The Dark Knight Rises My idea for a good series

spideyman101

Civilian
Reaction score
Here's my ideas about how the series should go...

BATMAN BEGINS
VILLAINS:
Ra's Al Ghul
Scarecrow

LOVE INTEREST:
Rachel Dawes
THE DARK KNIGHT
VILLAINS:
Scarecrow
Joker
Two-Face

LOVE INTEREST:
Rachel Dawes

Scarecrow is captured and put into prison with a life sentence.

Joker is captured and hung in front of a spotlight for a temporary batsignal until the one that Gordon destroyed is fixed. He is then sent to Arkham.

Two-Face is "created" thanks to Sal Maroni and he is now the big villain of Gotham.

NOTE: Selina Kyle is introduced in this film (as a minor character). Rachel is killed by Joker (via Barge scene).
SHADOW OF THE BAT
VILLAINS:
Two-Face
Joker
Catwoman

LOVE INTEREST:
Selina Kyle/Catwoman

Two-Face manages to be captured and sent into Arkham.

Joker (with no makeup, just his scar) sits in Arkham until one day he breaks out. He, with all his makeup, return to haunt Gotham. Joker at the end of the film breaks back into Arkham and murders Jonathon Crane.

Love by day, hatred by night. In the day Bruce and Selina date, but by night Batman and Catwoman fight. Not knowing that they're lovers until the end of the film. Catwoman is a criminal and acts as such. Finally, at the end of the film she is thought to have died, but we learn she's secretly alive...

NOTE: Due to Bruce's discovery of Selina being Catwoman, he now has no lover.
THE CAPED CRUSADER
VILLAINS:
Joker
Catwoman
Black Mask

LOVE INTEREST:
Vicky Vale

Joker is still alive and kicking, and Batman makes his last attempt to rid Gotham of Joker. He finally does something that no one could think Batman could do... he kills him in cold-blood! Or so he thinks... Joker lives, miraculously, to fight another day. But for now he stays in hiding.

At the end of the film she reveals herself to Batman to be alive! Catwoman notices his newfound love for Vicky Vale and immediately begins to fight Batman with crazed hate more than before! She is, however, killed by her own hate...

Black Mask, a new villain in town, doesn't end with a villain's sad story. Instead he gets the ownership of half of Gotham's crime-wave! Gotham, after all Batman's hard work, is now considered a criminally owned city!

NOTE: Bruce and Vicky stay lovers.
GOTHAM KNIGHTS
VILLAINS:
Black Mask
Two-Face
Bane

HEROES:
Nightwing

LOVE INTEREST:
Vicky Vale

Black Mask's evil reign over Gotham continues. He even breaks Two-Face out of Arkham and tries to make him his "vice-president" of Gotham. Two-Face, however, has different plans... Black Mask is killed by Nightwing.

Two-Face is set free by Black Mask, but he turns his back on him and starts his own crime syndicate and goes head-on against Black Mask. Two-Face is killed by Bane near the beginning of the film.

Bane is Black Mask's new main thug and he uses him to hunt down both Batman and Two-Face. Bane kills Two-Face and then goes after Batman. He almost kills him!

Batman is almost killed by Bane, and he goes to recover in Wayne Manor. The new resident of the mansion, Dick Grayson (who also leads a secret double-life, as Nightwing) tends to Bruce.

NOTE: Dick, in secret is a vigilante named Nightwing, while Bruce is Batman. Neither of them know the other's identity though...

Midway through the film Dick discovers Bruce's identity of Batman... Dick, finally at the end of the film reveals himself to be Nightwing.

BIG NOTE: Dick cannot stay in Gotham long, so he can only help Batman get Gotham straight before he leaves...

NOTE: Talia Al Ghul is introduced, and Ra's Al Ghul (Liam Neeson) is rumored to have been seen by Nightwing.
THE LEGEND OF BATMAN
VILLAINS:
Joker
Man-Bat
Ra's Al Ghul

HEROES:
Nightwing

LOVE INTEREST:
Vicky Vale
Talia Al Ghul

Joker rises to the top again, surprising Batman to even be alive! Joker's antics are this time over the top and worse than before. He clearly has lost it completely! This time Joker is scarred worse than before and looks 100 percent worse. Joker meets an end as he is hung by himself in an act to end his insanity!

