X-Men 3 Cosplay

Matt.S99

Formally batboy99
Reaction score
Does anyone here have a costume they made based on X-Men or X3?If so,heres the place to share it.

I want to do a movieverse gambit....

I would like to be part of Cosplay but it hasn't caught on here yet.:csad:

unfortunatly no,but oh well.I checked google and there is some great x-men cosplay costumes out there

Guess my timing is pretty good here... had my first Cosplay-esque experience last night... hee hee!

Last night was the school's talent show and afterparty and since the theme was "Superheroes" I simply couldn't resist dressing up as Rogue. Unfortunately I only had less than 48 hours notice of the theme and the costume was a result of closet raiding and turning the mall inside-out at the last minute for gloves. Living overseas means no Ebay or online rummaging so I couldn't get the "X" on the belt (nor would it have delivered in time if it could) but I think it turned out pretty good considering time restraints...

Here are some of the pics... tell me what you think! Thanks! ;) But seriously, be honest... 100% blatantly honest!

n504231423_35887_7175.jpg

Me dressed up as Rogue from X-Men... so you might ask yourself WHAT in the world was Rogue doing at a party primarily themed Batman in terms of the whole super-hero thing. Simple - the Joker. Gambit's cards have all gone one bit toooo far and I was asked to stay and "get my hands on any trouble" if it were to come... :p

n504231423_35890_958.jpg

More posing, only more light... lol

n504231423_35891_1196.jpg

My buddy as Batgirl (she was one of the MCs for the talent show so she was lucky to get her costume and knowledge of it in advance but had to keep quiet the whole time... lol)...

n504231423_35899_9040.jpg

Myself as Rogue, my friend as "civilian, cured, completely casual Catwoman" (was quite angry at her last-minute conformity) and my friend who came as "an innocent civilian tormented by heroes" deciding to pop in at the last random moment... I luv how it turned out though, NOTHING beats randomness

n504231423_35900_9364.jpg

This was right after I hugged my friend once I told her WHY did she take the cure... then "accidentally" touched while we hugged... then we laughed cuz she supposedly died... :p

n504231423_35904_3811.jpg

Rogue and Professor Xavier... that's what I call my history teacher cuz of his shaved head and love for comic books. And I wuved his comment about my costume when he ran into me - "Rogue!!! Was Iceman too cool to show up again? Damn he's gettin' detention when I see him at school!" I totally cracked up, and said that "Gambit wasn't much different either, saw coming as a joke but I think he's the joker all along". Had a good laugh there.

Oh, and btw... I didn't dye that streak in my hair white. It's naturally like that. It's a "mutated gene" of sorts that skips generations in my family. My grandma on my dad's side has it two but my dad's generation doesn't and somehow it was cuz of that and the "Rogue" comments I kept gettin that I got addicted to X-Men in teh first place... hee hee!

What did you do with the streak? is real?

*nods* It's real alright... I've had in it my hair since I was three... it just somehow appeared one day there and growing up in the 90's resulted in sooooo many grown-ups asking my mom things like "How much TV do you let your child watch? :wow: You even let her dye her hair cuz of obsession? Get a grip!", which resulted in my mom trying to keep me deprived of all comic-book related things (I still had no clue bout Rogue back then). Alas, once I DID find out (since people kept calling me Rogue cuz of the hair) I got pretty much hooked. Did nothing to my hair... nothing at all. Sometimes I hide the streak by parting my hair differently, sometimes I show it off... since that was cosplay, I showed it off! :woot:

Marie isn't lying. I have a friend that has a white streak in their hair, or what they called it is a no pigment spot in their hair, and yes it was gentical but it was on the back of their head, and they had theirs since they were just a little kid as well. :)

I looked at the white forelock in my genetics class, its a lot more common than people think. Usually its inherited like yours marie but sometimes its associated with Waardenburgs syndrome.

Theres a teacher at my college who has a white firelock, i just think of rogue everytime i see her :D

Welcome to the hype marie :)

nice pix marie! luv ur white streak!! :) now i want one. :p

Madmax - I wuv white streaks... hee hee! So a friend of yours has it too? I'm beginning to think that somehow we seemed to have the "inverse" of Rogue's powers and absorbed her hair in the process... ha ha!

BB - Well, you just proved you know more about "Rogue streaks" than my teacher did, who was pretty darn clueless! Pretty neat a teacher has it too, one more with the Rogue factor... yay! Thx for the welcome... :D

Pyroschik - hee hee... thanks! I totally want to CosPlay some more if I can! :) As for wanting one, I'm not even going to begin as to how many people asked if they could have one of the hairs from it and keep it... True...

*nods* It's real alright... I've had in it my hair since I was three... it just somehow appeared one day there and growing up in the 90's resulted in sooooo many grown-ups asking my mom things like "How much TV do you let your child watch? :wow: You even let her dye her hair cuz of obsession? Get a grip!", which resulted in my mom trying to keep me deprived of all comic-book related things (I still had no clue bout Rogue back then). Alas, once I DID find out (since people kept calling me Rogue cuz of the hair) I got pretty much hooked. Did nothing to my hair... nothing at all. Sometimes I hide the streak by parting my hair differently, sometimes I show it off... since that was cosplay, I showed it off! :woot:

Welcome Marie :) And yeah, there's even song (were everything sung are facts) about a boy who had his black hair turned into white http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb5_WhhpweY

Yah I know it's random, but you have to listen to the song...:heart:

Yep, I had heard it was more common on people with Waardenburg syndrome. They may also have eyes with different colors, like Jason in X2. But it's no fun, these are only some of the symptoms, which can be way more severe...
I also know a guy with a white streak on the back of his head...

heh,well there used to be this reporter in canada(dont know if she is a reporter anymore)and she had those white streaks like rogue on her hair,when i was little,i always called her rogue lol,hm maybe she has thst syndrome,i think that its pretty cool though

i didnt make a x3 costume but i did have some xmen ones i did just for halloween for high school

they werent that good, i was Gambit, Cyke, and a Phoenix. i'll try and find the pics lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"