The Dark Knight With the info we have, how would YOU make this movie?

That-Guy

Avenger
Reaction score
Okay, I'm really, REALLY hyped for this movie and since the official announcement along with the other rumors, I've been running through a lot of scenarios in my head as to how I'd make this sequel if I were Nolan. Here's what I think. Feel free to add your own ideas.

Let NOTHING fall by the wayside.

At the end of Batman Begins, we learn that someone has committed an armed robbery, killed two people and left a Joker card behind. Now, with this information, it sounds as if the Joker is already at large. However, we have recently been told we'll see the Joker's origin and he won't become the Clown Prince until the middle of the film. Thus, unless The Dark Knight film begins before the end of BB, the Joker most likely was not at large yet at the end of the first film. So how do we explain this? I would have a group of crooks going around committing various crimes in clown make-up or masks at the beginning, then have them dupe a desperate, broke young comedian into helping them out. They eventually get cornered in a chemical plant by the cops and Batman, then the comic takes a leap into the chemicals. When he emerges, he is hideously disfigured and is driven insane. He breaks into a plastic surgeon's home and forces the man to remake his face into the look of a clown, in an effort to pay pseudo-homage to this gang of thugs, whom he then goes to take revenge on.

Also, there is the issue of Rachel. I know a lot of people here either want her to be killed off or simply replaced, but with the end of BB, it wouldn't make sense that she'd just disappear, particularly if Harvey Dent has a key role (we'll be seeing a lot of the D.A.'s involvement in the plot). So I think she should still be around, just not as a love interest. Perhaps Bruce and her still have pent up feelings for each other though, which could complicate things when Bruce meets his NEXT love interest, who, IMO should be one of the following:

1. Talia al Ghul
2. Selina Kyle
3. bear with me on this one... Harleen Quinzel

Talia would be a great addition... as far as we know, the League of Shadows still exists whether Ra's is dead or not. They'll need a new leader. Perhaps Talia could show up as some sort of international business woman or something (and obviously not use the last name al Ghul) who Bruce becomes involved with... little does he know she's in town for vengeance over her dear old dad. It could create and interesting dichotomy if she becomes conflicted over her love for Bruce and for her father.

Selina would be great, though I fear we won't see her, thanks to that awfull Halle-Cat movie that damned the Catwoman legacy forever. Still, anything's possible, and she is Batman's "Lois Lane," for the most part.

Okay, let me start by saying that I HATE Harley Quinn, but there were rumors that Emily Watson was being considered to play her, and as Quinnzel, the demented psychiatrist and not the goofy jester she eventually turns into. If the character is taken seriously, I wouldn't mind her in the film... particularly if she develops a romance with Batman/Bruce Wayne and all the while has a secret infatuation for the Joker. THAT could create a very interesting situation.

Okay, I'll post more ideas later... tell me what you think about my views, and what yours might be.

I would do it so that you find out midway throught the movie that Ledger was a young comedian who was forced into doing something illegal to support his young, pregnant wife. During the gassing of the narrows something goes wrong and he's blasted with an insane dose of fear gas (and can still fall into chemicals or whatever). He emerges as the Joker.... killing people and being on the loose in the passage of time between the finale and epilogue of Begins. I would introduce Harley into the story as an intern at Arkham and fans recognize who she is and what she becomes as Joker is brought to Arkham at the end of the movie (Change her name though, PLEASE! Harleen Quinzel? How about Harriet Quinn or something a little more realistic?)

Haha, yeah... Harleen Quinzel is a really stupid name. But then, so is Oswald Cobblepot... but if they make him a British, then the name doesn't sound quite so silly... it sounds more upper class, elitist, etc.

I don't think Harleen Quinzel name is silly, the name descides how she is.

To each his own... but would you want her in a sequel?

there are several things that I want to see....
1) I want to see a better 2nd half for the movie. BB was a great movie until Ras showed up to Gotham. Give me a better ending with a better mechanism.
2)Update the suit. During Burton's movies the suit was getting slimmer and slimmer. Then BB the suit got big again. I'd also like to see the cowl and cape become attached and not have the the cape clasps.
3)Joker being deviant....dancing around a museum..nope...this guy should be on a killing spree.
4)Batmobile...keep the tumbler but let's make it a little more bat-ish
5) Show Batman fighting....why create a badass martial art for him if you arent gonna show it off.

ok here goes how I would make TDK.

