World Will we ever see a post-crisis Superman movie?

Tony Stark

Armored Avenger!
Reaction score
Elements of post-crisis have been seen in Smallville, Lois and Clark, and Superman:TAS, but never in a movie and not in this movie either.

SR took the safe route, and I've come to accept that, and will hopefully enjoy it.

I still think at some point, we should see a post-crisis Superman on film.

Some of the things in Superman: The movie wooudl be incorporated into the Man of Steel Post Crisis continiuity.

We will see one once Singer has left and is done being to nostalgic with anything!

Some things I'd like to see post-crisis wise:

1.) Superman strain to do super feats. Like after saving that airliner, I'd like to see him winded.

2.) a battle ravaged Superman with bruises, cuts ripped costume.

3.) The emergence of Clark as a character, not the mild mannered reporter.

4.) Getting rid of the dumb power stuff, like turning back time by flying at the speed of light, the magic kiss.

Superman - The Last Son of Krypton (STAS) is post crisis.

Tony Stark said:
4.) Getting rid of the dumb power stuff, like turning back time by flying at the speed of light, the magic kiss.

Thats not even in Superman Returns.

The differences between the postcrisis and Superman Returns are pretty minor, not worth restarting an entire film franchaise for.

Tony Stark said:
3.) The emergence of Clark as a character, not the mild mannered reporter.

This is the trap everyone falls into. Thinking of Clark and Superman as seperate entities. They;re not. Superman is Clark and Clark is Superman. He is, in neither guise, any less trrue to himself than the other. Clark is the normalcy he longs to have and Superman is the duty that he has the responsibility to preform. Neither one is the "real" him, because they are both equally important aspects of his life. His conscience would never allow him to give up being Superman for any period of time, but he wouldn't be able to live without being Clark.

Kane said:
Thats not even in Superman Returns.

The differences between the postcrisis and Superman Returns are pretty minor, not worth restarting an entire film franchaise for.

Well not NOW, no. The time to restart was with the new movie.

But hopefully the Superman Returns sequels can be "nudged" into a more post-crisis direction.

They could. The only thing they could really change is Lex. He has an island to build an empire on in the end....

But I still think he'll be amazing enough in SR to not warrant a change, the critics seem to love him overall.

Everything else is the same and cant be changed. Superman's powers are pretty much at postcrisis levels in this film. He lifts the continent and throws it into space in the end....but it drains all his last strength, knocks him unconscious or kills him. That was Superman pushing his powers to the exteme.

Jonathan cant be brought back from the dead, but hes remembered with fondness in this film.

My theory is that Brainiac in the sequel will be similar to the TAS version since they are linking him to the Kryptonian Crystal tech from Krypton.

Nope, and thank god, cause post crisis sucks.

John Bryne's Superman certainly sucked. I noticed the Postcrisis started to get really good when they finally removed Bryne and revisited alot of Superman's Silverage roots.

I like the Post-Crisis Superman from STAS. I can't stand the Pre-Crisis power levels of Superman. It comes off very lame and cheesy, IMO.

Kane said:
John Bryne's Superman certainly sucked. I noticed the Postcrisis started to get really good when they finally removed Bryne and revisited alot of Superman's Silverage roots.

Exactly.

Kane said:
They could. The only thing they could really change is Lex. He has an island to build an empire on in the end....

But I still think he'll be amazing enough in SR to not warrant a change, the critics seem to love him overall.

Everything else is the same and cant be changed. Superman's powers are pretty much at postcrisis levels in this film. He lifts the continent and throws it into space in the end....but it drains all his last strength, knocks him unconscious or kills him. That was Superman pushing his powers to the exteme.

Jonathan cant be brought back from the dead, but hes remembered with fondness in this film.

My theory is that Brainiac in the sequel will be similar to the TAS version since they are linking him to the Kryptonian Crystal tech from Krypton.

For god's sake, I'm getting spoilers for SR in this ****ing forum. Get your head out of your ass and tag the ****.

WTF? Lex and the Island? It isnt a spoiler anymore. It was already leaked on network TV by Larry King a few days ago.

See i thought I'd get Superman II and watch that and the first one so I can follow things better in the new movie. Gahhh I don't know but to me they are painful to watch. Maybe it's because I've seen STAS, Smallville, and Lois and Clark but the movies are pure cheese. It was like watching the orginal Batman series. I want a Superman movie more along the line of STAS or something. Heck even the Superman from the Superman/Batman comics is a hell of a lot more interesting.

Darth Rockwell said:
See i thought I'd get Superman II and watch that and the first one so I can follow things better in the new movie. Gahhh I don't know but to me they are painful to watch. Maybe it's because I've seen STAS, Smallville, and Lois and Clark but the movies are pure cheese. It was like watching the orginal Batman movies. I want a Superman movie more along the line of STAS or something. Heck even the Superman from the Superman/Batman comics is a hell of a lot more interesting.

Yep, I agree.

Plus instead of Krypto it looks like we are getting a kid in the new movie. Over all from everything I've seen I have not been impressed. The only reason I honestly want to see this new movie is so I can see what Spacey does as Lex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"