Witchblade The Movie

Lyndsay Fonseca; I mentioned her in the WW boards also but I think she is more tailored toward Sara to be honest.

b6wqxs.jpg

What do you think?

Grr. I thought there was some news about this!

The actress looks barely old enough to vote let alone be a cop.

lol here's some actual news on the project. ha!

Platinum Studios (Cowboys & Aliens) is at the forefront of turning comic-related material into successful feature film and television projects. I talked with Dan and got some updates on Witchblade, Unique, Dylan Dog and much more.
Platinum Studios was founded in 1997 by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg following a successful career in the comic book industry as creator and head of Malibu Comics. At Malibu Comics, Mr. Rosenberg produced popular and innovative comics lines, including the Men in Black comic book, which he later brought to Columbia/Sony Pictures to become a billion-dollar entertainment franchise.

The studio controls an international library of comic book characters from all over the world, which it adapts, produces and licenses for all forms of media including print, film, online, mobile / wireless, gaming, and merchandising. Platinum Studios' library contains more than 5,600 characters spanning a full range of genres and styles. Platinum has film and television projects established at every major Hollywood studio, including Disney, DreamWorks SKG, MGM, Miramax, New Line Cinema, Sony, and Universal.

Dan Forcey has served as Platinum Studio's Vice President of Content Development since January of 2007. Prior to that, he served as Platinum’s Communications Manager from December of 2002, coordinating their public relations efforts and managing multiple websites for the company. Prior to and during this tenure, Dan has also been a stuntman, fight choreographer, and teacher of movement and stage combat and is a world-recognized expert in fencing and swordfighting.
(Information courtesy of Platinum Studios corporate page)

As their bio states, Platinum Studios has quite a lot going on right now. I got the opportunity to talk to Dan Forcey about where some of these projects are at.

Bryan Kritz: Tell me a little about yourself and how you got from stunt person to VP at Platinum Studios?

Dan Forcey: Scott Rosenberg and I got introduced by a friend I went to college with back when I was still doing stunts. We hit it off and I ended up helping him out on a few projects in various capacities. I designed some websites for him, I ran a "Save Jeremiah" write-in campaign (Jeremiah was the 35 hour maxi-series Platinum had on Showtime), developed an ARG for their book "Unique", and a ton of other things. Eventually, he asked me to come on full-time and, after saying no about 12 times, he finally convinced me it would be easier on my aging body to make movies than to be in them.

BK: Are you still involved in any stunt work now?

DF: Actually, I dusted off my elbow pads and went to New Orleans last March to work on Dylan Dog: Dead of Night, Platinum's first independently financed feature. I worked with Eric Norris and even got to take over for him for a short period towards the end of the shoot. Was fun to do it again for a bit, but I was certainly reminded why (in the immortal words of Roger Murtaugh) I'm getting too old for this @#$%.

BK: Speaking of Dylan Dog, when will it be released both in the U.S. and abroad?

DF: Abroad it will be released in various territories in the fall. I believe first in Italy on October 29 of this year. We're not sure yet when it will come out in the US yet, as we haven't even begun shopping it around to distributors. We’ve been talking to several studios, but wanted to make sure we had the best product possible before showing it to anyone. Frankly, when independently financing a movie like this, the more you do on your own, the higher price you can charge the studios when getting domestic distribution. Just look at movies like KICK-ASS, which reportedly cost somewhere around $20M to make and then sold to Lionsgate for a reported $42M. It’s the formula a lot of independent movies are going these days.

Dylan Dog is a penniless nightmare/paranormal investigator who deals with all sorts of things that go bump in the night, which includes vampires, werewolves and zombies. The original comic was first published in Italy where it still has a very large following.

BK: That comic has a huge following in Italy and some story changes have taken place. The two most notable are a location change from London to New Orleans and his sidekick has changed from Groucho (an actor "stuck" in character) to Marcus Adams. How are those changes being received by Italy and the Dylan comic fans in general

