caught this movie on HBO here in Holland.
Laughed my ass off.Great chemistry between Wahlberg and Farell.
Probably my favorite scene was the dinner scene and how Wahlberg's character completely stares in awe.

"Bye sheila" :lmao:

The way he treats his incredibly hot wife is so ****ed up that it's hilarious.

:funny:

Seriously underrated film. Great comedy out of the whole cast.

Or a prequel origins with The Rock and Sam Jackson.

This didn't make a lot of money relative to its budget right?

It cost $100 M to make and it earned $170 M worldwide ($119 M domestic)

The way he treats his incredibly hot wife is so ****ed up that it's hilarious.

:funny:

Terry: "Thank you, Shiela!"
Alan: "Bye Terry!"
Terry: "Yeah, whatever Alan go back inside. Bye Shiela!"
Alan"I guess he didn't hear me."

Loved that bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member