X-Men 3: The Last Stand (Video Game Update)

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Z-Axis used to work on Acclaim's Dave Mirra BMX games until Activision bought them out. You might assume that they'd set them to work on a new Mat Hoffman BMX title, but no - they're hard at work on X-Men 3.

Three is the magic number here, as a trio of superheroes are playable - Iceman, Nightcrawler and Captain Sideburns (Wolverine). Iceman's levels are set against the clock, with the onus on making ice bridges, ice slides and so on to get through a level as quickly as possible. He can also lob projectiles and summon fatal hailstorms. Naturally.

Nightcrawler's bits take inspiration from Prince of Persia, with lots of acrobatic skills coming into play. The blue mutant has got a unique trick up his sleeve though - the ability to 'bamf' (read: teleport) all over the place. How this'll work during battles and such is unclear, but we guess that you'll just hit a button to vanish and reappear somewhere not too far away. We sincerely hope that this trick can be used to rack up huge combos.

This leaves Wolverine to supply the heavy-handed combat with something that Activision are calling a 'Fury Mode'. There's also a 'Mutant Evolution System' (the ability to upgrade skills) and 'Hyberboard Cut-scenes' to look forward to. Their marketing team must have been put into overdrive.

Rather than follow the plot of the film, the story is penned by comic book writer Chris Claremont and explains what happens in the run up to its silver-screen daddy.

It's due out on absolutely everything - even GameCube, as these details are from NGC - this spring. Around the same time as the movie, no doubt.

Edit: Oh and here's the link:

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=53720272/K=x...amesasylum.com/showarticle.php?articleID=4680

Kind of reminds me how they made the Riddick game tie into the first film. Loved that.

the game doesent sound to good, since there is only 3 playable characters.

Jesus Christ there's doubters and complainers on every end! There are too many character or not enough. Give me a break. This game takes place between the events of 2 & 3 so I guess we'll find out what happens to Nightcrawler which is also probably why he's a focal point of the game. X-Axis has always done a good job and you know the other characters will be there for support of some kind.

That sounds like it might quite good

I still dont get why they say this is based off the Movie when this is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT Story Line then the Movie

were is storm,colossus,cyclops,kitty or beast??

I'm sure it's just a working title. You know Riddick, Doom, the original Halo, all had only 1 playable character. Halo 2 had 2 playable characters and it was worse than part 1. I understand X-Men is a team but not every member should get focused on in each film or game. Sometimes the other characters have to step back from the light, take a break, or step up. If each character is developed in the game the right way and the missions are long and the details are polished it will be an awesome game.

Dnsk said:
I still dont get why they say this is based off the Movie when this is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT Story Line the the Movie

Because it is a prequel to the film. Did you actually read the 1st post in this thread?

Telekinetic said:

More than most action games....

Telekinetic said:
Well, in the Matrix video game you couldn't play as ANY of the main characters from the film and that game was still kick ass.

Yeah, hopefully you can do some bullet time stuff, when you are Nightcrawler and are teleporting everywhere. Like the White House scene

Sounds awesome! I was hoping to play Storm, but I love Icey, Nighty, and Wolvie, so cool :p

Telekinetic said:
Yeah, that kinda sux:o Hopefully the game will kick @ss anyway:up:

littyx said:
Because it is a prequel to the film. Did you actually read the 1st post in this thread?

Yes but they STILL advertise it as "Based On The Movie" when it should be just "A Prequel To The Upcoming Movie"

Silver Samurai is in it thats who Ken Leung is playing !!!!! Wolvie goes to japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marvelman418 said:
Silver Samurai is in it thats who Ken Leung is playing !!!!! Wolvie goes to japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, NO!

Lady Deathstrike is in the game...is she in X3? NO!

Nightcrawler is in the game....is he in X3? NO!

I see a reoccuring theme here, guys...

Dnsk said:
Yes but they STILL advertise it as "Based On The Movie" when it should be just "A Prequel To The Upcoming Movie"

All you're doing is nitpicking and you know it. It's based on the movieverse, deal with it.

colosus is IN it and helps nightcrawler but he isn't playable.

well atleast the came out with a game, im still gonna try it either way.

PRESS RELEASE: Official Xbox Magazine bets on Black

Press release supplied by Games Press 16:11 31/01/2006

31/01/06 – Future's Official Xbox Magazine exclusively takes the lid off EA's eagerly-anticipated first person shooter Black next month, delivering the world's first review of the Xbox version and a playable demo.
Also snatching the March issue front cover, Black gets the definitive Official Xbox Magazine treatment, with a comprehensive review. Developed by Criterion, known by gamers for the phenomenal Burnout series – the exclusive Black demo showcases the power still untapped in the original Xbox, proving that anything goes in this all-action gunfest.
Issue 53 of Official Xbox Magazine also delivers an exciting first look at the X Men 3 movie adaptation, as well as shots and details of FarCry: The Next Chapter and Medal of Honour: Airborne. The team goes behind the scenes on two of the hottest forthcoming Xbox titles, Hitman: Blood Money and Scarface: The World is Yours – which sees the return of Al Pacino's iconic movie character, Tony Montana.
The March issue also comes with a 100-page tips book, packed with complete solutions for Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers and Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, as well as an A-Z of tips for the greatest games available on the Xbox.
Alongside the exclusive playable demo of Black, Official Xbox Magazine's monthly coverdisc also features exclusive playable demos of Stubbs the Zombie, Toca Racer Drive 3 and Knights of the Temple 2. The disc features a complete database of Xbox game ratings (over 600), as well as trailers of The Godfather, Commandos: Strike Force and Painkiller: Hell Wars.
Editor of Official Xbox Magazine, Gavin Ogden said:
"We're delighted we can bring our readers the demo of EA's Black. This goes to show that the Xbox is still capable of producing some truly cutting-edge titles, unrivalled on any other system. The amount of games announced and content still coming for the original Xbox proves there is a great deal of excitement still to be had."
Issue 53 of Official Xbox Magazine goes on sale Thursday, 16th February, with a coverprice of £5.99 – including the essential monthly playable coverdisc.
ENDS
About Future
Future plc was founded in the UK in 1985. Today, it publishes over 150 special-interest consumer magazines worldwide with strong portfolios in the computing, games, music, automotive, sports, crafts and leisure sectors. It is the fifth largest magazine publisher in the UK. Future employs 1,450 people in offices in the UK, US, France and Italy. Over 100 international editions of Future's magazines are also published under licence in 30 other countries across the world. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol FUTR).

Hmm... I think they should release it a little before the movie... like even a month, haha. If its a prequel, it should be given enough time to be played before the raging fans, such as ourselves, go to see the movie at the midnight showing.

It sounds like a great idea. I'm not sure about the timed parts - They make me nervous, haha. But I am glad to see more than just Wolverine. Especially Nightcrawler. I just hope he doesn't bite the dust.

Also, I hope that it ties in with the realistic theme of the X-movies.

Too bad we can't play as Storm - I feel your pain, Ant.

Why of all people Iceman? I can understand Wolverine and even Nightcrawler but Iceman is so random to me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"