Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there other promo other than Kia and the energy drinks? I remember they did Carl's Jr. last time, but I'm not seeing them much anywhere else other than the theaters. Edit: Forgot M&M's.

Is there other promo other than Kia and the energy drinks? I remember they did Carl's Jr. last time, but I'm not seeing them much anywhere else other than the theaters. Edit: Forgot M&M's.

Red Robin and Sky Fibre.

I'm loving Shipp. She posted on Instagram her using a snapchat filter and tagged Sophie in it because it looks kinda like a Phoenix moment . :)

I'm loving Shipp. She posted on Instagram her using a snapchat filter and tagged Sophie in it because it looks kinda like a Phoenix moment . :)

Same here I'm really glad they went with her for Storm. I'm excited to see how it translates on the big screen.

I'm really excited about the chemistry between Sophie, Tye and Shipp. I think if they're the future of the franchise it really helps that they get along real well. I remember the Comic Con Panel and as Tye was talking Sophie kinda wipes some sweat from his face. I was all "there's Scott and Jean right there".

I love Shipp and Turner on social media.
These teases are killing me. Shipp is the coooolest.

Last edited:
I think Phoenix/Dark Phoenix was a given in the next set of movies. While there is death and rebirth required for the Phoenix, it can very much be symbolic. She doesn't actually have to die. Jean didn’t actually die after the events of X2.

I don’t see them using a giant mystic crystal in any event.

DoFP and Apocalypse are proof it isn't ground level anymore.

None of the First Class films have been ground level. Amusingly though, X-Men: First Class is the only superhero movie loosely set around the time the world almost did end (the Cuban Missile Crisis).

With that said, the first two Singer movies, all of the Wolverine movies, and Deadpool were "ground level." I see the appeal, but in terms of escalation, it is about seeing something different.

Having the X-Men fight Sinister and a group of mutants in the sewers right after they fought Apocalypse in Egypt feels underwhelming. I think a back-to-basics approach like that will eventually be needed. But not until we do something crazily different for a movie or two.

You know if Ant-Man can give us a 60-year-old-looking Peggy Carter, I don't see why X-Men can't make James McAvoy three times older than he is today. Like to be honest, I found it really lazy that they didn't make the FC actors age that much on screen in DOFP and now Apocalypse.

Anyway, it is not much of an issue for me whether it is set in the 90s or 80s, it is still in the past.

Make McAvoy 3 times older? You mean to make him 111 years old looking? Even Patrick is not at that level.:loco:

Polaris, M, Thunderbird, Forge, Sunfire, Longshot, Lockheed, Marrow, Maggott, Cecilia Reyes, Armor, Frenzy, Chamber, Surge, Mercury, Blindfold, Ariel, Pixie, Northstar, Mimic, Changeling, Vulcan, Sway, Petra, Sage and Stacy X to name a few.:woot:

Ariel is Kitty.

Anyway, you forgot Domino, X-23, Warlock and Fantomex.

The mental blocks weren't bryan's idea was it? Supposedly Jean had been holding back her power in X1 and most of X2 because she was afraid of it (fits her apocalypse version living isolated etc.) because of magnetos power magnifier thing she couldn't contain her power anymore, hence why she was so powerful by the end of X2.

The mental block may not have been Bryan's idea but doesn't mean he won't respect the idea

Oh god no. Worse X-man EVER!

Wasn't Stacy X considered for X3? I thought there was some concept art, with a green snake skin.

Ironically, the look of Arclight was pretty much Stacy X.

Such a random character. Maybe they thought Stacy X could've been the next sexy character after Mystique got depowered?

12501673_552543771583880_1845080126_n.jpg

Last edited:
Storm's mohawk is going to be the star of the movie. It's great for the character, since it gives her iconography that people can associate with her.

Savage Land is super cheesy, and probably shouldn't appear in the movies. The GA would probably just complain about it being wannabe Jurassic Park. There's always the danger with these drastic changes of tone and setting, that people find it forced and desperate. If it happens, it has to happen naturally and written really well.

Savage Land is super cheesy, and probably shouldn't appear in the movies. The GA would probably just complain about it being wannabe Jurassic Park. There's always the danger with these drastic changes of tone and setting, that people find it forced and desperate. If it happens, it has to happen naturally and written really well.
Agreed which is why I have my reservations about the possibility of other worlds/galaxies etc in this X-Men cinematic universe. If it's developed properly then it's cool but I just don't want it to be forced and not make sense. Like I said both DC and Marvel's universe are super heavy on this now and X-Men always seems just behind everyone else and it always looks like they're copying when they aren't.

I think Phoenix/Dark Phoenix was a given in the next set of movies. While there is death and rebirth required for the Phoenix, it can very much be symbolic. She doesn't actually have to die. Jean didn’t actually die after the events of X2.

I don’t see them using a giant mystic crystal in any event.
The death comes with the Dark Phoenix portion of the story, which she did die with in X3

Because marketing for this movie is so poor?
Posters and trailers in web isn't enough.
At this moment we had train with DOFP characters, a lot of interviews and tv shows with DOFP stars.
In my country I don't even see a poster in any cinema (I live in 1 800 000 population city).
I see toys and T-shirts with BvS, Avengers in shops, nothing with X-Men.

No it won't be 1993.
People already are yelling about skipping 10 years.
Almost all actors would have to be recasted.
They have to continue in 80's.
Now when they formed X-Men, what Apocalypse (mutant) does to the whole world, nothing is going to happen during next 10 years? Tell me more...

Agreed which is why I have my reservations about the possibility of other worlds/galaxies etc in this X-Men cinematic universe. If it's developed properly then it's cool but I just don't want it to be forced and not make sense. Like I said both DC and Marvel's universe are super heavy on this now and X-Men always seems just behind everyone else and it always looks like they're copying when they aren't.

That's one of the main problems. They play too safe, hold back too much and then other superhero franchises come in and do it first.

We wanted teamwork with the classic commanding leader... but Avengers did that first

We wanted outer space possibilities - but GoTG did it first

We wanted magic/supernatural - but Doctor Strange is doing it first

Singer wants reality-warping Proteus - but it looks like Doctor Strange is doing that as well, judging from the teaser

Avengers even got in there first with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Sigh....

Anyway, it's said that Savage Land is owned by Disney/Marvel because it was initially the setting of Ka-Zar.

But the various mutates (Barbarus, Amphibius, etc) probably belong to Fox because they were creations of Magneto. Sauron is also probably in Fox's playpen.

The way to do it is have Sinister experimenting with mutation and evolution on an island somewhere and creating animal and humanoid mutations. Some of the animal mutants could be dinosaur-like.

As for islands, there are plenty in the X-Men mythos that could be used. Krakoa, Genosha, etc - there was even an Atlantis-type island that Magneto raised in the Bermuda Triangle in one story... Just have Sinister be at the heart of the story instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"