Will Smith Says Hancock 2 is Happening

But I would like a serious made up comic book hero movie one day.

Assume you mean superhero here, Sam Raimi's 'Darkman' was pretty good. He made him up because he couldn't get the rights to the Shadow and didn't get to do Batman.

I thought Hancock was a pretty good serious superhero movie as well. Just because he's a funny character type doesn't mean it wasn't a real attempt at establishing a new superhero.
A couple of scenes where out and out jokes that could've belonged in a superhero piss take movie, when he throws the kid up in the air and the head up the arse move. All the other stunts are ones that could've taken place in a serious Marvel or DC supermovie.

Assume you mean superhero here, Sam Raimi's 'Darkman' was pretty good. He made him up because he couldn't get the rights to the Shadow and didn't get to do Batman.

I thought Hancock was a pretty good serious superhero movie as well. Just because he's a funny character type doesn't mean it wasn't a real attempt at establishing a new superhero.
A couple of scenes where out and out jokes that could've belonged in a superhero piss take movie, when he throws the kid up in the air and the head up the arse move. All the other stunts are ones that could've taken place in a serious Marvel or DC supermovie.

He wanted to do Batman? He would of done great with that cause Darkman was awesome.

Hancock would be great for Marvel then DC in my opinion.

He wanted to do Batman? He would of done great with that cause Darkman was awesome.

Yeah, he was interviewed for taking the job for Batman Forever but lost out to Schumaker. Can't recall where I read this, either on Darkman, Spider-man or Raimi's wiki page. I recall reading that he wanted to do Batman round about the time he did Darkman so maybe he tried getting the job for the first movie too.
He tried getting the rights to the Shadow but couldn't get them somehow, but he has them nowadays.

Man, it would be a very different superhero movie landscape if he had got BF. He might have stayed on for 2,3 or 4 batman movies, maybe someone else would have got Spider-man while he was busy with the Batman franchise. I think things worked out for the best long term though, him getting Spidey and Nolan Batman, but it would've been great to see one Raimi BM movie.

Raimi could of done an awesome Batman. I wonder what it would of been like.

I don't consider 'Unbreakable' a super hero movie...to do so would be insulting to the genre...it's a mediocre thriller at best

I don't consider 'Unbreakable' a super hero movie...to do so would be insulting to the genre...it's a mediocre thriller at best

....You consider Unbreakable an insult to a genre that's produced movies like Batman and Robin, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Barb Wire, Supergirl, and Steel?

....wow.

Unbreakable is still one of my favorite superhero movies.

Can't believe I didn't think of Unbreakable when thinking about superheroes created for the screen, it's probably my fav superhero movie.
Also, Robocop has to be one of my fav superhero movies and that was all new. I used to watch my bootleg tape of that over and over.Hancock, Robocop, Darkman and Unbreakable all fit the criteria for superheroes strictly speaking but then you have characters like the guys in the Matrix, are they superheroes? Maybe could be considered as such, the Matrix definitely felt like the way a comicbook movie should feel when I first saw it.

the superhero genre is no tight suit,cape,boots and oneliners.

....You consider Unbreakable an insult to a genre that's produced movies like Batman and Robin, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Barb Wire, Supergirl, and Steel?

....wow.

Barb Wire is an action movie based on a comic book...doesn't make her a superhero...it's in the same vein as Tank Girl....I actually liked Daredevil...the DD suit is one of the better translations of a costume in a CBF....I just never liked Unbreakable all that much

Barb Wire is an action movie based on a comic book...doesn't make her a superhero...it's in the same vein as Tank Girl....I actually liked Daredevil...the DD suit is one of the better translations of a costume in a CBF....I just never liked Unbreakable all that much

That's fair, I was just pointing out that there are far worse superhero movies out there than Unbreakable, so calling Unbreakable an insult to the genre is a bit much.

I personally like the film quite a bit. I think it's one of Shyamalan's better movies.

Raimi could of done an awesome Batman. I wonder what it would of been like.

He woild of had Gotham City look different, not have nipples on the suites, and cheesy lines, but the movie would of been light toned since thats what WB wanted Batman at the time.

That's fair, I was just pointing out that there are far worse superhero movies out there than Unbreakable, so calling Unbreakable an insult to the genre is a bit much.

I personally like the film quite a bit. I think it's one of Shyamalan's better movies.

Unbreakable is an amazing movie and I dont know how anyone, let alone a comic-book fan, could dislike it. Its easily the best made up super-hero movie, but I really enjoyed Hancock and Darkman too. I just hope the Hancock sequels dont go the way of the Darkman one's.

I'm happy Will and Charlize are returning, hope Bateman and the kid who played his kid is back as well, they were both great in the first movie.

I liked I am Legend:o. Hancock, not so much.

well its moving forward and everyone is on board.....

what Im thinking is that another pair of immortals, one killed the other and Hancock and everyone has to deal with that

I trust Peter Berg....he's become one of my favorite directors in the past few years

i will say again.

super fight + prince of bel air comedy = WIN (IMO)

I just hope they keep it one tone. And please, make him badass and still reckless. Just because he got better doesn't mean he can shake a habbit. It's a shame they went that way with him. I would still love to see a hard drinking lazy ass superhero.

I just hope they keep it one tone. And please, make him badass and still reckless. Just because he got better doesn't mean he can shake a habbit. It's a shame they went that way with him. I would still love to see a hard drinking lazy ass superhero.

Yeah a little Spiderman mix with Punisher(minus the killing) be great.

The 1st half of Hancock was good, then it all went boring for me.

Hope the sequel is more like the 1st part of the 1st film and not a yet-another generic boring superhero film.

I hope the other immortal is someone who lost his other half and went nuts because of it, they need to give Hancock a challenge and someone who cant be weakened would be a good one.

I hope they do a Zeus storyline, it would be cool. Have Hancock face off against Hades or other greek villians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"