Man-Bat, is a mutated version of Batman that both Batman and Nightwing battle.

At the end of the film Nightwing decides to patrol the east side of Gotham, while Batman takes the west.

Ra's Al Ghul appears before Batman giving him the fight of his life. Ra's again tries to destroy Gotham, but again fails. This time he flees back to Japan to focus his energy on another city...

Love escapades ensue as Bruce attempts to love both Vicky and Talia (whom he knows nothing of the connection between her and Ra's). Tragedy strikes as Talia is discovered to be the daughter of Ra's... Vicky discovers of Talia and then walks out on Bruce. Bruce then decides to keep loving Talia even though she's his enemies daughter...
THE DEATH OF BATMAN
VILLAINS:
Riddler
Mr. Freeze
Bane

LOVE INTEREST:
Talia Al Ghul

Batman now faces the enemies of Gotham by himself, as Dick Grayson has moved on. Riddler is now a new threat for the city as well as Mr. Freeze. Both fight The Dark Knight mercilessly.

Bane also shows himself back up, and in this final Christopher Nolan Batman film, he kills Batman...

Dude no way, batman wouldnt die!! I like that nightwing idea alittle though, id make nightwing a more darker character with a darker story to him

Those are bad ideas because Christopher Nolan said he'll only do a trilogy.

Sorry

Sorry, but those are all really, really bad ideas.

7 films?

lol

Christopher Nolan will only do a trilogy. If you think he will stay on until 2023 still making Batman films you're out of your mind. And Christian Bale will be as old as Harrison Ford by then :funny:

Batman 3: Shadow of the Bat

Villains
Two Face
Catwoman
The Joker & Harley Quinn

Batman confronts Harvey Dent, transformed in a psychotic criminal known as Two Face, burglar and lover Selina Kyle, and a blood thirsty Joker with the help of Harley Quinn.
Two Face wants the Joker and Batman dead, Batman for unknown reasons, but at the end we know, so builds himself a costume and starts a plan tofinnish with them, with some help of the Riddler, a world wide known hacker. The Joker sits at the Asylum as the asigne him a new psychiatrist, dr. Harleen Millerr.
In the east end a new dark soul emerges, the Catwoman, a jewel thief with a spot in her heart that makes her somehow an anti-hero that sometimes serves as vigilante. Her alter ego, Selina Kyle is a rich socialité that dates Bruce Wayne, both fall in love. The Joker scapes with the help of his psychiatrist, who turns his side kick, Harley Quinn. Two Face finds the Joker, and attempts to kill him, but the clown manipulates him and makes his rage for Batman grow, so they plan to kill everybody at the Wayne Manor anual masquerade party, leaving Batman a trail to follow and then set him a trap, so they kill him. Batman and The Catwoman discover their identities, and together go to the trap prepared by the Joker and Two Face.
Two Face kills The Joker, and shots Batman, Harvey removes Bruce's mask and reveals his identity, Batman gets strenght and kicks Two Face, Harvey realizes he's a menace for the city and suicides. Bruce and Selina kiss.
The End
`
So bad Heath died, now this would be inpossible :csad:

God, no... :o

As bad as many many many Hollywood writers are...

Me personally, I feel that the series should take this approach after the 2nd film.

3: Shadow of the Bat

More about Harvey Dent's slow decay into criminality as he seeks revenge on Maroni. Also about Selina Kyle's decay into criminality as she seeks revenge on Two-Face. Batman now faces an all out war in Gotham.

4: Gotham Knights

Penguin (not the campy, umbrella version, but a mob boss version) has taken rule of half of Gotham as Maroni rules the other half (in terms of mobs). Penguin and Maroni fight and Two-Face joins sides with Penguin against Maroni. Eventually the two of them take down Maroni and then Two-Face betrays Penguin. Due to confusing politic-like issues, Two-Face takes Penguin's position as mob boss of Gotham pretty much making Penguin a stepping stool for Two-Face. This film also introduces the origin of Dick Grayson and by the end of the film he becomes Robin and helps Batman occasionally (note: occasionally). Robin, btw, is a darker version of what we all know and love.

