Greatest Cinematic Experience....

Mandon Knight

We did it......
Reaction score
If you can, appreciate it's hard, but is there one cinematic viewing above all that defines or stands out for you as the most complete cinematic viewing experience and the reasons behind it.

For example, above and beyond, its seeing the original Superman (1978) in the cinema as a young boy, it set me up as the film maker I am today, made me want to be the film maker I am, is and to this day is my favourite superhero, the score, the experience, those scrolling titles, Reeve performance and the feel of it all as a child was just magical. To this day, I can remember my Dad taking me and the special time I hold dear to me.

Last edited:
I remember seeing the first Star Wars movie during its initial run back in the '70s. I remember the feeling of exhilaration when the theme started and the words started to scroll by. Then the Star Destroyer flew by and I was hooked. Sat there in wide-eyed wonderment for the rest of the film.

Jurassic Park and Gravity.

I was too young to see the greats like Jurassic Park on the big screen.
For me, the best theater experience I've ever had was when I saw the Avengers for the first time.

Seeing The Dark Knight opening weekend in IMAX is still the high watermark for me.

Though I have a feeling The Force Awakens might eclipse it in December.

Jurassic Park - First movie I saw in theatres.

Avatar - Epic visuals and good enough characters for what it was trying to accomplish. My Star Wars, natch.

The Dark Knight Rises - I had a blast trying to figure out where all the trailer shots would fall. Enjoyed the full-circle effect and the tight pacing.

Game of Thrones - The cinematography in "Watchers on the Walls" is near the high watermark for the fantasy film genre, perhaps eclipsed only by the battle for Helm's Deep. Worth noting that I cared about all the main players in this one, wildlings and Night's Watch.

Beauty and The Beast when it first came out as it is my earliest movie memory in theaters. That started my life long love affair with film.

Reactions: CJ
I still remember the clothes I wore when I saw The Dark Knight. I haven't been as excited for a movie before or since. July 20th 2008 was a big day for me.

Last edited:
Imagine being a dinosaur-obsessed eight year old sitting in the front row watching Jurassic Park for the first time.

Empire Strikes Back. I was never the same after that movie. It had a profound impact on me. I thought it was amazing.

The Return of the King - I went to the all-day event which showed the extended versions of FOTR and TTT before. It was a lengthy experience, but well worth it. They handed out these cool plaques that had pieces of the actual film from each of the three movies.

Batman Begins - It was a toss-up between this and Batman '89, but I went with Begins because I just find it to be an overall better film. More importantly, it's a better Batman film, in that it's actually ABOUT him and not the villain. I saw it on a (real) IMAX screen and it was fantastic to see my favorite superhero return to his former glory after Schumacher destroyed him.

Man of Steel - Went to the midnight show and just had an absolute blast. The crowd was really into it and the place was packed. Most people clapped at the end. So anyone who tells you that "everyone" hates the movie is full of sh**.

The Dark Knight

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

The Dark Knight Rises in 70mm IMAX and Gravity in IMAX 3D

Seeing The Dark Knight at 3AM opening day and experiencing the ending of The Dark Knight Rises.

The Dark Knight Rises - For some reason the premiere felt very nostalgic. I did end up seeing the movie in theaters for seven times lol.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - Went to the premiere with my best friend after years of hype about the original cast of our childhood coming back. We cried and laughed and really enjoyed the experience with other fans, then we went to see it again two hours later. DOFP i saw eight times in theater, breaking my older record. And no i don't usually do this with movies, but these two i just kept going and going.

The Return of the King will always stick in my memory.

The Dark Knight. Truly an unforgettable experience for me. The hype was on a whole other level.

The Avengers midnight screening is still the best cinematic experience I've ever had, bar none.

It was my first midnight screening so that was exciting enough, but there was a roided-out guy completely painted green and in purple shorts, there was a kid in an Iron Man mask, a guy dressed as Cap, etc.

Then to top it all off I freaking loved the movie, I cried with laughter during the "puny God" scene, and then everybody cheered at the end. Don't think I'll ever have a better experience.

LOTR FOTR - First time in a swanky IMAX theatre event - cost a fortune to me at the time, but well worth it.

Jurassic Park very close. But the whole premiere thing of FOTR and being a huge Tolkien fan swung it.

I was hoping I could add Justice League to this particular list.... :csad:

The St. Louis Symphiny live scres to or 3 movies per year. The first I went to was Psycho which was incredible, hearing all of those strings played lived synced with the film. A few years later I saw ET. The music was typically played great but they Also did a much better job at separating out the rest if the sound track and arranging the surround sound in the concert hall. A great performance, but the film itsrlf hit me like a freight train. I had seen ET numerous times but hadn't in almost 10 years. Coming back to it, U had a completely different perspective on the film. My own age and experience unlocked the perspective of the Peter Coyote character for me, whomId never really understood. Suddenly instead of being the ultimate childhood fantasy, I was with the government agent, looking back at childhood. Even shesides all that, the "flight across the moon" scene, with the livemusix swelling drove me to full on tears. I was blubbering. It was so unexpected. The end of the movie? Sure. Right there in the middle, right before the orchestra took an intermission, I was caught off guard.

Weird move to nectomance a 2 tear ild thread to complain about a movie you haven't seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"