Sequels Will The Writer Strike Affect The X-Men Films?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
They're all supposed to film this summer. The last time there was a writers guild strike, we wound up with X-Men: Origins. Now we might be looking at three films that have comparable quality.

New Mutants should be fine. We know Boone has been working on it for a while, so it should be good to go.

Deadpool 2 and Dark Phoenix may not be as far along to a finished script.

Origins was still bad with or without a writer's strike.
Besides wouldn't that affect the other Marvel and DC films as well, or are you just picking and choosing?

DP2 also starts shooting in June, so they're probably fine too. Films are going to be less affected by the WGA strike, since their scripts are done more in advance.

Dark Phoenix is already a stinker with Kinberg the only one writing it. And unlike his previous X-Men scripts, there's a possibility that he will direct the film so there won't be a person to course correct his shortcoming with the script. So yikes. I also don't see why Kinberg would stop writing especially if he's also producing and directing the film. The strike could last for years, and he'd be done with the script by October.

The other two won't be affected. I don't see any of these three films being affected by the strike. If they get a new release date , it would be for other reasons like late start of filming which is kinda the case as of the moment with New Mutants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"