I would make it a story about batmans obsession in catching the serial killer known as the joker, and the movie would span 5 years, from the moment he got the card at the end of bb, to the very end when he catches him.

have it start with batman taking down a whole mob operation with a big action scene then questioning a gangster about the joker, then we can see him retreat to his new improved batcave and he can have like a wall of evidence dedicated to the joker, and in the middle is the card the first piece of evidence hes got.

It seems that the joker has been killing seemingless random people, at random times, and batman is looking for clues as to who this man is, why hes doing this and looking for a pattern, the movie would then be for the first half a big detective story, with batman using his skills at forensics, chemistry and PI work to find clues. we see that bruce is obsessed with finding the joker.

This investigation takes us through everything from the mob, to the police force, to the mayor. so batman seeks help from harvey dent and gordon, who i would show a bit of their inside life working on this case, such as gordons probs with his wife (always away) so he takes shelter from his turbulent life at home in the arms of his new partner sara essen, dent is also being consumed by this case, and it shows with him being verbally abusive to his wife and letting his anger controll him.

soon as they find out clues from this mans past, we could see the flash backs of a nameless man working for the mob, a crazy terrifying guy, who takes pleasure in the hits he does for the mob, (think jude law in road to perdition) he is also very stylish and artistic takes pride in appearance, he views murder as an artform (sorta like batman 89 just a bit more amped up) and hes a brilliant ace player in cards, so much that he leaves a calling card when he makes a kill to get a reputation, its a stupid thing to do but hes young. He could also be a cold killer hitman, think vincent from collateral, very good with a gun, cool and calculated, but he takes pride in his kills and he finds it all a big joke.

we could see him have some sort of tiff with the mob and they could attack him and sorta torture him and dip him into bleach. then maybe joker could kill the people responsible and steal their money, hence the murder referenced in batman begins. After batman, harvey and gordon find this out, they find out that "joker" has been targetting the penguin, who is the new head of the mob after falcone. (please bear with me) so they take down penguins goons and batman takes down penguin, they question him about joker and they put him in protective custody using him as bait for the joker. of course joker attacks in a very cool way, taking down dozens of police officers using boobie traps and brutality, he is fast deadly and then we take a look at him, menacing and evil, penguin and joker are locked in a room and they converse, which i think would be cool, penguin trying to be tough yet backing out from a fight all the while insulting this clown, while joker is playing mind games with him, batman takes him down and fights him, after a brilliant battle of wits and smarts and ass kicking with jokers speed and tricks vs batmans mind and brawn, batman prevails and sends him to arkham.

then we can see more from dent and gordon and their respective wives ala the long halloween, and we can see jokers time in arkham and how he is now obsessed with the batman, we could also see a look at life in arkham with all the crazy people from the narrow now in here. making his whole life about the bat and confessing it to the shrink aka harleen quinzel, she falls in love with him and allows him to escape.

Then joker does some mass murder and calls out batman, batman is shocked that by letting joker live hes allowed all these people to die, so he goes to his parents grave and tells them he will make his first and only kill, then he goes to face off with the joker. joker can shoot and kill sara and kidnap gordon and batman can go and face off with him and take him down in a final fight where batman proceeds to beat him to death (like in hush) but gordon stops him by pulling his gun on batman telling him its not right, the film can end with a court case with a great scene between joker and dent, with dent prosecuting joker courtroom drama style with joker ending up pulling a trick out of his sleeve and throwing acid in dents face. it can end with a sad godfather esque montage of gilda by dents side, gordon being promoted to commisioner with fanfare and the last shot is bruce crying at his parents grave.

BOOM! damn i shoulda wrote a fan fic.....maybe i SHOULD what you think fellas my treatment of how i would do TDK

Sharkboy said:
ok here goes how I would make TDK.

I would make it a story about batmans obsession in catching the serial killer known as the joker, and the movie would span 5 years, from the moment he got the card at the end of bb, to the very end when he catches him.

have it start with batman taking down a whole mob operation with a big action scene then questioning a gangster about the joker, then we can see him retreat to his new improved batcave and he can have like a wall of evidence dedicated to the joker, and in the middle is the card the first piece of evidence hes got.

It seems that the joker has been killing seemingless random people, at random times, and batman is looking for clues as to who this man is, why hes doing this and looking for a pattern, the movie would then be for the first half a big detective story, with batman using his skills at forensics, chemistry and PI work to find clues. we see that bruce is obsessed with finding the joker.

