X-Men 3 Online - Articles on X3

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
We have the Magazine Thread which shows us whats being printed so heres the Online Thread that shows whats being submited!

Browsing the web and found something on X-Men 3? Post it here.

It will be interesting how they report about the Singer/Vaughn/Ratner situation, what they get wrong and whether they are biased or not!

Another 'X3' cast member confirmed
Friday, December 30 2005, 20:47 GMT -- by Daniel Saney

Mei Melancon has signed on to play mutant assassin Psylocke in X-Men 3, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Psylocke, a recurring favourite in the Marvel comic series, will be seen in the movie battling the X-Men alongside Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants. Her mutant powers include the ability to transport herself through shadows and telepathy.

Directed by Brett Ratner, who worked with Melancon on Rush Hour 2, the sequel will also feature newcomers to the series Juggernaut (Vinnie Jones) and Beast (Kelsey Grammer).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds27741.html

The evil mutant assassin Psylocke has been added to the upcoming X-Men 3 film, directed by Brett Ratner. The villainous part will be played by Filipina actress Mei Melancon, who previously worked with Ratner on Rush Hour 2. She played the role of "girl in car". She must have made quite an impression.

According to Hollywood Reporter, 20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment have spiced things up by adding her to cause further mayhem on the third installment of the comic book series. She is best known for her fighting, telepathic skills, and a bizarrre ability to transport herself and others through shadows. She will fight against the X-Men as a member of Brotherhood of Mutants, lead by Magneto (Ian McKellen).

Although former director Bryan Singer left the project and there has been some controversy sparked about Halle Berry's special treatment, the premise sounds promising. It deals with a possible cure for the X-men's mutations and if they should, or would, pursue it. Never underestimate the power of moral dilemmas in the comic book world.

The film is set to open on May 26, during Memorial Day weekend. For more info on X-Men 3, visit our preview database.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new.php?id=1981

The latest issue of DreamWatch magazine, just out in the UK, features an exclusive interview with STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION star Patrick Stewart, in which he talks about his future projects in the small and big screen. Here are a few excerpts.

Regarding his new science-fiction TV Series THE ELEVENTH HOUR, which premieres January 19th in the UK, he said "The chance to do ELEVENTH HOUR was for me absolutely perfect because I wanted to do some mainstream television work and a series like this - which is contemporary, urban and gritty. On subjects that interested me and were fundamentally quite serious and yet still entertaining - was exactly what I was looking for."

Asked about his return to the role of Professor Charles Xavier in the upcoming X-MEN 3 movie, he said "X-MEN 3 went through a certain amount of pre-production drama before the cameras rolled - Bryan Singer withdrew from the project and then after some time Mathew Vaughan came onboard... Then Mathew also withdrew from the project, by which time it was almost too late. You can imagine, on a film like this, it requires a lot of preparation... Then Brett Ratner became the helmer and in every possible way hit the ground running with this project. I do know that everybody was working 48 hours ahead of what was being prepped. The pressure on them was enormous, so much so that the last 10 days that I was shooting - in fact a scene with myself and Sir Ian McKellen - we were shooting in the studio but from six o'clock in the evening until six o'clock in the morning."

With regard to the script for the third X -MEN movie, he feels that fans of the movie series will not be disappointed. "The script, I believe, is the best script of the three." he said "It's very intense, it's very emotional, it's very personal about the individuals that we've already got to know in the first two movies. It has some astonishing set-piece sequences. It has a number of quite significant deaths. [From] what I've seen so far, I think, it's likely to be extraordinary. Some absolutely outstanding work is happening in Vancouver - including from some of the new people who've come onboard ranging from Kelsey Grammer to Vinnie Jones, who are now part of the X-MEN family, If anyone saw Brett's RED DRAGON, which I thought was an outstanding film, I don't think they have any reason to be nervous."

http://trekweb.com/articles/2005/12/30/43b561925d72d.shtml

Psylocke is a lock for X3
By Joshua Tyler Dec 30, 2005, 19:36 GMT
Printer Friendly Pageprinter friendly Email this article to a friendemail this article Access M&C's RSS Feeds

As Brett Ratner's take on the X-Men franchise, 'X-Men 3', races to meet it's tight deadline in order to compete head to head with 'Superman Returns' in theaters this summer, you'd think he'd be done casting. He isn't.

