Sequels X-Men Origins DVD's?

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Did you find the title of the upcoming Wolverine film "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" interesting? Expect a bunch of similar films. Not only the previously mentioned "Magneto," now "X-Men Origins: Magneto," but a slate of films, including a number of lower budget DVD releases based on geek-favourite characters.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

Personally, I don't like this idea at all. I hope it is not true.
[/FONT]

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

Personally, I don't like this idea at all. I hope it is not true.
[/size][/font]

Yeah I read that here: http://www.moviehole.net/news/20071127_xmen_spinoffs_direct_to_dvd.html

But I don't think FOX has the right to make those under the current contract. Maybe I'm wrong. If they can...more power to them. It's not like anyone is forced to watch them. IF they're good...great. If not then nobody will buy them.

Oh Fox. They never cease to amaze me.

Why? What is more idiotic? Making piles and piles of money or for them to stop making movies because a handful of internet fanboys feel they own the characters and are crying on the internet about how Wolverine is 3 inches too tall. LOL

Fox will continue to milk this franchise until it's dry and as long as people keep buying tickets. X-Men is their (Fox) most lucrative franchise of all time.

Fox will continue to milk this franchise until it's dry and as long as people keep buying tickets.

I would rather buy tickets for spin-off's, rather than DVD's. At least if the movie is released in cinemas they will have at least tried to make it good.

yea i mean name one good straight to video movie???

i personally would rather never seen another x-men movie again over seeing a whole bunch of crappy ones year after year.

If somehow they managed to make a great straight to video films, then I'd be all for it. But I have never seen a good straight to video film!!! :p

It would be cool if they did animated spin-off films though (like the Marvel animated DVD's), but like AD said, does Fox have rights for straight-to-dvd releases on their contract? I'll check with the studio on this, but not sure if they'll give me a clear answer.

The more I think of the idea, the more I hate it. I hope (and think) that's just a rumor. The only way I'd accept DTV, is if it was animated :p

I think this is all just stemming from that Juggernaut picture Carnahan posted. That cryptic message could've meant a lot of things. We'll see...

If done right, it may just be a really good idea. Besides, fans have been *****ing about how their favorite characters didn't get enough screentime in the movies anyway.

Interesting...Aside from Wolverine and Magneto...do you think its really going to happen? From what I've read...most aren't sure Magneto is still happening...

That could be an interesting way of introducing characters not seen in the films though...:huh:

Wait and see I guess...

If this is true, I hope they don't start with Juggernaut. I mean, in the movies, he's a mutant who looks to have no connection with Xavier... what's there to show?

If this is true, I hope they don't start with Juggernaut. I mean, in the movies, he's a mutant who looks to have no connection with Xavier... what's there to show?
Yep. Especially if he's still played by Vinnie Jones.

..we'll see.. DTV doesn't mean the dungeon as far as sales, anymore.. they could have some decent $15 million movies, with mostly capable unknowns and b-listers in the roles.. emphasize characters and not explosions..

...I have to admit I'm somewhat excited with the prospect of more X-Men...

...just depends on what direction they go in...

...WE all just have to wait and see...

...I'll take it as good news for now...

Ugh. Die X-Men Franchise :( I think I've officially moved on from X-Men...

Ign has X-Men: Juggernaut listed in the X-Men Movies Section...their calling it a possible spin-off...as far as actual news...basically everything we already know...nothing official.

Just surprised they listed as its a rumour.

Animated movies don't count. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"