Will MOS Be A Standalone Film Or A Trilogy?

Right, Snyder's own Johnstad looked at it too.

As long as it hasnt been completely re-written by him and everybody just tweaked it here and there I'm pretty confident in this collaboration. How can this not be even moderately good?

Agreed; and for whatever it's worth, Cavil said that he thought it was one of the finest scripts that he had ever read, and I don't about you guys, but he doesn't come off the type that would falsely claim about stuff like that unless he meant it.

Not to mention, that we have the likes of Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, and Russell Crowe involved, and I can't imagine some of these guys getting on board unless they had some faith in the screenplay as well.

Agreed; and for whatever it's worth, Cavil said that he thought it was one of the finest scripts that he had ever read, and I don't about you guys, but he doesn't come off the type that would falsely claim about stuff like that unless he meant it.

Not to mention, that we have the likes of Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, and Russell Crowe involved, and I can't imagine some of these guys getting on board unless they had some faith in the screenplay as well.

Of course, people involved would not badmouth the script, but you're right. Both Cavill and Shannon have emphasized several times how good the script was.

But of course, nothing is a guarantee, so knock on wood...

Last edited:
I want this film to be the defining Superman film. I like the Donner films but you gotta think about what can be done with todays technology. I don't care what anyone says, Snyder is an amazing visual storyteller, great imagination for the **** you'd wanna see in a Supes movie. Who is writing the script though?

If it deserves success it deserves success. If it doesn't it doesn't.

I dont exactly disagree with that. My Watchmen post may seem a lot harsher than I ment it to be. I was just trying to show my disappointment after watching it 4 times. The guy has alot of potential, but he needs to be working with the right people. Storytelling isnt his strong point, if it was he wouldnt have fallowed Watchmen as close to the source material as he did. And his visuals are overall great and promising, I just noticed room for improvement. Im going to watch 300 tonight, I got in on a torrent, so Ill get to see a little further into the world of Snyder. On average though people say Watchmen is his best, and it has a lot of room for improvement. Regardless of the post I made, Watchman is still my top 5 favorite CBM of all time.
1) TDK
2) BB
3) V for Vendetta
4) X2
5) Watchman

Right, Snyder's own Johnstad looked at it too.

As long as it hasnt been completely re-written by him and everybody just tweaked it here and there I'm pretty confident in this collaboration. How can this not be even moderately good?

Agreed. I dont think Nolan should have 100% control of MOS either, because even though hes becoming one of my favorite directors fast, his methods wouldnt work 100% with Superman like they do with Batman. You need somebody more fantasy oriented. Nolan's own Superman would probably be too gritty, which dosnt work for Superman. It would be far too dark for Superman. I think the role he has is perfect. He involved heavily in Production (as well as his wife and Charles Roven. 2 Other people who did production for Nolans Batman) and in the story.
As a director tho, Nolans visual style wouldnt benefit Superman too much. This is where Snyder comes in. Snyder's visuals will come in good use. I just hope he dosnt add tons of slow motion. Only when its necessary. Snyder can also add a few interesting tweeks to the plot.

I do wonder though, do you guys think this the end Product will feel more like a Nolan film with Snyderesque elements here and there, or more like Snyder with Nolanesque tones??

I do wonder though, do you guys think this the end Product will feel more like a Nolan film with Snyderesque elements here and there, or more like Snyder with Nolanesque tones??

The latter I would say, but I'm not so sure Nolan's influence will shine through enough because as you say it's more fantasy than his usual stuff.

But it's difficult to say, again because this is somewhat unknown territory for all of them, with Synder in the front doing something that's both familiar to him while not at all.

But no, I dont really know what to expect here. It's Nolan letting go and Snyder holding back, I guess.

Hoping for a good movie.

Lately it looks like all superhero films are made to be part of a trilogy. Batman, Spiderman, Iron Man, Thor all have trilogies (Thor 2 is being made). The Green Hornet probably will also have a trilogy.

Personally I think the only ones I'd call a trilogy are BB/TDK/TDKR and X-Men/X2/X-Men:TLS.

Spiderman felt more like a series that just happened to get to three (they would have made the fourth if things had gone differently). The same with Iron Man IMO.

I don't mind which way they go though. I kind of like the 'finished' feel of a trilogy that all sort of link together as one story. But even if they just do a series of movies, I don't think it'd go past three... Because the ideas tend to get stale, the actors age, and the popularity makes them take liberties and pull out big 'what the hell' moments.

I think Iron Man flows well into Iron Man 2. With Tony revealing to the world he is a superhero, the second movie dealing with the consequences of that. Seemed like a natural sequel to me.

Thor and Captain America's sequels are the Avengers really. Their movies directly lead onto Avengers. For instance Steve Rogers being a man out of time is apparently going to play a big role in Avengers.

I think Iron Man flows well into Iron Man 2. With Tony revealing to the world he is a superhero, the second movie dealing with the consequences of that. Seemed like a natural sequel to me.

Thor and Captain America's sequels are the Avengers really. Their movies directly lead onto Avengers. For instance Steve Rogers being a man out of time is apparently going to play a big role in Avengers.

But Thor 2 is being made. Natalie Portman is in the cast etc.

Captain America, I haven't seen any sign of a sequel apart from The Avengers. And that's no surprise, as it's title featured the words 'The First Avenger'. Plus I'm not sure the world wants to see a franchise devoted to Captain America. I haven't checked it's international box office results, but I get the impression it's not really in demand.

Both Thor and Cap have sequels (well Cap will eventually get one).

My point was, Avengers is the natural follow up of Thor and Cap's solo films. It's a sequel basically.

Both Thor and Cap have sequels (well Cap will eventually get one).

My point was, Avengers is the natural follow up of Thor and Cap's solo films. It's a sequel basically.

Thor 2 is at imdb with a cast etc. 15th November 2013 release date.

But Captain America has no cast and no release date, but yeah maybe it will have a non-Avengers sequel too.

I hate this trilogy mind set. I'm just hoping for a good movie to be honest. I don't care about any potential sequels until I see and judge the first film to be good.

Well...what are they supposed to say though? The script is not so good? Anybody involved in a film is always going to say the script is good.

I'm not saying it is bad, but people involved in a film being quoted saying that something to do with the film is good..doesn't really mean much.

Mark Strong, Tim Robbins, Peter Sarsgaard....

Very true. Although Russell Crowe doesn't strike me as a guy who takes on roles unless he believes in them.

Guys like Robbins and even Strong have been in their fair share of ****e.

None of them are in the same league as Russell Crowe.

Or the living legend Kevin Costner.

:woot:

Its kinda like those rumours of how films are great from "inside sources", most recently the avengers. They also did that with Green Lantern. I don't even know why some sites report those stories. What else are people supposed to say, the movie is the worst thing to hit the screen.

Although I do remember one comment from blake livelys camp saying Green Lantern was a train wreck, lol.

As for the trilogy talk, they need to focus on making one good film. The trilogy mentality burns a lot of films.

thats like beliving a car dealer that the car that he will sell you is the best car. its not even about if he is honest or not. its the fact that he is selling you something. he is supposed to talk positive . :)

noone is angry that producers ,directors and actors lie that the movie is good. thats what they are supposed to say.

i have a problem with something else. for 4 years i am reading from some SHH members that what the actors and producers say in the interviews(the purpose of promotion is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promotion_marketing) is the truth. :)

Last edited:
Since when does someone like Russell Crowe need a hit? It's not as though he needs money or fame, he's friggin Russell Crowe! And like i said, he doesn't seem like the kind of actor who picks roles willy nilly or just to get some fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"