X-Men: Not-Wolverine Movie Character Bios

larryfilmmaker

nerd herder
Reaction score
I just got to thinking about new X-Men movies and they have REALLY got to make some changes in the future. Here are the stories of the principle 3 X-Men so far:

Cyclops: Held captive in X-Men 1 while Wolverine frees him. Kidnapped in X2 until Wolverine saves him. Killed in X3 and a scene later, his widow gf hits on Wolverine. Kidnapped in "Wolverine: Origins" until Wolverine saves him. Replaced as leader by Wolverine in "Wolverine and the X-Men".

Jean Gray: Captive in X1 (Wolvie saves her). Dies in X2 (Wolvie cries like they were lovers for ten years). ... See MoreDies in X3 (Wolverine kills her because "he's the only one who can"). "Killed in "Wolverine and the X-Men".

Professor Xavier: (coma in X1 until after Wolverine destroys Magneto's machine), kidnapped in X2 (saved by Wolverine and his team), killed in X3 (but Wolverine becomes the new co-headmaster and takes his place).

I get what you're saying, and there do need to be changes, but some of this is just reaching. I mean, Wolverine has nothing to do with saving Cyclops or Professor Xavier in X2, and so what if Wolverine cries when Jean Grey dies? Granted, his crying gets old, but I don't see how being upset by her death is negative.

...and what about when Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm save Wolverine (and the rest of the X-Men and all of humanity as well)? Why is that not a part of their story???

...but, yes, I get your point. There is an overabundance of Wolverine.

How many comics does Wolverine star in....how many comics does Cyclops star in? When people start buying comics starring other mutants, there might be movies made about them.

To be fair, of all the characters and comic books produced by Marvel, the X-Men as a whole (and not just Wolverine) remain among the most popular. If given the chance, I think there is basis for more team oriented movies that will prove just as successful as, if not more successful than, the previous X-films.

I agree that there's an overabundance of Wolverine, but I also agree that this is reaching:

Cyclops and Jean were held captive in X1, but seeing as how Wolverine needed Jean's psychic powers to move Cyke's visor to defeat Sabertooth, he didn't do it alone.

Wolverine didn't save Cyclops in X2 - Jean found him. He didn't save Xavier, either - Storm and Nightcrawler did. Mystique got them into the compound, Rogue and Bobby flew the jet to other side of the lake to rescue all of them.

Xavier didn't come out of his coma because Wolverine destroyed Magneto's machine (which, btw, he did with the help of Storm, Cyclops, and Jean's powers). Xavier did that on his own - and told Jean he had her to guide him out of the coma as well. Wolverine had nothing to do with that - in fact, they'd had to rescue him after all of that.

Yeah, he got upset when Jean died (they all did, Storm was crying too), but he was trying to calm down Cyclops, who was quite hysterical himself at the time - worse than Wolverine, I always thought.

Another point: in X-Men Origins, it was Wolverine that freed all the captured mutant kids, but it was Cyclops and Emma who actually helped the kids escape - between Emma blocking the gunshots and Cyclops blasting away the guards. And it was Xavier who led them out of the prison.

Wolverine had just been shot by Stryker when that was going on, he wasn't involved in their actual escape. That was all done by the others.

I know it was reaching. I was definitely exaggerating just because the thought had suddenly occurred to me and made me laugh... or a little mad, I'm not sure.

right ok, so in the next movie, wolverine will be captive "X-Men Origins" guessing kidnapped in wolverine 2 which actually sounds likely considering the story and in wolverine 3 he dies... but comes back to life to be in x1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"