The film's cast is already huge, but Ratner has added another. The Hollywood Reporter says Filipina actress Meiling Melancon has been hired to play the part of the mutant Psylocke in the film. In the comics, Psylocke has had several incarnations. In most of them she's a member of the X-Men known for her telepathic skills and formidable fighting ability. In Ratner's movie, she'll be a villain and member of Magneto's evil Brotherhood of Mutants.

Mei's only other work in a feature film also involved director Brett Ratner. She appeared in 'Rush Hour 2'. Her role? Girl in car.

'X-Men 3' is currently scheduled to hit theaters on May 26 in the US.

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1072466.php/Psylocke_is_a_lock_for_X3

This thread brought to you by Electrix, for Electirx, and starring Electrix. All posts are paid for by the Electrix Corporation. Any and All posts posted by other parties will be thoroughly analyzed by Electirx. Electrix will delete your messages and repost them as his own, furthermore Electirx is interested in purchasing a 1993 Nissan Sentra preferably blue, chiped paint is a MUST!!!

Im definately watching the Eleventh Hour, i read about it in a magazine this morning. That girl from Extras is playing his bodyguard hehe. Shame its only 4 episodes

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,4136,99684,00.html

From Singapore (which is why the May 25 date)

X-Men 3 (25 May)
Welcome back, gang. With more action and more stars, the trilogy is poised to be the best one yet.

When a cure is found to treat mutations, the stage is set for the battle royale between the X-Men and the Brotherhood as they struggle to choose whether to remain as individuals or blend into mainstream human society.

Joining old-timers Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman are Kelsey Grammer as the furry blue Beast and Ben Foster as Angel.

vanillacyke said:
This thread brought to you by Electrix, for Electirx, and starring Electrix. All posts are paid for by the Electrix Corporation. Any and All posts posted by other parties will be thoroughly analyzed by Electirx. Electrix will delete your messages and repost them as his own, furthermore Electirx is interested in purchasing a 1993 Nissan Sentra preferably blue, chiped paint is a MUST!!!

:eek:

Vanillacyke has been wierd lately. :confused:

Great thread idea, Electrix. Good way for peopl to get the latest, and most obscure info without having to search all around! :up:

Slim_X said:
I found this horrible "article". I wonder how this guy got the job... :mad: :mad:

http://www.cinemablend.com/review.php?id=707 At least it's from a site i've never heard of. I suppose it's not that popular or good.

err, the guy spelt 'third' wrong in the article...

pretty sure i don't care what he has to say, seeing as he appears to have the intelligence of a second grader...

star_chaser65 said:
err, the guy spelt 'third' wrong in the article...

pretty sure i don't care what he has to say, seeing as he appears to have the intelligence of a second grader...
It's also filled with rumors and not facts. And he also seems to have a grudge on Halle Berry.

Valerijan said:
The swedish site moviezine.se have listed X-men 3 among with Brokeback Mountain and The Da Vinci Code as the nr 1 most anticipated movies for next year. (superman returns is rated as nr 14)

http://www.moviezine.se/sidor/0512/2006_previews_sid2.shtml

EDIT: the link is for the first ten places
Is that "official" or just their opinion, not that I dont want X3 as number 1 for most anticipated of 06, cause I do!

LoGaN's RuNNer said:
Is that "official" or just their opinion, not that I dont want X3 as number 1 for most anticipated of 06, cause I do!

i dont think they've done any research on it so i guess its just their oppinion, but still its nice to read:)

Flick picks for '06

January 1, 2006

BY CINDY PEARLMAN

There has to be a morning after for Hollywood -- and we're not just talking about the old theme song for the remake of "The Poseidon Adventure." Last year was a disaster at the box office, with sinking revenues, waterlogged plots and many A-listers trying to swim upstream.

