The Last Stand X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Wolverine was out of line to question Xavier's decision to put mental blocks within Jean's mind which is why Xavier was so aggressive towards Wolverine. Wolverine had no idea of the potential danger that Jean would pose without the mental blocks until after she killed Cyclops and Xavier.

Wolverine was out of line to question Xavier's decision to put mental blocks within Jean's mind which is why Xavier was so aggressive towards Wolverine. Wolverine had no idea of the potential danger that Jean would pose without the mental blocks until after she killed Cyclops and Xavier.

I still felt it was out of character watching the first two X-Men films I find Xavier in the Last Stand seems like a different character.

I have a few reasons to hate X3:
1. The Dark Phoenix was horribly portrayed and wasted a storyline that was being gradually developed. it ended up having to share the screen with another storyline.
2. Cyclops was unceremoniously killed off in favor of progressing the Wolvie/Jean love affair.
3. Wolverine's hair looked weirder than usual. It as really distracting. Instead of the usual dog-eared pompadour, it was like sticking up and then combed forward.
4. The Juggernaut quoting a meme was possibly the worst thing that has ever been in a superhero movie
5. Angel was wasted. Madrox was wasted.
6. The Morlocks were in the wrong movie. They should have been fighting Masterblaster for Bartertown.
7. Wolverine was overpowered. The first movie he was shot in the head and lost consciousness. Here he was almost ripped apart by the Phoenix and conducted lighting through his claws.
8. A mutant cure should have been more dramatic and it was treated like a MacGuffin
9. There was one character that could regrow his arms. They were needlessly CGI in a close up and its always bothered me.
10. Cyclops' entire behavior seemed predicated on a scene where Wolverine gets angry at him for having to fill in. IMO, Cyclops is the type to obsess about his job in the face of trauma not ignore it to wallow.
11. Some of the worst one-liners to follow knock outs. Like Arnie in the 80s bad.
12. I'm sure there's more. And all of them can be traced back to Fox not wanting to wait a few months to let Singer do a project in between movies.

2. Cyclops was unceremoniously killed off in favor of progressing the Wolvie/Jean love affair.

Pretty sure he was killed off as a **** you move from FOX to the actor because he appeared in Superman Returns.

They could have recast Cyclops if they really wanted, they probably see it as a benefit since wolverine could be the hero and to a certain extent get the girl

Fox and Bryan were not getting on very well so cyclops was a victim of that

I think X3 could have been pretty spectacular, I just think it needed a rewrite to tighten some of the dialogue & better direction to let the movie breathe a bit more.

Give Kinberg's script to Singer & his crew, and I think we would have been a-okay.

There was potential for story there, but all were left dangling when the movie moved on to the next set piece.

Storm's ascension into leadership, Professor X's decision to block Jean's powers, the community's response to the cure, Angel, etc.

The only thing that was absolutely nonredeemable in that movie was Rogue's decision to take the cure. Such a disservice to the character.

People hate The Last Stand because it was horrible.

1. The Dark Phoenix storyline was half-assed at best.

2. The emotion that the main characters felt about a cure for mutation being released was barely addressed.

3. In addition to all the characters from the first two films we also got Beast, Angel, Juggernaut, Callisto, Multiple Man, Leech, Arclight, Psylocke, Quills, Warren Worthington Senior, and Dr. Kavita Rao. All of whom were underdeveloped and who we as an audience really didn't care about.

4. The needlessly killing off or curing of main characters.

5. The Rogue and Iceman relationship which had become an important storyline was thrown away. Rogue is hardly in the film and Iceman is hanging around Kitty Pryde for reasons we're never told.

I could go on and on.

I am not sure if I should be posting in this forum whatever it will be moved if its not (not sure which X-Men board I can get the best answer on)..not trying to cause trouble I just ACTUALLY want to know..

WHY does everyone LAMBASTE and beat the **** out of "X-Men: 3"?!?

I watched it again it is awesome! Beast, Colossus, Juggernaut, Magneto, Wolverine, Mystique, Storm, Ice Man ALLLLL of these awesome characters BRING IT in this movie!!

