X-Men 3: WHY all the hate?...seriously it was awesome!

4NutzinYoface

Sidekick
Reaction score
I am not sure if I should be posting in this forum whatever it will be moved if its not..not trying to cause trouble I just ACTUALLY want to know..

WHY does everyone LAMBASTE and beat the **** out of "X-Men: 3"?!?

I watched it again it is awesome! Beast, Colossus, Juggernaut, Magneto, Wolverine, Mystique, Storm, Ice Man ALLLLL of these awesome characters BRING IT in this movie!!

The action scenes are phenomenal and exciting and there is a cool story, the pacing is great, there are funny moments, it doesn't drag the characters seemed to be connected and not totally different from the previous 2 films directed by Bryan Singer. Ok so maybe I dunno what..people have a personal vendetta with Ratner? Maybe they dislike the guy. I don't know him myself, and I happen to really enjoy all his other movies. They are fun and I get enjoyment out of them. So granted Archangel could have been utilized more but....REALLY what is the deal?

I am not trying to push my opinion down anyones throat so if you really didnt like the movie lol that's cool too.

I just really felt it was awesome and a childhood dream to see Beats, Colossus, Juggs, and everyone else on screen...AND just kicking ass left right and center.

In my opinion the initial hatred stemmed from all of the crap caused by Singer leaving/being replaced by Ratner. People started out with a bad feeling about the movie. Then when you kill off two of the main characters, especially killing them off in such a throw away non heroic dying as they save the world way, it really ticked a lot of people off.

In my opinion the initial hatred stemmed from all of the crap caused by Singer leaving/being replaced by Ratner. People started out with a bad feeling about the movie. Then when you kill off two of the main characters, especially killing them off in such a throw away non heroic dying as they save the world way, it really ticked a lot of people off.

Ahhh yes yes I can see that and I TOTALLY forgot about my main man Cyclops he is one of my favorite characters how the HECK can they kill him off actually!? I know at the end Professor X came back but..ol' Cyke got the bums rush :(

Either way I loved the movie. And that hurling flaming car scene with Pyro and Magneto!? AWESOME!!

I didn't like that they had to kill Prof. X and Cyclops, it was ok for Jean dying since she could've just been brought back for X-Men 4.

Another is that for it being the "last" in the trilogy what was up with the short running time? For a grand last stand it could've been at least 2 hours.

Aside from those minor squabbles the action was good, the acting by Hugh Jackman was excellent and this one had the better music score of all three movies by John Powell.

For me, my problem with the movie was simply that it seemed like the script was this grand, sprawling epic, but then like 40% of the movie was cut out, and all we were left with was a collection of random scenes that shakily held the overall plot together, but failed to create an great sense of in-movie continuity or quality.

Wolverine: Origins had the exact same problem; I played the video game first, and it was quite possibly the most perfect Wolverine story you could've had for a movie. But then when I saw the actual movie, again, 40% of the scenes that had really enriched and improved the game were totally absent from the film.

I didn't like how the characters were underutilized and the whole Phoenix thing was just shoehorned in.

Killing Cyclops really annoyed me also. Professor X , I just assumed Patrick Stewart no longer wanted to play him that's why they did the possible bodyswitch ploy.

I understand the deeper undermeanings about being able to unmutant people but I loathe with the power unattainable to most mortals stories where superpowers and physical features are things you can neutralize or pour out of people. One of the few things that COMPLETELY breaks my suspension of belief.

It bothered me that Magneto just left mystique instead of trying to fix her and there was also no emotional response to losing his lifelong companion other than "Pity , she was so beautiful". I know they were trying to make appoint about Magneto but I didn't buy it.

Last edited:
Very entertaining film but it has a lot of flaws! Flaws that cant easily be ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"