Burglar eaten by alligator while fleeing police

There are times I wish there were harsher punishments for idiotic people or people who knowingly do something idiotic like that.

In the case of this burglar he had an unfortunate encounter but it was still precipitated by his choice of commiting burglary and running from the police.

Exactly. I don't see any logic in "hey, this idiot on the run from police through the woods in the middle of the night stumbled into a swamp and got eaten by an alligator. Better kill the alligator!"

I saw a video once where these idiot tourists were bumbling around in the Florida Everglades on foot somewhere and came across this huge gator guarding its eggs, freaked out, and went screaming back to the police, who came back and euthanized the mother gator because they decided she was sooo scary, I guess, and gave the eggs to some sanctuary.

This thing was not walking down the sidewalk in town, these idiots had to go hiking through the woods to find out. Maybe instead of euthanizing a gator that wasn't bothering anyone, just tell idiots not to go bumbling around the swamp in gator territory.

Authorities and wild animals never seem to end on pleasant circumstances. I remember several years ago, in the rural part of town, there was a man who owned several big cats, and the maid came over one day and forgot to lock one of the doors properly. One of his tigers escaped. Now, the logical choice would have been to just allow the nearby wildlife sanctuary to take control of the situation with their professional game keepers, who had all of the proper equipment and training to track the animal down and tranquilize it. But no, the local Sheriff and ACC decided to not use their help, and instead used their own deputies who don't know a thing about tigers. Sure enough, one of them stumbled across the tiger, sleeping, and actually got startled and shot the animal in the head, while sleeping. Neighbors and whatnot were ticked off, but the Sheriff seemed proud of his deputy. And oh, it took the bumbling idiots several days to track the animal down too. If you want to call it tracking down.

What a terrible way to go out. The burglar's final destination was in the stomach of an alligator.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"