Will there be any flotation devices at the multiplex this year?

At least Hollywood is trying to keep its head above water, and the 2006 movie schedule looks promising. The one to watch? "The Da Vinci Code." Based on Dan Brown's novel, which sold more than a few copies, the Ron Howard film got the OK to shoot on location at the Louvre by French president Jacques Chirac. Now, that's some clout.

"I wouldn't want to open another movie anywhere near this one," Sony studio chief Amy Pascal was recently quoted as saying.

May 19 is when that Harvard symbology professor named Robert Langdon (played by Tom Hanks) will hook us into the biblical plot.

"Da Vinci" isn't the only reason to return to the movies. Hollywood has a few other surprises in store: Tom Cruise's mission this year is to leap off the couch to bring home another installment of "Mission Impossible"; director Bryan Singer hopes his new "Superman" flies while his old franchise will see another installment in "X3"; Pixar wants to stay on the ground with its talking "Cars," and director Wolfgang Petersen is turning his ship upside down for some summer thrills in "Poseidon."

"X-Men 3" (May 26): They're back ... Wolverine, Prof. Xavier, Iceman, Storm, Dr. Jean Grey, Cyclops, Mystique, etc. It's the third installment of the wildly popular "X-Men" series, but without director Bryan Singer at the helm. He flew the X coop to direct "Superman Returns," which left the door open for "Rush Hour's" Brett Ratner to pick up the reins. The plot has been kept a little bit murky, but it's filled with mutants who want to X out the X-men and women. So what else is new? Vinnie Jones and Kelsey Grammer have joined the cast.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertainment/sho-sunday-movies01.html

"X-Men 3" Cast Too Big?

According to the Hollywood Reporter, 20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment have added another character to "X-Men 3." Mei Melancon has joined the cast of the comic book-inspired sequel as the evil mutant assassin Psylocke.

"X-Men 3" helmer Brett Ratner also directed Melancon in his film "Rush Hour 2." Melancon's credits also include the HBO series "Deadwood," "CSI," and will appear in an upcoming episode of ""Kitchen Confidential."

According to Marvel Directory, Psylocke's powers include "many telepathic abilities, enabling her to read minds, communicate mentally with others over long distances, stun the minds of others with "mental bolts," control the minds of others, and create illusions in the minds of others. Psylocke can intensely focus her psionic powers into her "psychic knife," with which she can stun or kill an adversary."

In the film, she is slated to fight against the X-Men as a member of Magneto's (Ian McKellen) Brotherhood of Mutants.

While fans are glad for the addition of the sexy Psylocke, they are also speculating that such a large supporting cast will take away from the story itself. In early December, word began circulating of a slew of new mutant characters including Beast, Angel, Juggernaut, Kitty Pride and Callisto when studio photos were released. While a large ensemble cast has been vital to the story in each of the previous installments, those films were helmed by Bryan Singer. Ratner's ability to juggle plot and such a large cast of characters remains to be seen. Since Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg have returned as writers, fans are hopeful that the story will be as engaging as its predecessors.

Naturally, Patrick Stewart, who plays X-Men leader Professor Charles Xavier, has been talking up the film. Trekweb reports that in the latest issue of Dreamwatch Magazine, the star said "The script, I believe, is the best script of the three. It's very intense, it's very emotional, it's very personal about the individuals that we've already got to know in the first two movies. It has some astonishing set-piece sequences. It has a number of quite significant deaths. [From] what I've seen so far, I think, it's likely to be extraordinary. Some absolutely outstanding work is happening in Vancouver - including from some of the new people who've come onboard ranging from Kelsey Grammer (Beast) to Vinnie Jones (Juggernaut), who are now part of the X-Men family. If anyone saw Brett's "Red Dragon," which I thought was an outstanding film, I don't think they have any reason to be nervous."

