The Amazing Spider-Man With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on my radar. I'm gonna wait and see if Betheseda is able to cure the recent plagues in Skyrim with their upcoming patches...if not, this is one game I will overlook.

I have no doubt the game is epic but I'd rather wait until they can get the bugs out before I buy. Besides, I have a bunch of other stuff I am looking to get in the next couple of months. AC Revelations, a couple of Vita games (MvC3, Uncharted Golden Abyss), so my plate is full and my wallet will be empty :woot:

I'm sure I'll eventually get Skyrim but hopefully by the time I do it will be bug-less.

Watching Thor...seriously, this is for sure one of my favorite movies. Top 5 no question.
Marvel studios kicks ass and takes names :D

Saw musical last night, review in Spidey World, although as a fan there were some detractors and I wish it could have been longer - overall, it was a really amazing experience that I want to go see again. Spider-Man was all over the theater and the acrobatics were amazing. Simply made me feel like a kid again. I almost cried when Uncle Ben died too, no musical has ever done that to me before, the reboot is really gonna have to go leaps and bounds to one-up it.

You're saying the reboot really needs to step up it's game to one-up a musical?

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

You lucky mofo, I'd DIE to see the musical. Even despite the negative reviews I've heard it get, everyone admits that is flat out dazzling. You could tell they broke the bank on it.
Question though, did they still have that song in it about shoes or did they take it out with they 'turned off the Taymor'?

Uncle Ben's death was beyond poetic.

Peter is in his bed mourning the loss of his Uncle, singing Rise Above. Arachne descends behind him with her cue in the song. The back portion of the stage opens up to the funeral to see a lot of people in attendance. Very gothic and somber looking. Almost like a scene out of a Batman movie. Aunt May goes to Ben's coffin but breaks down in tears, Mary Jane comforts her. Peter mourns in his room alone, he decides to become Spider-Man to become the man his Uncle would want him to be and rise above it. The scene was just perfectly choreographed and the mis en scene was beyond amazing. Definitely the most poetic take on Uncle Ben's death. It just struck a chord. I'd say visually - as perfect as 'Death Sentence' with Kevin Bacon. That scene just really got it right.
There were some pacing problems in the second act, although the first act was awesome, then it picks itself back up again and rises to heights no one would see coming. You can kinda see why there were so many accidents, just very very dangerous work. But it all really came together. Not up with Spidey 2, not a repeat of Spidey 3, I'd say just a tad below but quite close to Spidey 1 - on par with Iron Man 2 overall.

That shoe song is completely out.

Last edited:
I was wondering if the musical will continue till next July or March/April? If yes, I would love to see that tho.

Don't knock it till you've seen it dudes. The reboot's gonna be awesome. But that part with Uncle Ben's death, in my mind, really set a new standard because you got a sense of how alone Peter felt in that moment and how dark and trying a moment it really was. I mean, imagine the burden of having to deal with your Uncle's death on top of feeling like you're the main person responsible behind it. And having to choose on your own how to right the wrongs you believe you made. Also how isolating that would be. I mean, he can't tell anyone... It just, somehow managed to capture it exactly right. Sure Spider-Man is usually light, but that moment has got to be pretty dark.

I think it's going to go on for a while, still selling a lot of seats.

If I had a chance to go to New York again and see something on Broadway I'd rather see Garfield in Death of a Salesman.

Awesome didn't know he was going to be in a play, supposedly from March to July of 2012. Hopefully I'll land a NYC gig by then. Also another coincidence - in the hotel, none other than Nick Fury kept talking about broadway on a small elevator TV. As it turns out Samuel L. Jackson is in a stage production right now too.

Don't knock it till you've seen it dudes. The reboot's gonna be awesome. But that part with Uncle Ben's death, in my mind, really set a new standard because you got a sense of how alone Peter felt in that moment and how dark and trying a moment it really was. I mean, imagine the burden of having to deal with your Uncle's death on top of feeling like you're the main person responsible behind it. And having to choose on your own how to right the wrongs you believe you made. Also how isolating that would be. I mean, he can't tell anyone... It just, somehow managed to capture it exactly right. Sure Spider-Man is usually light, but that moment has got to be pretty dark.

I think it's going to go on for a while, still selling a lot of seats.

Mhm, that pretty sounds good. Damn cant wait to go to NYC next year! How much does the ticket cost?

Depends on the section, but main seats are around 125 to 150 each, then the way way way back seats are 85. Got the flying section. Most of the flying and everything was going on around us, but really - Spider-Man webslings his way everywhere. So everywhere in the house is gonna be a good seat. Thought that was a very clever decision on the director's part. Everyone gets to see Spidey up close.

Last edited:
Depends on the section, but main seats are around 125 to 150 each, then the way way way back seats are 85. Got the flying section. Most of the flying and everything was going on around us, but really - Spider-Man webslings his way everywhere. So everywhere in the house is gonna be a good seat. Thought that was a very clever decision on the director's part. Everyone gets to see Spidey up close.

Now that sounds really good. Okay, I am sold XD

I am an adventurer to be
Nikki, the time to congratulate you on reaching 1,000 posts is near :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"