Winter Olympics 2018 Pyeongchang

So it looks like they overhyped the heck out of Nathan Chen. Absolutely folded under the pressure and he'll be lucky to make the top-10. He'll need to get mentally tougher if he hopes to win in 2022.

It is his first Olympics.
You never know how you are going to deal with the pressure until you are actually facing it.

It is his first Olympics.
You never know how you are going to deal with the pressure until you are actually facing it.
That's why I always thought it was a mistake by NBC to hype him up so much, especially with his limited international experience. Sometimes you get teenagers like Chloe Kim this Olympics and Mikaela Shiffrin in 2014 who can handle it or you get ones like Chen who falter on the big stage.

Speaking of someone who was a bit overhyped, Lindsay Jacob Ellis......damn

She's won nearly every world championship since 2005 (except for 2009 and 2013 due to injuries) so it just seems that the Olympics are the big hurdle she just can't overcome.

She's won nearly every world championship since 2005 (except for 2009 and 2013 due to injuries) so it just seems that the Olympics are the big hurdle she just can't overcome.

Really? That sucks. In that case, she came into today similar to former American sprinter Sanya Richards-Ross prior to London 2012.

Jacobellis, one word.

World champ in 05, 07, 11, 15 and 17. Winter X gold in 03, 04, 05, 08, 09, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16. Olympics shouldn't even be an issue for her at this point. She did snag a silver in Turin, though.

Mens figure skating results

Gold - Hanyu(Japan)
Silver - Uno(Japan)
Bronze - fernandez(Spain)

Apparently that Spain’s first ever figure skating medal. Wow

Another day of poor results from the Americans. Believe that's now two days without winning a medal.

Another day of poor results from the Americans. Believe that's now two days without winning a medal.

It doesn't matter because America is one of those countries that is proud of their Olympic athletes no matter if they medal or not.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter because America is one of those countries that is proud of their Olympic athletes no matter if they medal or not.
Just like with any other team I support, I can still like the team while also being a bit critical of their overall performance/results.

Last edited:
OMG, mortifying wardrobe malfunction in the ice dance. On Canadian TV, they were silly enough to show it in slow mo before cutting out.

If it were me and I practised for years for that one moment to win a medal and my dress broke...I would skate with my boobs out, no question.

Some sportsmen/women take drugs to stop the nerves so they don't get the jitters. Apparently the Russian took it to stop his hands shaking at crucial times.

Ice dancing results:

Gold - Canada (virtue/moir)
Silver - France
bronze - USA(Shibutani)

Mens Hockey update :

USA 3-0 Slovakia 2nd 5m

That Ice Dancing final was simply stunning. Virtue and Moir are the GOAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"