• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels Wolverine, not a prequel?

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
In the recent interview from the front page of SHH Avi Arad said there is no news on an X-4 yet but, they will go ahead with the spin offs, including Wolverine which is a continuation.

So by saying continuation does he mean the Wolverine story will continue where X-3 left off? Or did he just mean the Mutant movies will continue but just in this way?

They really should make another X-men and soon, Lauren Schuller Donner said she wanted to make more with all the history that the comics have she said there's so much more to do.

They can't stop now, they just got better, with Singer gone, Ratner made an X-men movie that finally felt like the comic book!

It was going to be a prequel but, as i pointed out on here, the drama in the Wolverine story is him in the present day finally discovering the awful truth about his past. Not in us seeing the past, but in him still not knowing about it.

Wolverine movie or X-men 4 , which ever one comes first they better put Collosus in it and give him a descent role!! ( would a few lines kill???lol)

Avi Arad was most likely saying they will continue the X-films with those two movies. That doesn't mean it will continue the story, I bet it is a prequel.

sparky_parker said:
Wolverine movie or X-men 4 , which ever one comes first they better put Collosus in it and give him a descent role!! ( would a few lines kill???lol)
Hey Sparky!!!

colossus needs an accent also. Can they ever just bring these characters to life without fu-king thenm up like that?! I mean seriously, I was thinking about it last night. It's not that hard to see something and then say okay this is how it is, let's bring it to life, and with technology now there are no excuses. They made Lord of the Rings, 'Nuff Said!

He said in an interview "its a prequel, its not X4. Its gunna be different from the x-men films, its gunna look different, but that all I can say about it now,"

If it's a prequel - which is fine - it will give chance to see Sabretooth and Deathstrike again. Possibly.

Morgoth said:
Hey Sparky!!!

colossus needs an accent also. Can they ever just bring these characters to life without fu-king thenm up like that?! I mean seriously, I was thinking about it last night. It's not that hard to see something and then say okay this is how it is, let's bring it to life, and with technology now there are no excuses. They made Lord of the Rings, 'Nuff Said!

agreed! :up:

Super Flight said:
wolverine has been x1 x2 x3 and will be x4, lol

FOX Execs would have to be killed / FOX Destroyed / Bankrupt for them to not use Wolverine in anything X-Men. Hugh Jackman would have to be dead for them to not want to use Wolverine in any type of X-Men Movies. Hell I would not be surprised during the Magneto Movie if we dont see him or someone talk about Claws, Healing

I can see a wolverine & Sabretooth battle for the end of his movie. and Sabretooth telling Wolverine thats "Im your father." :eek:

Mar420x said:
I can see a wolverine & Sabretooth battle for the end of his movie. and Sabretooth telling Wolverine thats "Im your father." :eek:

That would suck major ass! As the non-comic reader audience would just say that it is a Star Wars rip off! lol

(They might as well get Sabretooth to chop off Logan's hand as well!!!) :)

avi arad is a liar, i wonder if hes even read a comic book.

I won't be checking this movie out, but I do hope its done well. Now thats in one character to focus on mainly, the CGI and effects can be off the chain. Kinda like Spiderman.

I think someone said it will be more graphic and maybe get an R rating. Although I think that might be a big risk for Fox.

Wolverine better have:
1. Sabretooth
2. Lady Deathstrike(Kelly Hu is contracted for another)
3. Omega Red

not in the same movie. we dont want an x-men version of batman and robin. and an r rating would be freakin awesome. i just kinda wish it was a continuation and not a prequel

Colossus will not get a bigger role because Cudmore is not really an actor or at least not really any good. That is why they limit his dialogue and screentime.

He was cast as a cameo in X2 for mainly looks. They kept him in 3 for continuity, but his skills don't warrant more than that.

I couldn't care less, after three Logan-centic movies, I have no intention of seeeing Wolverine. As far as I know its still a prequel and the "continuation" is just a continuation of the franchise, not this story.

According to the interview with Hugh Jackman in the June issue of Starlog:

-the Wolverine movie will be a prequel
-Brian Cox may possibly return as William Stryker
-They're interested in the origin stories, and Weapon X
-They do have an R-rated movie in mind, but considering how young the fanbase is, it probably won't be.

Judging from the interview, it's all up in the air right now--at least as far as they're willing to say.

But seeing how well X3 did this week, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Wolverine movie is going to happen SOON. :up:

Wolverine is a cool character and all and so is Magneto, but both are not going to make as much as any X-Men movie would. Wolverine may be the center of X-Men films, but I wouldn't say he's the reason people buy tickets. Magneto is cool, but I'd say he's only a big hit with us true fans. Other people are like "Oh, he's cool...but he's not the best"

FOX, LISTEN TO ME YOU PATHETIC SACKS OF MEAT!!!!!!!!

X4 WOULD DO SO MUCH BETTER AT THE B.O. THAN WOLVERINE AND MAGNETO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MONEY IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT THIS FRANCHISE, RIGHT?!?!?!

If Brian Cox is in the Wolverine movie I may be a little intorested in it. I like that actor. The Magneto movie could be intoresting if done right. They still won't do as well as an X4 would though.

TrailerMusic said:
FOX Execs would have to be killed / FOX Destroyed / Bankrupt for them to not use Wolverine in anything X-Men. Hugh Jackman would have to be dead for them to not want to use Wolverine in any type of X-Men Movies. Hell I would not be surprised during the Magneto Movie if we dont see him or someone talk about Claws, Healing
Wasn't Logan before he had Claws a Soldier and maybe he helped free Magneto as a young man. Just a Hugh Jackman cameo would do.

i want a wolverine vs sabertooth battle that basically leaves them both near dead. maybe they can find someway to fit in Omega Red, Maverick and some more folk

i'm much more excited about a magneto movie..but i don't think they should make wolverine a prequel that happens before x1... i think its true that wolverine works best when he's discovering what happened to him...not just showing us how he grew up.... though i wouldn't mind it starting out with him having a dream about where he came from and the first time he popped his bone claws...
but i think its gotta be about him remembering new things about his past and going to discover them...i'd love if kelly hu was back too...perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"