This investigation takes us through everything from the mob, to the police force, to the mayor. so batman seeks help from harvey dent and gordon, who i would show a bit of their inside life working on this case, such as gordons probs with his wife (always away) so he takes shelter from his turbulent life at home in the arms of his new partner sara essen, dent is also being consumed by this case, and it shows with him being verbally abusive to his wife and letting his anger controll him.

soon as they find out clues from this mans past, we could see the flash backs of a nameless man working for the mob, a crazy terrifying guy, who takes pleasure in the hits he does for the mob, (think jude law in road to perdition) he is also very stylish and artistic takes pride in appearance, he views murder as an artform (sorta like batman 89 just a bit more amped up) and hes a brilliant ace player in cards, so much that he leaves a calling card when he makes a kill to get a reputation, its a stupid thing to do but hes young. He could also be a cold killer hitman, think vincent from collateral, very good with a gun, cool and calculated, but he takes pride in his kills and he finds it all a big joke.

we could see him have some sort of tiff with the mob and they could attack him and sorta torture him and dip him into bleach. then maybe joker could kill the people responsible and steal their money, hence the murder referenced in batman begins. After batman, harvey and gordon find this out, they find out that "joker" has been targetting the penguin, who is the new head of the mob after falcone. (please bear with me) so they take down penguins goons and batman takes down penguin, they question him about joker and they put him in protective custody using him as bait for the joker. of course joker attacks in a very cool way, taking down dozens of police officers using boobie traps and brutality, he is fast deadly and then we take a look at him, menacing and evil, penguin and joker are locked in a room and they converse, which i think would be cool, penguin trying to be tough yet backing out from a fight all the while insulting this clown, while joker is playing mind games with him, batman takes him down and fights him, after a brilliant battle of wits and smarts and ass kicking with jokers speed and tricks vs batmans mind and brawn, batman prevails and sends him to arkham.

then we can see more from dent and gordon and their respective wives ala the long halloween, and we can see jokers time in arkham and how he is now obsessed with the batman, we could also see a look at life in arkham with all the crazy people from the narrow now in here. making his whole life about the bat and confessing it to the shrink aka harleen quinzel, she falls in love with him and allows him to escape.

Then joker does some mass murder and calls out batman, batman is shocked that by letting joker live hes allowed all these people to die, so he goes to his parents grave and tells them he will make his first and only kill, then he goes to face off with the joker. joker can shoot and kill sara and kidnap gordon and batman can go and face off with him and take him down in a final fight where batman proceeds to beat him to death (like in hush) but gordon stops him by pulling his gun on batman telling him its not right, the film can end with a court case with a great scene between joker and dent, with dent prosecuting joker courtroom drama style with joker ending up pulling a trick out of his sleeve and throwing acid in dents face. it can end with a sad godfather esque montage of gilda by dents side, gordon being promoted to commisioner with fanfare and the last shot is bruce crying at his parents grave.

BOOM! damn i shoulda wrote a fan fic.....maybe i SHOULD what you think fellas my treatment of how i would do TDK

Very cool stuff, man. I like how it draws from The Long Halloween and some other stories. Only thing I'd change would be the 5 year thing... that's just a little too much of a timespan for a superhero movie (that isn't an origin story), and I'd add a love interest for Batman (either have Rachel come back or introduce Talia or Selina) and show an origin for the Joker. But all in all, it's a very solid story. Good stuff.

yeah im not too sold on having a love interest for bats for some reason, i think it would take away from the obsession he has for catching joker, but on the other hand i would love to see him take on the problem of him wanting to balance his batman with his love life still optimistic that he can have a life and save gotham only to have him transform into a pessimist, and seeing it as a never ending war and giving up on a real life.

oh and i think the 5 year thing is kinda bull too it can easily be crammed into a year or two.

Understandable about the love interest thing... it's not so much that I feel Batman needs one, it's just that in a film like this if you establish romantic relationships for some of the supporting characters and yet the central character doesn't have one, it tends to feel off, for some reason. But I do really like the "obsession" angle... it ties in very well with the comics. I love that one scene in The Killing Joke where Batman is at the Bat-Computer researching the Joker and all the screens are flashing "UNKNOWN." You can just feel the tension and frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"