DF: Honestly, there has been a lot of unhappy fans, and I totally understand that. First and foremost, I’m a big geek and I’ve loved comics since I was a kid. If someone took my beloved Legion of Superheroes and set it in the present, I would be upset, too. I understand how people who have grown up with Dylan and Groucho living in London feel. That being said, there’s the practicality of the movie business. We tried for years and years to set up this movie and no studio wanted to make it, so we found a way to do it ourselves. That meant the movie would get made but also meant we had to operate under a budget. We couldn’t afford to shoot in London nor could we afford to pay the rights fee we would have had to in order to use Groucho’s likeness. We think we made great compromises in the creation of Marcus, who I think very much embodies the spirit of Dylan’s sidekick. He still throws Dylan his gun and serves as the lighter side of the dark, brooding Dylan. When capturing the spirit of London, we also thought New Orleans was the only city we could choose. It’s a dark, romantic city steeped in history much like London. We’ve also layered in tons of “easter eggs” for the fans that only true Dylan-philes will pick up on. We very much want this to be something true to the comic that fans will love and embrace the same way fans of Iron Man embraced the changes Jon Favreau made to that.

BK: Cowboys & Aliens is the big tentpole feature you are working on but Platinum has many comics in some form of production for live screen adaptations. What can we expect to see next after that? Has anything been talked about for the future with the same budget or magnitude at this point?

DF: We've got several other projects right behind this, so it definitely won't be the last time you see us. We've got Unique at Disney and just got in the latest script from Dan Wilson and Dave Gilbreth which is fantastic. We've also got Atlantis Rising with Len Wiseman attached to direct at Dreamworks with Kurtzman and Orci producing. That's one of the few projects Dreamworks brought with them from Paramount when they left, so we're confidant they intend to make it. Other than that, we've got a handfull of TV projects around town that are moving forward nicely, like Metadocs at the Syfy network. Suffice to say, for a small company like us (small in relation to Marvel and DC, that is) we're pretty darn busy.

Atlantis Rising takes a different approach than the usual "lost city under water." Instead, seismic disturbances at sea force the military to investigate the deepest realm of the ocean, and an underground civilization emerges to wage war with Earth. Unique centers around the extraordinary life of Jon Geoffries. Convinced all his life that he was schizophrenic because of strange visions of another world, Geoffries learns that he is actually seeing the Earth's twin, a parallel world in another dimension, and that he is Unique; one of few people with no doppelganger in the other world... and the power to move between them at will and lastly, Metadocs is about a secretive wing of a large urban hospital that treats injured superheroes.

BK: What involvement does Platinum have with Top Cow in the new Witchblade adaptation. Where is the movie at and have any casting decisions been made.

DF: Platinum works with our partners at Top Cow to develop all of their properties for film and TV (at least those that are not creator owned, like 'Wanted'). We’ve been working very hard with writers, producers and directors to come up with the right mix to bring alive 'Witchblade' for the big screen. I can’t say much more about it right now other than we should have some really exciting news to announce in the next few weeks about that project.

BK: Platinum has the Macroverse for their own comics to give characters the potential for crossover. Is that being discussed with any of the film projects?

DF: We’re definitely working on that. It makes it a bit easier when you’ve got multiple projects at the same studio. For example, those sort of crossovers don’t really become possible when you’ve got Unique at Disney and (even though they both come from the Macroverse) Atlantis Rising at Dreamworks. However, there are definitely possibilities when you’ve got two projects at the same studio, like AR and Cowboys & Aliens (both at Dreamworks).

I wish more forward movement would happen on this project anyway my newest crush and love for the role of Sara is from the new movie Skyline and also was a series regular on NCIS and littarally looks just like Sara! Her name is Scottie Thomas
[YT]ZtDPY69tlds[/YT]
I mean just in that clip you see she's athletic and beautiful at the same time. very good fit for Witchblade.

and did I mention she looks just like her
6fbk8w.jpg

2vsivb6.jpg

Not huge on that suggestion. I really think so far even though shes out of the age range probably, that Rhona Mitra is by far one of the best suggestions, followed by Vanessa Ferlito. Sarah, to me should be the way Micheal Turner and co. made her. Very european looking, especially in the skin tone. I love how she wasnt just a regular white chick, you can tell by her skin that shes some sort of european.

Rhona isn't THAT far out of age range but she is rather old. I do believe she would be the most idea of choices though and agree with you.

Rhona isn't THAT far out of age range but she is rather old. I do believe she would be the most idea of choices though and agree with you.

I bet nothing that this movie will never see the light of day. The dream will die a painless death eventually.

^Sad but true...

