WOLFMOTHER Saves Rock

DV8

Band Loser
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has heard of this band . . . but they are the product of what I would imagine would occur if Led Zeppelin, The White Stripes and Black Sabbath had a crazy orgy that resulted in a freak offspring known as WOLFMOTHER.

If anyone has been craving a band that blends crunchy, monstrous riffs in the tradition of 70's psychedelic rock like no band since Zeppelin, you must buy this disc.

They're out of Australia, and quickly building rapport for their rep here in the US, and their CD is only like $10 right now . . .

I know that I've felt that rock has been steadily declining since the good 'ol grunge heyday . . . and if you feel the same, WOLFMOTHER just might answer your prayers . . . :up: :up: :up: :up:

Zep, Stripes and Sabbath?
Sounds like I might have a new favorite band.

DV8 said:
I don't know if anyone has heard of this band . . . but they are the product of what I would imagine would occur if Led Zeppelin, The White Stripes and Black Sabbath had a crazy orgy that resulted in a freak offspring known as WOLFMOTHER.

If anyone has been craving a band that blends crunchy, monstrous riffs in the tradition of 70's psychedelic rock like no band since Zeppelin, you must buy this disc.

They're out of Australia, and quickly building rapport for their rep here in the US, and their CD is only like $10 right now . . .

I know that I've felt that rock has been steadily declining since the good 'ol grunge heyday . . . and if you feel the same, WOLFMOTHER just might answer your prayers . . . :up: :up: :up: :up:

THE THREAD TITLE IS VERY MISLEADING.......I WAS EXPECTING AN AMAZING STORY ABOUT A FEMALE WOLF MISTAKING DWAYNE JOHNSON AS ONE OF HER CUBS. :down:O

16068794.jpg

I'm a big fan of Wolfmother. I ordered their first album when it hit in Australia. I was really happy to see it finally get distributed in the States.

If you want to hear some of their stuff for free, head over to Pandora.com and search for Wolfmother.

Great band. I want to go see them on the 31st in Boston... I looked to get tickets like two weeks ago but they sold out. I was so pissed... the tickets were only $15.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Zep, Stripes and Sabbath?
Sounds like I might have a new favorite band.

Wilhelm . . . knowing you . . . :up: :up:

Do yourself a favor and buy the disc . . . the album art is adorned with Frank Franzetta artwork and all . . .

you can listen to one of their tracks on their website, but IMO it's one of the weaker songs on the disc, and it's still pretty good

Listening to "Dimension" right now. Your description was spot on.

So far, not entirely liking Dimension, though.

Cool, I'm gonna burn them on a cd right away lol

yeah . . . I'd really like to hear some of their other stuff if they have any, cuz as far as I know, they only have the one album in the US . . . if you need to download them to see what they're about, by all means download all you can!!!

My favorite song is probably "Where Eagles Have Been," but every song on the album is amazing. There is no filler whatsoever.

Drakon said:

if you're still early into it, I'm confident you'll feel different by mid-song . . . other faves of mine are "Where Eagles Have Been", "Joker & The Thief", "Colossal", and "Love Train" especially . . . but I must say, this is the only album that I can remember buying in which I loved every single song . . .

Slipknot said:
My favorite song is probably "Where Eagles Have Been," but every song on the album is amazing. There is no filler whatsoever.

HA! That's what I said :up: :up:

Hades said:
Cool, I'm gonna burn them on a cd right away lol

Maxim called them the best band since Nirvana . . . and even though it's Maxim, I still concur!!

DV8 said:
yeah . . . I'd really like to hear some of their other stuff if they have any, cuz as far as I know, they only have the one album in the US . . . if you need to download them to see what they're about, by all means download all you can!!!
They have a EP that has four songs that features "Dimension," "Woman," "Apple Tree," and "White Unicorn" which sound much more raw than than the versions on the full album. Also... "White Unicorn" is over seven minutes long on the EP.

DV8 said:
Maxim called them the best band since Nirvana . . . and even though it's Maxim, I still concur!!
Wtf i hate Nirvana lol

i've been meaning to check this album out for a while now...i really need to get around to it.

DV8 said:
the album art is adorned with Frank Franzetta artwork and all . . .

that makes the album worth buying even if the music ends up sucking!

I liked their single, sounds kinda like Soundgarden's Drawing Flies from Badmotorfinger

Motown Marvel said:
i've been meaning to check this album out for a while now...i really need to get around to it.

that makes the album worth buying even if the music ends up sucking!

hahahaha . . . good thing it ROCKS!! LOL!

Seriously, I feel like I'm transplanted into the 70's when I'm listening to it; without all the coke and afros . . .

Drakon said:

Hahaha, that sounds funny

"Listening to Dimension right now. So far, not liking Dimension", heh

DV8 said:
if you're still early into it, I'm confident you'll feel different by mid-song . . . other faves of mine are "Where Eagles Have Been", "Joker & The Thief", "Colossal", and "Love Train" especially . . . but I must say, this is the only album that I can remember buying in which I loved every single song . . .

Nah, I heard the whole song. Not bad, but just not me. "Woman", on the other hand, I really like.

DV8 said:
HA! That's what I said :up: :up:
Heh, nice. It's weird how I even discovered this band. I was on a torrent site about two weeks ago and I come across the "Wolfmother" album in the Metal section of the site. I clicked on it and saw all these comments calling the person who put the torrent on their a jackass and a moron for placing them in the Metal section. So I just decided to download it just to see what the big thing was about... I never expected them being good... and definitely not that good. I had never even heard of them before noticing them randomly on the torrent site.

Slipknot said:
They have a EP that has four songs that features "Dimension," "Woman," "Apple Tree," and "White Unicorn" which sound much more raw than than the versions on the full album. Also... "White Unicorn" is over seven minutes long on the EP.

You're right. The EP does have a different sound to it. And I think it's better.

My favorites of their songs so far are Apple Tree (which is the song that prompted me to order their album from Australia) and Woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"