The action scenes are phenomenal and exciting and there is a cool story, the pacing is great, there are funny moments, it doesn't drag the characters seemed to be connected and not totally different from the previous 2 films directed by Bryan Singer. Ok so maybe I dunno what..people have a personal vendetta with Ratner? Maybe they dislike the guy. I don't know him myself, and I happen to really enjoy all his other movies. They are fun and I get enjoyment out of them. So granted Archangel could have been utilized more but....REALLY what is the deal?

I am not trying to push my opinion down anyones throat so if you really didnt like the movie lol that's cool too.

I just really felt it was awesome and a childhood dream to see Beats, Colossus, Juggs, and everyone else on screen...AND just kicking ass left right and center.

I think it was the best one of the original trilogy. It felt more like an X-MEn film way more than any of Singer's films did.
My only real complaint about it is how they handled Cyclops but that's an issue in all these films.

I just rewatched it and its surprisingly better than I originally gave it credit for

I think X3 could have been pretty spectacular, I just think it needed a rewrite to tighten some of the dialogue & better direction to let the movie breathe a bit more.

Give Kinberg's script to Singer & his crew, and I think we would have been a-okay.

There was potential for story there, but all were left dangling when the movie moved on to the next set piece.

Storm's ascension into leadership, Professor X's decision to block Jean's powers, the community's response to the cure, Angel, etc.

The only thing that was absolutely nonredeemable in that movie was Rogue's decision to take the cure. Such a disservice to the character.

The movie was too short. I feel like Angel, Cyclops and Rogue needed more scenes. Angel should have been the X2 Nightcrawler or Iceman of the film, a potential member of the X-Men. The action sequences were too short like the danger room, Juggernaut v Kitty and Pyro v Iceman. While they could have lessen Magneto's minions. They should have used 1 character instead of having Omega Kid, Psylocke, Multiple Man and Arclight. The costume design especially for the new characters could have been a lot better especially the Juggernaut. Leech should have green with wide amber eyes, and it would have looked more visually appealing. Callisto didn't need a piercing but an eye patch.

Beast was fine though.

I love this movie, it's underrated.
Two things I don't like about this movie are the deaths of both Cyclops and Charles Xavier. I view these death as different reasons for the timing each death happened, and while my dislike for Scott's death is how he was mistreated, my dislike for the death of Charles is how it affects his following appearances.

I love this movie, it's underrated.
Two things I don't like about this movie are the deaths of both Cyclops and Charles Xavier. I view these death as different reasons for the timing each death happened, and while my dislike for Scott's death is how he was mistreated, my dislike for the death of Charles is how it affects his following appearances.
I feel the EXACT same way.

I also like the death of Xavier, one of the few times the movie that adapted a scene from the comic well, appropriately intense, but he really shouldn't have later been brought back, and if he absolutely had to have been brought back at least not as he was (basically ignoring the death).

I rewatched this the other day after not having seen it in years.
I honestly didn’t hate it. Is it a step down from X2? Yes, absolutely but it’s a decent enough film/sequel. I wish they did more with the Phoenix aspect (give her more to do during the end battle as well as some damn fire effects!) but it wasn’t nearly as bad as I remembered it.
You can tell it was very rushed, though. Both storylines should have been expanded upon more, especially Phoenix.

I really enjoyed the film, but the thing I just hated was Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. He sounded as ridiculous as he looked, and that line with Kitty and not knowing who he was well, that was just terrible! For all the effects, a film is only as good as its actors. Unfortunately, there are only so many actors who are anywhere big enough to play Juggernaut or anyone like him (Hulk). The only person who has the size, in my opinion, is Nathan Jones. You may remember him as the warrior who Achilles kills at the beginning of Troy. He's 6'10. When Jean died the first time (X-Men #137), Scott left the team... it would've been a better move than what happened on screen. I thought it sucked. Why would Jean smoke her longtime boyfriend but play with Wolverine? They could've added a fight scene between Colossus and Juggernaut. That would've been something.

There were some things I liked about the film... Grammer's Beast was top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"