Women gets attacked by a gang of raccoons

Morg

Grumpy mod
Staff member
Reaction score
Sheriff Describes Raccoon "Gang Attack" On Woman | WUSA9.com | Washington, DC |

Sheriff Describes Raccoon "Gang Attack" On Woman

A woman is recovering from serious injuries in the hospital after sheriff's investigators say she was "gang attacked" by five raccoons Saturday afternoon.

Lakeland, Florida (WTSP) -- A Lakeland woman is recovering from serious injuries in the hospital after sheriff's investigators say she was "gang attacked" by five raccoons Saturday afternoon.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says 74-year-old Gretchen Whitted was trying to shoo the animals away from her front door when they suddenly attacked.

"When she fell down, they enveloped her," said Sheriff Judd in a news conference called Sunday to warn the public of the aggressive raccoons.

"She's literally bitten and scratched from face and the chest all the way down through the legs."

Raccoons are known to be aggressive when going after food, but the sheriff called Saturday's attack very unusual.

"Not in all my years in Florida have I known of a gang attack by raccoons on an individual," Sheriff Judd said.

Christy Steinmetz lives next door to Whitted and ran across the street when she heard her neighbor's screams.

"I've never seen anything like it," Steinmetz said of the attack and her neighbors deep wounds. "They were deep lacerations. You could see flesh."

Sheriff Judd called a news conference Sunday to warn parents in the Lakeland neighborhood about the potential danger.

"They've attacked once. If someone frightens them, will they attack again?" Judd asked.

Polk County Animal Control officers fanned out, placing traps across the neighborhood, in hopes of finding the raccoons involved.

"Even if we capture a lot of raccoons [Sunday night], we can't be sure they are our suspect raccoons," Sheriff Judd said.

If caught, the animals will be killed to see whether they are rabid.

weird

I just heard about this at work.

"If caught, the animals will be killed to see whether they are rabid."

They will be killed by being burnt at the state, if they die they were not rabid. If they live they were rabid and will be killed!

Welcome to..*Puts shades on*...Raccoon City.

YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

They will be killed by being burnt at the state, if they die they were not rabid. If they live they were rabid and will be killed!

YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Gah hahahaha!

Maybe she shouldn't have been leading them on.

Probably hitmen sent by the father of the baby deer that old lady beat to death a while back.

YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

This guy just got done finishing his sandwich, so he's coming to solve the problem...
Barry_Burton.jpg

Not much of a hitmen if they hit the wrong lady and in the wrong state too :hehe:

Well, they are raccoons. You know we all look alike to them.

Does it really matter what race they were?

Does it really matter what race they were?

Totally. Raccoons are generally only good for foraging missions and sometimes reconnaissance.
The economy must really be hurting them if they've branched out into carrying out hits.

Why would a pack of anything attack a human? People must have been feeding them or something. When they lose that fear of humans, they start to walk around like they own the joint.

How are they going to know which raccoons did it? I am pretty sure the perps were wearing masks...

In order to test in an animal is rabid, their head must be removed and their brain tissue tested.

In order to test in an animal is rabid, their head must be removed and their brain tissue tested.

They also teabag one after dipping their balls in ink. I'm sure there's some logical scientific reason for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"