Would You Support Mandatory Voting (if it could be done on phone/internet)?

It's illegal to lie to the Census. Is that more important than electing a leader?

#devilsadvocate

Lying on the census is illegal. As far as I know, it's not illegal per se to not respond to it. (or at least those penalties for non-compliance arent enforced.)

I am AGAINST the Government forcing me to do anything!!!

Lying on the census is illegal. As far as I know, it's not illegal per se to not respond to it. (or at least those penalties for non-compliance arent enforced.)

I worked on the last census when I was in college to earn some extra cash. You are legally required to submit your census form but you are right it isn't enforced. If you don't send it in we were sent to your door to collect the information. Those who refused or just didn't open their door and we would have to keep going back three times and if you don't respond we would have to ask your neighbors about your information. It's also expressly written in the Constitution that the Federal government has the power to conduct a Census so even strict Constitutionalists don't have an argument against it.

Last edited:
Getting out to vote in person is very time consuming with having to wait in long lines and other things, so I would be more inclined to vote if it could be done over the internet, only without having to submit a bunch of personal information that could be easily stolen by others. Internet votes could be easily manipulated to favor another candidate that you didn't vote for if the wrong person was in charge it.

I have never even registered to vote in all my 38 almost 39 years of life because I felt my single solitary vote wouldn't have made any difference either way.

Getting out to vote in person is very time consuming with having to wait in long lines and other things, so I would be more inclined to vote if it could be done over the internet, only without having to submit a bunch of personal information that could be easily stolen by others. Internet votes could be easily manipulated to favor another candidate that you didn't vote for if the wrong person was in charge it.

I have never even registered to vote in all my 38 almost 39 years of life because I felt my single solitary vote wouldn't have made any difference either way.

NO offense but are you that lazy?! Voting Polls are open from 7am to 9pm, that is 14 hours you can find the time to drive over and not wait that long.

I believe in voting, but I don't think the government has the right to force people to do it.

Also, mandatory voting would just flood the polls with uninformed people who don't know or care who they're voting for and are only there because they're being forced to be.

If voting were made that simple I don't think you'd have to make it mandatory to get votes cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"