Comics Would you like to be an X-comic reviewer?

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have checked out the site I have listed as my homepage, or have visited the site through other means, but I am currently a reviewer and regular contributer(and a mod!) for this site:

http://www.mutanthigh.com/

It's actually becoming a pretty worthwhile site much like Uncannyxmen.net, and was even recognized by Marvel in a recent letters page of Uncanny X-Men as a good place to get X-related info. Right now, we're in a bit of bind with a few titles, as we've lost a few reviewers to outside reasons and those left already have their hands full, I myself am currently reviewing three titles (X-Men, Runaways, and Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways), as well as some bios. So we are quite behind on a few titles.

If you would like to help, it's really simple. First, just go to the site, look around, check out some of the current reviews, get a feel for how things are done. The length of the recap and review is all up to you, but usually the more detailed, the better. :up: These are the following titles we need help on:

~ New Mangaverse LS
~ Sentinel Squad ONE LS
~ Storm LS and Black Panther (after the wedding issue and onward, these are especially important since it's the only thing really dealing with Storm, we may even cover her Fantastic Four issues in the near future as well if we get caught up)
~ Sentinel LS
~ District X 6 and on
~ Gambit 2-7 and 11-12
~ Dead Girl LS
~ 1602: New World #1-5
~ New X-Men: Academy X Yearbook Special
~ Civil War tie-ins: You can find the list of all that is still open here: http://www.mutanthigh.com/lscivilwar.html

UPDATE: We have several more titles that we need help on;
~ X-Men: The 198 #3-4
~ Mutopia X #4-5
~ 1602: Fantastik Four
~ MC2 universe stuff, particularly A-Next and Last Planet Standing
~ X-Men: First Class (both the limited series and the upcoming ongoing series)
~ Cable & Deadpool
~ X-Men What If? issues, can find ones needed here: http://www.mutanthigh.com/alternatex/whatif/index.html
~ New Avengers: Illuminati #2 onward
~ X-Men: Fairy Tales #1-4
~ X-23: Target X
~ Numerous other old limited series which can be found here: http://www.mutanthigh.com/ls.html

NEW UPDATES: We could really use some help, since there's even some of the bigger titles that could use reviews.
~ Cable v2 1->current
~ Cable/Deadpool 30->50
~ Captain Britain/MI:13 1->current
~ Exiles 93->100 & Die By the Sword LS
~ New Exiles 1->current
~ Uncanny X-Men 495->current
~ Back Issues: Soldier X, Gambit v2, Maverick, more...
~ One-Shots and Limited Series

After you've had a look around the site and are seriously interested in helping out, contact me, through this thread or by PM, and I'll PM you the email address of the guy who runs the site. You can email him about what you're interested in helping with, and maybe a sample review of one of the issues of the title you're interested in as an example of your writing, and he'll give you the go ahead. When you do email him, make sure you make it clear in the title that you want to help, say "Interested in being a Mutant High reviewer" or something to that effect so he doesn't delete it.

PS: I hope this doesn't violate any rules. I'm not expecting it to last in the top threads very long even if it is, so please keep this open.

Are those the only books up for reviewing?? Or just for now? I'm interested but, I don't read those cept for the first ish of Origins.

I doubt I'd give a good review on books I don't read. :(

Those are it, as far as I know. Everything else is being covered by someone.

Thats cool, but if anything, sound interesting.

I love the site. :up: Sadly, I don't read those titles. Good luck finding the reviewers, Spec.

I've updated the lists with things that we could use help on, so if you would like to volunteer, please let me know!

I updated the listings above again. Please let me know if you could help!

Sadly, I don't read any of those titles. Keep us posted, though, I'd like to be able to help.

i can help on first class if you want.

Killgore said:
Any need for Ultimate X-men?
Nope, sorry. The guy who covers all our Ultimate stuff is pretty good at keeping caught up. Thanks for asking though.

It would make sence that most of Uncanny is already taken..mainly because its easy to do.And the rest would be left to others.

It would make sence that most of Uncanny is already taken..mainly because its easy to do.And the rest would be left to others.

The heck you talkin about? I never said anything about Uncanny.

I might be interested in helping out with New Excalibur.

Updated with a couple more titles at the end of the list. Did the guys who asked before get my pm's? Anyone else like to volunteer?

Why not... I pretty much read 'em minus New Mangaverse, 1602: Fantastik Four
,MC2 universe stuff, particularly A-Next and Last Planet Standing... the rest I either have or buy already.

That being said, I'm most interested in Cable & Deadpool and to a lesser extent the X-men First Class limited series plus the upcoming ongoing series.

That being said, I'm most interested in Cable & Deadpool and to a lesser extent the X-men First Class limited series plus the upcoming ongoing series.

I also belong to this site and I know for a fact they are desperate for Cable/Deadpool reviewers so I hope you can help out :)

Im currently reviewing Onslaught reborn, Avengers the initiative and the Scarlett witch version of Magic Arcanna btw

We also have an opening to cover Uncanny and Excalibur now. Any takers?

Also, Troma, any luck with those reviews?

R Uncanny and New Excalibur the only 2 books U don't have a reviewer for?

Unless someone has jumped on them since I posted, those two and everything in the main post still. I know someone caught up on some of the New Excalibur issues, but he is covering a lot and is stretched very thin as it is, so any help you can give would be appreciated.

Hey, just lookin around for some more help again, we have a lot of major books that really could need some help. Here's the newest list:

Cable v2 1->current
Cable/Deadpool 30->50
Captain Britain/MI:13 1->current
Exiles 93->100 & Die By the Sword LS
New Exiles 1->current
Uncanny X-Men 495->current
Back Issues: Soldier X, Gambit v2, Maverick, more...
One-Shots and Limited Series

I'll put this list up with the others to give a complete look of what we need. If you can help, please respond ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"