Winner Takes it All....

Imo, watch snowpiercer with the lights dimmed, the cell phone turned off and out of view, and a bottle of red wine.

Then report back to us tomorrow :-)

This thread popping up again made me realize that I forgot to respond to this.

I did watch Snowpiercer (although a day later than planned) and I enjoyed it. The setting felt like it required a big dose of suspension of disbelief but that's what I gave it and it was a pretty unique ride.

1. Tdk
2. Cw

Was watching Score last night, documentary on film composing and scoring and the sections on both the original Superman and the TDK trilogy were outstandingly presented, in terms of what Williams and Zimmer brought to the films, already defining CBM's but the music as important a component as any performance or choice of shot or lighting.

To highlight, here is the scene from Superman where Clark realises his calling....

The music builds within the frame and compliments what we are feeling, it's such a beautiful scene from what I regard as still the definitive CBM.

Last edited:
Bumping for those who wish to add Endgame to the top or near top.....

10 BEST Superhero Comic Book-Based Movies of ALL TIME

This might change with Endgame or maybe they'll do a cheat and do Infinity War/Endgame like they did for the TDK Trilogy.

However, the last time I checked this list, Logan and Homecoming were on it but were knocked out for Black Panther and Infinity War.

We’ve had a few released since I made this thread, so any CBM’s since 2016 that have been added to everyone’s lists? ….

10 BEST Superhero Comic Book-Based Movies of ALL TIME

This might change with Endgame or maybe they'll do a cheat and do Infinity War/Endgame like they did for the TDK Trilogy.

However, the last time I checked this list, Logan and Homecoming were on it but were knocked out for Black Panther and Infinity War.

giphy.gif

If I have to pick the absolute winner of my "THE" ultimate no.1 great superhero/CBM movie, I pick "Space Sheriff Sharivan: NEXT GENERATION" (2014)

Following the classic Sharivan from the 80s era, the modern era of Sharivan was just hit me in all categories and how much this character particularly has been my idol, my first hero since I was child. This is the movie which reminded me of why I love and looked up the most to this hero.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"