Worst Week Ever

Luigi

Futurism
Reaction score
Who do you think had it the worst?

Hulk in the first movie, he was like a fugitive running from Thunderbolt Ross. He was bullied at work. The army was on him. Plus he needed to control his temper.

I'd go with Thor. He lost his father, Mjolnir, his hair, his eye, and his home within a few days. I had always assumed that they were traveling through space for a few months before Thanos found them but if it was just a few days then you can add Thor losing one of his best friends, his brother, and failing to stop Thanos from killing half the universe to that list.

I'd go with Thor. He lost his father, Mjolnir, his hair, his eye, and his home within a few days. I had always assumed that they were traveling through space for a few months before Thanos found them but if it was just a few days then you can add Thor losing one of his best friends, his brother, and failing to stop Thanos from killing half the universe to that list.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. Although I doubt that they were travelling for months given that we know from GOTG that you can jump from one end of the galaxy to another in a few minutes. Also, Thor's hair was the same length and if we assume Asgardian hair grows at the same rate as human hair he would have been well on his way to regaining his long hair by the time Thanos showed up.

I actually tend to assume there was a moderately lengthy period in Ragnarok between the main events in the film and the stinger. . . but it doesn't matter, because even just the stinger and IW would make Thor the winner by far.

Easily Thor:

- father dies
- Mjolnir is destroyed
- discovers he was lied to about his firstborn status and Asgard's position as ruler of 9 realms, which was won by bloody conquest rather than treaties.
- his three best buddies are murdered by Hela.
- Enslaved by the Grandmaster
- beaten up by the Hulk
- beaten up by his sister several times.
- loses an eye
- his home planet is destroyed
- Thanos shows up and kills half of the surviving Asgardians, and Loki.
- left for dead drifting in space.

Talk about a **** week.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. Although I doubt that they were travelling for months given that we know from GOTG that you can jump from one end of the galaxy to another in a few minutes. Also, Thor's hair was the same length and if we assume Asgardian hair grows at the same rate as human hair he would have been well on his way to regaining his long hair by the time Thanos showed up.

I actually tend to assume there was a moderately lengthy period in Ragnarok between the main events in the film and the stinger. . . but it doesn't matter, because even just the stinger and IW would make Thor the winner by far.

The timeline is a bit unclear. When Banner changes back from being Hulk, Thor tells him that Ultron and Sokovia happened two years prior, which lines up with Ragnarok taking place in 2017. Since Infinity War takes place in 2018 it's completely plausible to believe that Thor and the Asgardians had been in space for months before Thanos found them.

Easily Thor:

- father dies
- Mjolnir is destroyed
- discovers he was lied to about his firstborn status and Asgard's position as ruler of 9 realms, which was won by bloody conquest rather than treaties.
- his three best buddies are murdered by Hela.
- Enslaved by the Grandmaster
- beaten up by the Hulk
- beaten up by his sister several times.
- loses an eye
- his home planet is destroyed
- Thanos shows up and kills half of the surviving Asgardians, and Loki.
- left for dead drifting in space.

Talk about a **** week.
And yet, ironically, most of that happens in one of the most enjoyable MCU movies. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"