The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Worst lines in the movie

The parents/Uncle Ben problems are a by-product of the terrible first film.They put too much emphasis on the parents and could've tied up that story/saved it for this film.

They also should've dealt with Ben's killer and wrapped that storyline up in the first film as well.Instead,Ben barely gets a mention.(Although,I still contend since Ben seemed a miserable ******* in the first film,I don't blame Peter for not mentioning him often.)

:doh:

Ok. I'm done. I don't believe you actually watched the first movie. Or you just didn't comprehend what happened. Either way, there's no use in defending it. Gotta admit, I almost laughed out loud at you expecting him to still be looking for Uncle Ben's killer in the second movie. I don't even... just... what?

Great posts :up:

Don't mind chaseter,he isn't in his good days.

Wow, this is a fantastic post. Thanks for the response! :)

I can see how the parents plotline could affect you (or any other parent out there). I may not be a fan of Richard and Mary Parker being put into these films, but hey, I think it's great that there are people who got something out of it, and that it resonated very deeply with some people.

I mean, no parent likes to discuss the possibility of leaving their children behind (but it's an unpleasant subject that a lot of parents have to be prepared for in case something bad happens, God forbid). I can see exactly where you're coming from and how the movie had such an impact on your family when considering this. Thank you for the different perspective; it makes me understand how this plotline has been favorable with plenty of people! :up:

I'm in my late 20's (no kids right now; they are definitely in my not-so-distant future plans though), but I think maybe a partial reason as to why I'm not a fan of Peter's parents dominating much of the storyline in these films is because the subject of adoption has been a big thing in my life (I won't get into specifics at the risk of making this post really long). Let's just say that what I said in my previous post about how people come from all different kinds of family structures is a big point I was making about my criticism towards the TASM movies and Peter's parents. Losing the focus on Uncle Ben and Aunt May's impact on Peter's life kind of takes away their poignancy, almost as if Peter loves them a lot less because they're not his biological parents. It's just rubbed me the wrong way (especially when considering that Uncle Ben is the main reason why Spider-Man becomes Spider-Man).

Thank you! I wasn't sure anyone would take the time to read that really long post of mine...I just started typing my response and didn't realize how much was there until I was finished.

I don't think one has to be an orphan or a parent in order to relate to or understand the importance of why Peter is looking for the truth behind his parents. In fact, if you think about it, imo it makes a great deal of sense for him to wonder about why he was so suddenly just dropped off with his Aunt and Uncle. The development and emotional impact on a child can be very hurtful. I mean, they have entire therapy groups dedicated to these sorts of problems.

But...yeah, the Spider-Man fan that I am, I have a tough time with this change and I agree with you on how this does seem to affect the overall poignancy of May and Ben. I don't think I am as 'turned off' by it as you seem to be because I still feel the love he has for both of them. However, the whole parents debacle has certainly jaded that to a degree. Like I was saying before, the film needed more balance with Ben. The May stuff was great imo. But the film definitely needed some more 'Ben love' and it sounds as though they did indeed have some extra Uncle Ben stuff in the original film. I know of at least one flashback and then there is a part in an alternate ending where Peter hears Ben's words and stops himself from killing Harry/Goblin.

Sony's producers need to stop meddling so much. It's irritating to think that the original cut of the film was probably better. Tolmach even said they didn't start to include the idea of 'world building' and the S6 stuff until they were already filming principal photography. That's right, they made those changes during filming. Total f***ing fail!

I actually ended up enjoying this movie quite a bit however here's my worry. When we get a chance to see all/most/some of the deleted scenes/takes on the Blu-ray and they end up being really awesome or whatever, yeah, I'll be so turned off by this franchise. There's a good chance I won't be supportive of ASM3 or anything else they decide to put out. I'm not going to keep supporting Sony if they don't stop with their ridiculous intervening.

Harry's line about holding a comb while his servant blow dries his hair.

The dialogue in that scene was so silly and clunky. There wasn't any chemistry with Garfield and DeHaan.

It was really awkward actually, almost like Dehaan and Garfield had never met or something? Or they hadn't seen each other for years? Urgh.

Lack of seeing each other for years or not, they still had zero chemistry...Lol

I thought they had jilted chemistry, which suited the scene.

I expect we'll see something similar when Andrew trys to do the whole love interest thing with whoever is acting MJ, never going to be a authentic as Emma Stone, but it kind of fits the whole MJ relationship as it starts thematically, so it's not too bad.

That would peeve me if we had Peter being okay with another woman dating him

As of right now, he should be scared ****less of having a girlfriend.

Yeah, I'll be the first one to blast the film if they do that, and I'm pretty much as lenient as you get with films.

Good thing about Gwen's death is that it leads to some pretty great thematic elements in the next film, some of which haven't been explored before. Lots of potential for the next film.

It was really awkward actually, almost like Dehaan and Garfield had never met or something? Or they hadn't seen each other for years? Urgh.

To me it felt like they never met at all. Strangers.

In all honesty, I feel like they should of completely erased all the parents stuff in the first and second movie. I felt like it went nowhere, it was lazy, and took away screen time from other plot points that could been expanded or introduced.

It's not like his dad went from hours of labor and breast feed young Peter.

Wait, his mother did that....

Well that would actually make for a great plot twist in the 3rd movie when he does some more investigating about his dad.

Hm, yeah I guess.

It depends on how one were to actually say "556678". There are a lot of ways, which is why I'm having a little bit of a hard time.

Hilarious, none the less. Probably even funnier if you don't understand it, hah.

Try shouting the 55667 the way he says his name.

:funny: (p.s. That avvy, K. :up:)

How do you guys even remember these lines so well?

How do you guys even remember these lines so well?

Idk..I always felt like with every movie I enjoy, I can remember a lot of the lines. I guess it also has to do with listening to what these characters are saying because they're an indicator of who they are, how they're written, etc.

^
I actually like the, "so I'm not like completely helpless," line lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"