Which could be a good thing because it could be a major load of crapola if ever realized by the wrong people.

and what do you think about Jill Wagner (Blade: The Series) or Michelle Monaghan (Eagle Eye)???

imgmichelle%20monaghan1.jpg

Jill%2BWagner%2B2.jpg

Bye

Last edited:
Now that Smallville is over I would love that Lois Lane herself, Erica Durance would have a better chance to play either Sara Pezzini or Lara Croft in Tomb Raider.
Eds10.jpg

I like her for Sara but think she's better suited/has the look for Lara more.

Evangeline Lilly is another contender for Sara she has the acting ability and the intensity to play her.
Evangeline%2BLilly%2Bas%2BKate.jpg

bad manip I did with Mila Kunis as Sara in a teaser post type thing
milablade3.jpg

What do you think of her as Sara?

I really don't ever see this happening, even though i'd love it.

The Anime was cool though.

What's the tv show like? i've heard good things, but i just can't get passed that ****ing CRAP costume.

If this movie ever gets made,I'll be interested in seeing it.

I really don't ever see this happening, even though i'd love it.

The Anime was cool though.

What's the tv show like? i've heard good things, but i just can't get passed that ****ing CRAP costume.

I actually think it could still happen in about three to four years after the success or failure of the Witchblade video game they're coming out with. By then my new favorites like Evangeline Lilly and Jill Wagner will probably be over the hill for the role but Mila and Olivia Wilde would still be contenders also Jennifer Carpenter is another that will be prime around that time to take a female lead such as that.

And the WB TNT show was really good and can be viewed on Youtube here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzJJEZs-4QE
Anyway I want redeem myself for the god awful manip I did above so here's a still I made of the phantom WB movie, should it ever get made that is.

witchbladestill2.jpg

Her name is Missy Peregrym she is an actress who plays a cop on Rookie Blue.

Finally after years of development hell forward movement!
Marc Silvestri Updates on The Darkness, Witchblade and Think Tank Films

As we continue to see fan-favorite superheroes dominate the big screen, we shouldn't forget about some of the smaller companies and characters that are on their way to a feature adaptation. Among those are Top Cow's The Darkness, a series that began in 1996 and is still running to this day and has even crossed over with the likes of Batman, Superman, Wolverine and The Hulk. Previous film adaptations of the property have been set up at Dimension and other production companies, but it has long lingered in development without any actual movement on production. Speaking with Unleash the Fanboy, Marc Silvestri, co-creator and CEO of Top Cow Productions, offered an update on the current status of the film, which has some exciting talent attached.

"We’re partnered with Len Wiseman on The Darkness film. It’s over at New Regency, which is on the Fox lot. We’ve gotten one draft of the script and we’re working on that right now. It’s going to happen. Witchblade is in the Darkness film. Originally she was going to be in there as an easter egg for the fans, who would know: hey, that’s Sara Pezzini, that’s the Witchblade.'

"The more we went along with the story, and the great thing is, the studio supports this. Len loves this, which is great because Len loves The Darkness, and that’s what you want on your team. He knows more about The Darkness than I do. He’ll say, oh, remember when this happened in this issue, and I’ll go, ooooh, why yes, I do. He’s awesome, his enthusiasm is awesome. Obviously, he’s this talented director, so we’re really excited to have him In there.'

Silvestri elaborated on the appearance of Witchblade in the script:

"As we were going along, it just made more and more sense storywise to have Witchblade in there. I’m not going to spoil too much more, but it makes perfect sense. First we were kind of worried, how do you, two origins, but it started to come together. It started to make more and more sense. We’re excited about that, that’s a big project that we’re working on right now."

Silvestri also spoke about a film adaptation of Matt Hawkins and Rahsan Ekedal's Think Tank, which is also in development.

"We have TV things that are going on, other movie projects going on. Think Tank, we’re developing that as a feature film. Today it’s all about making things happen in comics, and then working for the extra gravy that could be in other media. But our first love is comics, and I’ll always tell people that I dip my toes in all forms of entertainment, from gaming to TV and film, and there is nothing that is more satisfying politically and more directly, without any filters between the creator and the end product, than comic books. We’ll always be a comic book publisher, we’ll always make comic books, and if we do something over and above that, you know the media games, whatever, great."

What do you want to see in a film of The Darkness? Sound off below!
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111946

Too bad this will never happen.

Horror anti-heroes just can't get a break these days.

Spawn
Blade
The Darkness
Witchblade

I'm surprised Red Sonja is getting made. Hopefully if it's semi successful interest will be reignited in these projects. I think that terrible and problematic Hellboy reboot really didn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"