The Amazing Spider-Man 2 With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha great post man! Despite the hangover. Which I didn't sense at all.
Yeah I think it's human to fear rejection. And I too care what other people think, but I've learned that you can't live their lives, you gotta live yours. To take care of yourself first, and more importantly, love yourself.

I'm definitely being patient as I have a bunch more to learn (as we all), and I'm glad I'm heading in this direction.

Cheers for exchanging words.

Edit : to add, it's a bit more tough for me personally because I grew up a perfectionist. I think I always will be.

Thanks a lot man! :)

You're definitely on spot with that. That's a very healthy mindset. If you love yourself (in a good way) and accept who you are as a person, it makes it also easier for others to love and accept you.

Cheers! I think this year will be a great one for most of us! :)

Thanks a lot man! :)

You're definitely on spot with that. That's a very healthy mindset. If you love yourself (in a good way) and accept who you are as a person, it makes it also easier for others to love and accept you.

Cheers! I think this year will be a great one for most of us! :)

It will be! :yay:

If you have a twitter account, follow these guys. They give out great motivational stuff.

www.twitter.com/TheDailyLove

Then that makes us too. I totally get what you mean with that! Well, just be patient with yourself and be proud of yourself for every progress you make! We people aren't static, there are always possibilities to learn things and evolve :) As you have done! :up:

I feel too, as part of personal growth, that I care less about what people think of me. You can't be perfect in everyone's eyes. I mostly care about what people who matter for me think of me. Obviously, I care what others think too, but I also know that if someone can't accept me for who I am without being patient enough to actually get to know me better, it's not a big loss for me.

I too fear of being alone or rejected, but with the "quality over quantity" mindset, I don't feel alone with fewer but really good friends.

I'm a shy guy, because in some way I too fear of being rejected (which now makes me sound like a hypocrite given what I just said), but that's more in the immediate moment. Over time, I've become less and less shy. I've learnt to embrace the many good sides of me and accept that my shy side can have its charm as well.

EDIT: I'm extremely hangover so that might tell why some of this doesn't make sense haha!

I'm not sure I've ever said this but Oz, you're one of my favorite posters on this site. Always such good insight and shy guy or not you sound like an awesome dude. Happy new year to you and your family! Take care.

Lots of love in this thread today...I like it.

I'm not sure I've ever said this but Oz, you're one of my favorite posters on this site. Always such good insight and shy guy or not you sound like an awesome dude. Happy new year to you and your family! Take care.

Lots of love in this thread today...I like it.

You can't imagine how happy that makes me to hear (read)!! I've said this before, but it never hurts to repeat this: you've always been a favourite poster of mine here! Always level headed, down to Earth and very, very kind!

Thank you and happy new year to you and your family too! :woot:

I have the fear of being rejected too. I'm in a really bad spot, I want to be more social and stuff, but man, nothing really beats some good ol alone time for me. It sucks.

I have the fear of being rejected too. I'm in a really bad spot, I want to be more social and stuff, but man, nothing really beats some good ol alone time for me. It sucks.

Nothing will ever beat being alone. It's therapeutic. You get to reflect with just you and your thoughts. I enjoy it too.
Just practice small talk at first. Then make your way up.

Man, I'm getting annoyed by all The Superior Spider-Man whinning that's still going on. It's almost 30 issues in and people are still only focusing on the intial premise of the entire thing. That's the only criticism I've seen thus far when it comes to this series, people say that then follow it up with "Its poorly written/Dan Slott is a hack" without providing any evidence as to why that is. Let's not pretend that The Superior Spider-Man isn't the most interesting and consistent thing to come out from Spider-Man in a long while, at least concerning 616 Spidey. I honestly hope there's one day a Superior Spider-Man movie, it could be pretty interesting. I fail to see how Doc Ock and Peter switching minds is anymore stupider than the existence of someone such as Madame Web. Comic book fans (at least the purists) let their emotions get the best of them way too often.

Man, I'm getting annoyed by all The Superior Spider-Man whinning that's still going on. It's almost 30 issues in and people are still only focusing on the intial premise of the entire thing. That's the only criticism I've seen thus far when it comes to this series, people say that then follow it up with "Its poorly written/Dan Slott is a hack" without providing any evidence as to why that is. Let's not pretend that The Superior Spider-Man isn't the most interesting and consistent thing to come out from Spider-Man in a long while, at least concerning 616 Spidey. I honestly hope there's one day a Superior Spider-Man movie, it could be pretty interesting. I fail to see how Doc Ock and Peter switching minds is anymore stupider than the existence of someone such as Madame Web. Comic book fans (at least the purists) let their emotions get the best of them way too often.
:funny:
Yes, yes, yes, and very much yes, truth
And I hate Madame Web, and the cartoon version is the worst

I was never crazy about Madame Web, but "Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut" is a fantastic storyline. One of my favorite Spider-Man comic books from the 1980s.

Nothing_Can_Stop_the_Juggernaut.jpg

I thought this story is a bit overrated
I have to check it out again

Not sure, I didn't see it the awesome thing many Spidey readers say it is
Maybe I won't think that way when I read it again

Seeing Spider-Man take down the Juggernaut was great. This villain was no doubt a huge "unstoppable" threat and he managed to stop him, at least temporarily. The final battle was actually quite exciting, and I could see it happening in a live action movie (that is if Sony had the rights to Juggernaut of course).

They might make him do similar stuff with R.H.I.N.O.

That would be pretty cool. Though in this comic he "defeats" Juggernaut by getting him to fall into cement.

Nothing will ever beat being alone. It's therapeutic. You get to reflect with just you and your thoughts. I enjoy it too.
Just practice small talk at first. Then make your way up.

I've got some really nice friends, so I'm fine there. But now since I just got accepted into RIT, woot!, I'm gonna have to start making new friends when I get there. Ya know?

I got accepted into my first picked school for my first picked program. I'll be going to RIT for Game Design and Development.

Maybe you can be the one to finally make another amazing Spider-Man game.

I've got some really nice friends, so I'm fine there. But now since I just got accepted into RIT, woot!, I'm gonna have to start making new friends when I get there. Ya know?

I got accepted into my first picked school for my first picked program. I'll be going to RIT for Game Design and Development.
Congrats man. That is awesome. Well I say just go for it. Drop the shyness, forget the consequences!

Maybe you can be the one to finally make another amazing Spider-Man game.
Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"