If fans are less than enamored by this installment, they may still be able to get their mutant fill when Hugh Jackman fights the good fight in the "X-Men" spin-off "Wolverine" slated for release in 2007.

"X-Men 3" is set to premiere May 26th, 2006. -- Shannon Nolley

http://www.filmfodder.com/scifi/archives/2006/01/xmen_3_cast_too.shtml

The new year finds superheroes returning in force, as the X-Men return to the screen in "X-Men 3" and another superhero is reborn, as Superman flies back onto the big screen for the first time in almost 20 years. The new franchise will also be helmed by the guy who directed the first two X-Men films, Bryan Singer.

Some people expect there to be a line at the movie theaters this year with films such as "Superman Returns," "X-Men 3," "Mission Impossible 3" and "Miami Vice."

But some aren't as confident about "X-Men 3" which will have "Rush Hour's" Brett Ratner replacing Singer as director of the series.

"Ratner was the original choice to direct 'Superman Returns,'" said Genese Shanklin, of Montgomery. "I can't think of too many people that are big fans of Ratner as director considering his other films.

"The trailer didn't look bad though."

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060102/ENT/512310317/1005

Melancon to essay Psylocke's role in X-Men 3
LOS ANGELES - ''X-Men 3'' will have a new villain in its latest installment as Psylocke, the evil mutant assassin joins the team. Filipina actress Mei Melancon has been penciled in to play this role. LOS ANGELES - “X-Men 3" will have a new villain in its latest installment as Psylocke, the "evil mutant assassin" joins the team. Filipina actress Mei Melancon has been penciled in to play this role.

Melancon has some experience of working with "X-Men 3" director Brett Ratner since she was also on "Rush Hour 2" which was directed by him. Psylocke has had several roles in the Marvel comic series, but this is the first time that she will team up with Magneto's (Ian McKellen) Brotherhood of Mutants to torment the X-Men.

Psylocke has special skills including the ability of transporting herself as well as other villains through shadows. She is also known for her fighting qualities and telepathic abilities. X-men 3 will star Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry and is set for a May 26 Memorial Day release. Melancon was also seen in the HBO series "Deadwood" prior to landing the role of Psylocke.

The filming is reportedly progressing at full speed and rumors of Psylocke's inclusion began surfacing from Vancouver last week, according to The Hollywood Reporter. X-Men 3 is the joint production of 20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment.

http://www.whatistheword.com/story/Showbiz_517.html

X-men 3 Movie : New Villain Psylocke
Director Brett Ratner Movie X men 3
Posted By: Michael / Source

Mei Melancon has signed on to play mutant assassin Psylocke in X-Men 3, according to The Hollywood Reporter and a scooper who just emailed us and was on set to back up the report.

Psylocke is a regular from the comics and will battle the X-men. She has the ability to transport herself through telepathy and shadows.

No story has been confirmed for the third installment of the X-Men films, I think its safe to say that the third part will revolve around the Phoenix saga. Reports indicate the producers want to skip ahead and go straight into the Dark Phoenix story. New characters rumored to be in "X3" include Gambit, Beast, Angel, Psylocke, Emma Frost, Dazzler, Juggernaut and possibly the Sentinels.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_6870.html

Nice... :up:

Does anyone else feel like FOX should be starting with their online web documentaries for X3 now?.. :( Showing the fans a little bit of the stuff that they've been working on behind the scenes?..I think it was around this time before release that X2 had a couple videos up.

-TNC

I think they will keep X-Men 3 so secretive until its released. I doubt they will want to hand over the footage to theatre's.

No story has been confirmed for the third installment of the X-Men films, I think its safe to say that the third part will revolve around the Phoenix saga. Reports indicate the producers want to skip ahead and go straight into the Dark Phoenix story. New characters rumored to be in "X3" include Gambit, Beast, Angel, Psylocke, Emma Frost, Dazzler, Juggernaut and possibly the Sentinels.

*sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"