Witchblade The Movie

I'm not saying she's perfect but Ashley Greene is starting to look more and more like a potential candidate for the role of Sara.
Her look alone is just to spot on for Sara for Top Cow and Arclight Films to not at least call her up for a test for the role. And she does have the momentum of those Twilight movies on her side too so she isn't a complete unknown.

fjzuxx.jpg

1673387.jpg

2urx9hf.jpg

v2zewm.jpg

DAYUMM!!!
2pqrmdi.jpg

....No thanks. She just looks too young and she looks so 'in her own world'. She has such a blank stare. Im not saying she isnt hot, she is, but just, no.

Marc Silvestri Gives Witchblade/The Darkness Update!

Q. Rumor has it, you've recently been ironing out details for The Darkness movie. Can you tell us who's involved with the film and when we might see a release date?

A. I get yelled at a lot when I talk about this stuff! I'll just say that yes, we're in development, and we do have castings and a studio attached. It's going to be a big-budget movie, but that's all I can say as far as details go. I'll just say that if it's done the way we want to do it, it will look a lot different than films that are out there today. It'll be groundbreaking.
I'll also mention that we're going to be getting some of the best writers out there to do this. Witchblade is another title that has moved pretty far into pre-production right now. With both of these — really, with everything we put out at Top Cow — we want to take our time and make sure we don't do anything that's going to be detrimental to the property.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2009-11-12-image-united-silvestri-st_N.htm

....No thanks. She just looks too young and she looks so 'in her own world'. She has such a blank stare. Im not saying she isnt hot, she is, but just, no.
I no but they aren't looking for anyone in their thirties either.

I'm still pulling for someone like Vanessa Ferlito getting a role like this. She is looking especially hot as of late. And has been channeling Sara's look a lot. :awesome:

2h7h02a.jpg

2a8iwzp.jpg

Not the best pic of Ferlito, but I do agree that she'd probably be a good fit for Sara Pezzini. I loved the mess outta her in Death Proof.

Here's a better pic from the Inglorious Bastards premiere

2aflrao.jpg

And more
2s92c6o.jpg

And her looking very sara P like
wiwyol.jpg

Last edited:
Witchblade and Darkness Movie Updates!

Q. Rumor has it, you've recently been ironing out details for The Darkness movie. Can you tell us who's involved with the film and when we might see a release date?

A. I get yelled at a lot when I talk about this stuff! I'll just say that yes, we're in development, and we do have castings and a studio attached. It's going to be a big-budget movie, but that's all I can say as far as details go. I'll just say that if it's done the way we want to do it, it will look a lot different than films that are out there today. It'll be groundbreaking.

I'll also mention that we're going to be getting some of the best writers out there to do this. Witchblade is another title that has moved pretty far into pre-production right now. With both of these �€” really, with everything we put out at Top Cow �€” we want to take our time and make sure we don't do anything that's going to be detrimental to the property.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2009-1...vestri-st_N.htm

I take back what I said about Ashley Greene. I love her. Shes the only Cullen in Twilight I love. With that being said, I still think shes a tad too young for this role.

See Darkness can be a really fun and visceral crime/horror/fantasy if they hook it up and don't play it the wrong way.

See Darkness can be a really fun and visceral crime/horror/fantasy if they hook it up and don't play it the wrong way.
True dat! I really hope Channing Tatum doesn't screw it up. :cmad:

I take back what I said about Ashley Greene. I love her. Shes the only Cullen in Twilight I love. With that being said, I still think shes a tad too young for this role.
Me too! I heard that they where looking for someone in their early twenties because they need someone who isn't going to be in there forties by the time the third movie comes out.

So I think Ashley would be fine age wise. She looks older than she is also so I could see her playing a 25 year old with the right make up. And think about people in that age range I can only think of like two who they might consider that would fit the part: Megan Fox (please God no) or Mila Kunis (not a bad choice either) but Top Cow was told they needed someone in that age range by Arclight Films (the distributor and production company making the movie).

That being said of those listed I think Mila Kunis would probably be the best choice for Sara. She has been playing bad ass roles rather well and the new movie with Denzel Washington Book of Eli

Looks sick

She reminda me more of Lara Croft

^Wow your right!!! Hmmm...

Vanessa Eliza Ashley or Megan could be good depending on the script and if they want a more mature looking Sara or someone who's a bit more fresh faced.

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to go with anyone who is in their 30's though so they are the only ones really that they could go with that have enough notoriety.

Adrianna looks hot,and Hathaway still doesn't.

Anne's hot, but in a more elegant way.

Adrianna looks hot,and Hathaway still doesn't.
Adrianna has more of that classic and obvious hot look

but I still think Anne looks like sara and actually could play the hell out of her character AND is just as hot IMO as Adrianna. That being said I think that Adrianna is a really good actress too (not on Anne's level of corse) but she is probably who they are likely to pick considering the budget (35-45 million) and the fact that she's not a complete unknown either.

So what are the chances that Top Cow casts Jessica Beil as Sara and Bradley Cooper as Jake because of thier already withstanding relationship with them because of The A-Team?

Probably not likely. Just being in a movie together doesnt mean they will be cast in another one together.

Anyways, is this movie even still happening??

But it doesn't hurt either. It was kind of a joke too.

But yeah I like to think there's a possibility. The rights to the movie are now gone from the production company however that was producing it last year, but it could be renewed easily. That being said I think well see a Witchblade movie as soon as another superherione has a film that does significantly well then they will probably put a fire under it and try to make it.

Eh, but then you can say that for any movie. Their situation isnt better than any others.

And i hope what you say is NOT true. God knows how long we have to wait to get a successful female superhero movie, unfortunatly. I dont think they have to wait for that.

I'm just saying a quality movie that has a rather good budget. Witchblade has a chance to be the first to break the mold but it's unlikely studios will have enough faith in a female super hero property to fund it. Maybe her badgirl/anti-heroine image makes her more taboo and less like the average superheroine and that makes them want to invest kind of like a female Hellboy or Blade. That being said a Witchblade movie wont be nearly as expensive as most superhero films because Witchblades origin is rather grounded for a super character.

So true. And I actually think starting off with a character like Witchblade wouls be great. The general audience is so used to seeing this campy crap like Catwoman and seeing such a tough, raw, gritty character like Witchblade would be amazing and would prove not just male superheroes are bad ass.

Good point. It's a low risk move on the part of the studio and it could (if made right) make a bigger profit then some of the more big budget blockbusters coming out these days.

Anyone else think Dimension Films would be a good place for this film to be distributed by?

I still think Vanessa Ferlito would make an awesome Sara!

2ynklj4.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"