Endgame Winter Soldier/The White Wolf - Bucky Barnes

You guys do see that the title of the show is The Falcon and The Winter Soldier... Bucky can still have his redemption without the shield. Heck, Bucky can still end up using the shield. Its 6 hours of plot I'm sure we'll have a few surprises and a lot of fanservice. Both of these guys were Cap in the comics and just so happens BOTH of these guys are in a show together.

Edit.... 6 hours. Not 60 hours.

Last edited:
Anyone else think that it would be cool if they had Bucky adapt the US Agent moniker?

latest

Without the mask probably

Nah, that would be at best sideways if not a step back. US Agent has, fundamentally, always been about "I wish I were Cap, but I'm not and never will be, because I'm a dick". Bucky would be better off just staying the Winter Soldier, at least that we he can go "I am the world's deadliest assassin, only free to serve a just cause".

Does anyone else here think that the great offscreen chemistry between Stan and Mackie played a role in Disney greenlighting this show?

Last edited:
Does anyone else here thinks that the great offscreen chemistry between Stan and Mackie played a role in Disney greenlighting this show?
It def didn't hurt. Many folks would pay to just see those 2 hang out.

I think people definitely enjoy their chemistry and I look forward to the publicity tour.

Nah, that would be at best sideways if not a step back. US Agent has, fundamentally, always been about "I wish I were Cap, but I'm not and never will be, because I'm a dick". Bucky would be better off just staying the Winter Soldier, at least that we he can go "I am the world's deadliest assassin, only free to serve a just cause".
I have already made a turn on Sergeant Barnes, he has had is redemption. Wakanda has adopted him as their White Wolf.
I just don't see given the current state of the MCU where that America says "welcome back, we need you as our shining beacon wearing the red, white and blue"

It doesn't really make sense for him to continue going by Winter Soldier, considering that moniker is a well-known assassin and all.... but I don't like the "White wolf" either, it feels kind of unearned... Wakandans were leery about Everett Ross, I think they'd be more than a bit untrusting of a formerly brainwashed hydra assassin, especially one who looks as shady as Bucky, lol

It doesn't really make sense for him to continue going by Winter Soldier, considering that moniker is a well-known assassin and all.... but I don't like the "White wolf" either, it feels kind of unearned... Wakandans were leery about Everett Ross, I think they'd be more than a bit untrusting of a formerly brainwashed hydra assassin, especially one who looks as shady as Bucky, lol
However their king already has spoken on the matter.

Anyone else think that it would be cool if they had Bucky adapt the US Agent moniker?

latest

It's possible, however I think it's very unlikely. Even in the comics Bucky never wanted to be Captain America. He felt he could never truly messure up to the standards and leadership Steve set. Heck Sam struggled with that as well in the beginning when he welded the Shield.

I'm very curious to see how this will be addressed in the series.

latest

I’d rather he stayed as The Winter Solider or took on The White Wolf. We can always get a different US Agent down the line if someone wants that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"