5: The Dark Detective

Two-Face's rule has come to an end as Batman and Robin fight him. But a new threat is on the horizon: Bane (a revamped, redone Bane, not a Schumacher Bane!). Batman now has to try and protect Robin from Bane as he tries to save himself! Also arisen as a minor problem is Black Mask. Robin is upset at Batman for being so overprotective and he leaves him and becomes Nightwing and now protects another section of Gotham.

6: Knightfall

You know the story. Bane releases Two-Face, Black Mask, Riddler and hires a new character Mad Hatter who all attack Batman. Bane breaks Bruce Wayne's back and Nightwing comes to the rescue and saves Batman. All the villains are brought to justice; Bane is killed, Two-Face is put in prison along with Black Mask and Riddler is placed in Arkham. Mad Hatter goes missing. That's my short version of Knightfall.

7 - 9:

Will be about Batman protecting one end of Gotham and Nightwing the other. Occasionally they run into Catwoman and we introduce new villains like Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Killer Croc, Man-Bat and Poison Ivy and we even bring back some old villains.

All in all, I want Nolan to make it to a 6th so he can do Knightfall! I don't see Knightfall happening before 6.

I think the biggest problem, and I think people need to star realizing this, is that movies aren't comic books, they aren't television shows, no, they are full, feature length films! Almost every single idea I've read for a series has that problem. Looking at yours, you treat it almost as if these are normal comic books you pick up at your local store. Think about it, there are multi-million dollar productions that take YEARS to make. Now, in all honesty do the math. Nolan has already spent more than 6 years on the first two films alone.

Now, assuming he'll do a third film, that would be 11 years (give or take) of his life spent on a franchise. Let's say, that things go how you want them, and he makes his movies all the way up to number six. That would be more than 20 years spent on a single franchise. I don't think any director, no matter how in love with the character and the lore would ever devote that much of their lifetime to a single movie series. Even beyond that, any producer, and most people in the movie business will tell you that this series outline is simply ridiculous. Most likely, they would cramp in movies 4 and 5 into one, 6 actually does have the potential for its own movie, I'll give you that, and 7-9 would almost certainly get squished into one.

Even going further, the most obvious choice a studio would go with is to make those movies into animated straight to DVD features, sort of like what we are getting with the new TDK anime.

Ignoring all of that, I do have somethings to say. Personally, I never want to see Robin in this Batman franchise, nor do I wanna see the unrealistic villains such as Freeze, Clayface (unless we are referring to the original Clayface), Croc, Man-Bat or Poison Ivy (though that could be made to work). My view is that after the third Nolan movie, we should end it as HIS trilogy, leave it. Remember what happened with the Star Wars prequels? Do we want something like that happening to Nolan's franchise? I don't. What I want to happen is, after the third film, there shouldn't be a Batman film for at least a good 5 years or so. After that, what I would like to see done is the franchise taken in a new direction (unless more interesting stories are made that can work in the Nolan-verse). There are two options I would love to see, the first being a very down and dirty, gritty crime story, low budget, almost giving it an independent movie vibe, kind of like what Frank Miller had going on in the Year One script. An alternative which I think also has great potential, is to do a very comic faithful movie, mostly amongst the lines of the O'Neil/Adams era. That I could totally see working as a film.

That's my little rant and views on how the Bat-franchise should go. What I don't wanna see is another Batman & Robin.

I like the title Dark Detective but, I think two face's story is stretched on to long.

I agree with everything Spider-Bat said. Movies aren't comics. They're not these never-ending saga's that span decades. And what you certainly can't do is try and literally adapt these bloated story-arcs like Knightfall that ran over dozens of issues and featured so many many characters. Cause in a film, you can't build off of pre-established characters you know from earlier comicbook issues. You have to introduce each one, give character depth and development and emotional arcs and even if you had 20 movies, you still wouldn't be able to fit in everything the way it was done in the comics.

I'm not advocating a typical Hollywood "dumbing down" of the source material, but these kinds of movies have to keep it relatively simple. It's a hard enough balancing act with two villains in one movie, let alone the five you're suggesting in movie 6, as well as two lead heroes and god knows how many supporting characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"